Author Topic: Rafa out of Olympics  (Read 9058 times)

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Re: Rafa out of Olympics
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2012, 05:13:40 PM »
latest news?
out of Cinncy and Toronto?
yikes!

I can't find anything in the news about Canada/Cincy. If that's true, his US Open is fracked.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
Rafa out of Olympics
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2012, 11:04:27 PM »
all those articles about possible doping scenarios and stuff is just s**t-stirring........only rafa hating sheep fall for it........just go through that nadal quitting olympics thread at MTF to know more about such sheep........

Ah, stirring it with baseless rumors eh?  I'm sure that's nothing like the rumors bandied about just after the W final, when it was suggested the tourney organizers conspired against Murray to close the roof even though it was only a 25 min rain shower.  BTW, was I the only one to hear the rain louder than the sound of the ball, 50 minutes after they stopped play?  Anyway, I'm sure those rumors were much more legit, since they were trumpeted by highly reputable and highly respected members of this forum.

Anyway, sorry to hear that Rafa's absence might be extended.  IMO Fed's victories tend to be that much sweeter when Rafa is around.  Maybe Rafa is resting and gearing up for that year-end championship that no one cares about?
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2012, 01:03:37 AM »
oh the latest news is that he is out of toronto and possibly cincinnatti as well........a slap in the faces of the s**t stirring media morons........

Yeah, right. I'll believe it when Rafa announces it. Not until then.

His camp is legendary for spreading rumours like these...
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2012, 01:08:02 AM »
federer must be thrilled though  :\
Quite so, because Nadal was such a threat on grass this season.  :rofl_2:

it makes the road easier for federer.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2012, 07:11:51 AM »
all those articles about possible doping scenarios and stuff is just s**t-stirring........only rafa hating sheep fall for it........just go through that nadal quitting olympics thread at MTF to know more about such sheep........

Ah, stirring it with baseless rumors eh?  I'm sure that's nothing like the rumors bandied about just after the W final, when it was suggested the tourney organizers conspired against Murray to close the roof even though it was only a 25 min rain shower.  BTW, was I the only one to hear the rain louder than the sound of the ball, 50 minutes after they stopped play?  Anyway, I'm sure those rumors were much more legit, since they were trumpeted by highly reputable and highly respected members of this forum.

Anyway, sorry to hear that Rafa's absence might be extended.  IMO Fed's victories tend to be that much sweeter when Rafa is around.  Maybe Rafa is resting and gearing up for that year-end championship that no one cares about?
Please stop using facts in this discussion.
 :)>>>>It's very disruptive. :mad1:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2012, 07:50:10 AM »

Excellent comment, this.   I'd add only that despite the breathtakingly obtuse & irritating comments of some,  and tempting though it is to tease them  -   :)  -   as far as I'm concerned, it is indeed a pity that Nadal is injured & out.   I wouldn't blame him for wanting to rest up & get better before playing again, and it would be an intelligent move to risk losing a handful of ranking points in order to prepare for the US Open. 
As for the rest of the field - here's hoping for a great contest for the gold medal.   The world will still rotate on its axis without Nadal or any player, and I expect some excellent tennis.    I shall be there next week & am looking forward to it.     
Carpe Diem

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2012, 08:03:31 AM »

Please stop using facts in this discussion.
 :)>>>>It's very disruptive. :mad1:

Just tell him the rain in FO final..... :rofl_2:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »
federer must be thrilled though  :\
Quite so, because Nadal was such a threat on grass this season.  :rofl_2:

it makes the road easier for federer.

they certainly don't want us to believe so........

:hysterical:
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2012, 05:05:09 PM »
I can only assume this is his last Olympics chance, I am sure it was a tough decision to pull out.
Pulling out is always tough.

Amen brutha
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
Rafa out of Olympics
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2012, 05:53:52 PM »
Excellent comment, this.   I'd add only that despite the breathtakingly obtuse & irritating comments of some,  and tempting though it is to tease them  -   :)  -   as far as I'm concerned, it is indeed a pity that Nadal is injured & out.   I wouldn't blame him for wanting to rest up & get better before playing again, and it would be an intelligent move to risk losing a handful of ranking points in order to prepare for the US Open. 
As for the rest of the field - here's hoping for a great contest for the gold medal.   The world will still rotate on its axis without Nadal or any player, and I expect some excellent tennis.    I shall be there next week & am looking forward to it.   

