Author Topic: Rafa out of Olympics  (Read 8307 times)

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
Rafa out of Olympics
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 05:52:34 AM »
I can only assume this is his last Olympics chance, I am sure it was a tough decision to pull out.
Pulling out is always tough.

Still,one should relish (mayo?) the opportunity to do so, for chances don't necessarily come around often.
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Rafa out of Olympics
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 06:00:06 AM »
I can only assume this is his last Olympics chance, I am sure it was a tough decision to pull out.
Pulling out is always tough.

Still,one should relish (mayo?) the opportunity to do so, for chances don't necessarily come around often.
Especially as one grows older.....and the knees begin to fail more frequently.  A playa knows he has to make every shot count while the clock tock ticks away.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 09:18:03 AM »
Sad that he had to pull out of Olympics, especially sad for some of his fans.
Although, have to disagree this might have been his last Olympics.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Rafa out of Olympics
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 11:03:28 AM »
He already has a gold medal - so he had nothing to really prove at these Olympics or even in future Olympics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 11:22:49 AM »
He already has a gold medal - so he had nothing to really prove at these Olympics or even in future Olympics.

it ain't everything in stats, achievements and records  :)~
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 12:30:48 PM »

it ain't everything in stats, achievements and records  :)~

You are correct...but if Rafa had played this Olympics...and say, lost in the 2nd round...people would really be getting on him for even playing.  So if he's not healthy or in shape...he had nothing to prove by not playing.  All I'm saying... Unless he had played AND WON it...his 'fans' would probably have accepted nothing less.

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 03:32:29 PM »

Look at it from the other side - he had a chance to be the first player to successfully defend his Olympics gold, and he lost it.
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 04:35:42 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that Nadal has had to withdraw, and hope he recovers well for the American hard court season.  He is such a great competitor - I'm sure he'll be back playing with passion again very soon. 

Carpe Diem

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 05:00:08 PM »
really really disappointing news....  :( :( :( :( :(

federer must be thrilled though  :\

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 07:28:36 PM »
WADA President John Fahey has called on athletes who are doping to withdraw from their national teams and stay away from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012, 02:12:14 AM »
WADA President John Fahey has called on athletes who are doping to withdraw from their national teams and stay away from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

:)) That is just mean!!

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2012, 06:56:21 AM »
federer must be thrilled though  :\
Quite so, because Nadal was such a threat on grass this season.  :rofl_2: 
Carpe Diem

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2012, 07:01:35 AM »
Oh no you ditint! :zipped:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2012, 07:40:24 AM »
The only thing I want to know is his injure.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 10:44:55 AM »
ESPN

MADRID -- Defending Olympic tennis champion Rafael Nadal pulled out of the London Games on Thursday with an undisclosed injury.

"I am not in condition to compete in the London Olympics and therefore will not travel as planned with the Spanish delegation to take part in the Games," the third-ranked Spaniard said in a statement.

Nadal's withdrawal will keep an Olympics tennis streak alive, at least on the men's side. No player (male or female) has ever won consecutive Olympic gold medals in singles.

Nadal did not mention any specific injury, but he canceled a charity match in Madrid on July 4 because of tendon problems in his left knee. He has had recurring knee problems in the past.

Nadal has not played since losing in the second round of Wimbledon to then 100th-ranked Lukas Rosol, one of the most surprising results in the tournament's history.

I guess we don't really know what the problem is and his camp doesn't seem to be forthcoming with the answer.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:47:31 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 10:47:59 AM »
.....or it could be a bruised ego. ;-()

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:06:00 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »
This is a good read-
http://espn.go.com/tennis/blog/_/name/espntennis/id/8180852/tennis-nadal-now-faces-even-greater-challenges

Some speculation mixed with facts and intersting conclusion-  Nadal is at a cross-roads in his career.

The observation that each of the top 3 has won a surface specific slam this year makes the upcoming U.S.O. all the more exciting for me.

But before that we have the 2012 Olympics and Nadal being out just opens the door a wee bit more for other players to step up and win a medal.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »
all those articles about possible doping scenarios and stuff is just s**t-stirring........only rafa hating sheep fall for it........just go through that nadal quitting olympics thread at MTF to know more about such sheep........

is disgusting of media to bring up doping discussions surrounding nadal's exit from olympics.......do they even realize that nadal actually played and won olympics before and undergone all dope tests? what filthy morons to write about a true champion like that and feed his haters.......do they believe nadal escaped dope tests in china last time? 

oh the latest news is that he is out of toronto and possibly cincinnatti as well........a slap in the faces of the s**t stirring media morons........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2012, 01:23:17 PM »
latest news?
out of Cinncy and Toronto?
yikes!

Yeah, the whole doping thing is pure B.S. until proven otherwise.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2012, 05:11:05 PM »
oh the latest news is that he is out of toronto and possibly cincinnatti as well........

He only has a total of 190 points to defend from Cinci and Toronto..
Maybe he and his team decided to give the knees a real long rest before the USO..

On the other hand, this would be a good opportunity to regain ground on Fed and Djoko.
Fed has 270 points to defend, Djoko 1600....