Very cool, hope you have a great time and are able to stop in here and give us a 'live' update.  I too hope for some great tennis and while I'll be rooting for Fed, I wouldn't be too disappointed to see Murray come through.
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2012, 07:45:03 PM »
I'm hoping Nadal gets rested up and in shape for the HC season.

From what I read it was a "undisclosed" injury but may be his knees.

I know he used a procedure before called blood spinning(Platlet Rich Plasma - PRP) on his knees and they were fine for quite a long time. Could be he has done this again and has to wait awhile before stressing his knees. The process causes inflammation which helps promote healing.
Many athletes have gone through this procedure with very good results but it takes time before activity can be resumed, it varies.

This is the best time for him to do it, he's worn down from the season so he may as well do it now and rest up at the same time.

I have a feeling he's looking for the USO and wants to be ready there, it's enough time to get his game in order and the rest will help a bit too.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 07:45:49 PM by swish »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2012, 05:59:25 AM »
concurred........if he gets fit by the time of us open and gets two practice matches under his belt, he cannot be stopped at the us open........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2012, 06:12:56 AM »
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2012, 06:24:30 AM »
So it is a problem with at least one of his knees. :(
How on earth could he possibly believe that he'll still be competing in 2016 given his current physical condition? :( :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2012, 07:06:37 AM »
How on earth could he possibly believe that he'll still be competing in 2016 given his current physical condition? :( :(

from what i heard about tendinitis,

it is a permanent case for sure but not a career threatening issue at all.......it flares up every single time he packs his schedule heavily and plays restlessly.......tendinitis interrupted rafa's career several times till now starting right from the age of 17.......

so he will have these breaks once in a while as long as he keeps messing with his schedule foolishly but that doesn't mean he is breaking down year by year........

no surprise that he is optimistic about 2016 because he can easily hold up till 2016.......tendinitis does not damage the bones, it is just an issue with the tissues connecting muscles to bones........so i don't see any breaking down as the tissues can be restored through treatment........

the common treatment for this is by using totally non-steroid drugs, blood replacement to heal the tendon, rest and gradual return to exercise........

the only thing is that he keeps pushing it too much and landing himself into trouble........

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2012, 07:30:33 AM »

from what i heard about tendinitis,

it is a permanent case for sure but not a career threatening issue at all.......it flares up every single time he packs his schedule heavily and plays restlessly.......tendinitis interrupted rafa's career several times till now starting right from the age of 17.......

so he will have these breaks once in a while as long as he keeps messing with his schedule foolishly but that doesn't mean he is breaking down year by year........

no surprise that he is optimistic about 2016 because he can easily hold up till 2016.......tendinitis does not damage the bones, it is just an issue with the tissues connecting muscles to bones........so i don't see any breaking down as the tissues can be restored through treatment........

the common treatment for this is by using totally non-steroid drugs, blood replacement to heal the tendon, rest and gradual return to exercise........

the only thing is that he keeps pushing it too much and landing himself into trouble........
Let's hope  you're right.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2012, 07:49:45 AM »
Hello all!  Let's hope Mr. Nadal has a speedy recovery and can play by the US Open. The tour doesn't seem the same when he is gone.

But he better follow doctors orders this time and rest his knees like he is supposed to rest from all "sporting activity" (tennis, golf, football, jet skiing, etc.).   The week after Wimbledon,  on his vacation to Sardinia, he was out with his friends jet skiing of all things.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Legends of Tennis

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2012, 08:39:48 AM »
howdy masterclass? how is everyone at the castle man? convey my greetings to diana, dee, amber, mimi, anny and all my friends........please tell them that i am missing them and i want them all to make accounts here.........we would all collectively make a great big addition to this already good forum........

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2012, 09:08:12 AM »
howdy masterclass? how is everyone at the castle man? convey my greetings to diana, dee, amber, mimi, anny and all my friends........please tell them that i am missing them and i want them all to make accounts here.........we would all collectively make a great big addition to this already good forum........

It may happen sooner than you think general.  Castle has been good, and I'll convey your wishes!
But from what I heard, General Hercules just got P'banned.  Many may follow him here.  ;-()  :gleam:

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2012, 09:52:15 AM »

I just got "spanked" by mod for just saying hi from you general. I don't believe it.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis