Author Topic: Rafa out of Olympics  (Read 8911 times)

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
Re: Rafa out of Olympics
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2012, 01:26:31 PM »
Yep, read it on Nadal's Facebook page.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2012, 06:56:34 PM »
This definitely doesn't look good.. Pulling out of Olympics, Toronto and now Cincy is definitely a bad sign.. Do you think his knees just have had enough??

He will definitely not be a contender for USO, no time or preparation, that is if he doesn't pull off from that too.

Too bad.. And to think that, even though Nadal has had problems with his knee for ages, I still think Uncle Tony is to blame for his TERRIBLE scheduling for Nadal. Now, I know that Nadal is the one who pushes even Uncle Tony to play every tournament he wants and that he is stubborn, but a coach is there for MANY reasons and not just coaching, and he should do something about it.

Get well Nadal, at least you will always have clay!! :))

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2012, 06:33:57 AM »
Twitter TennisConnected: "I heard from a reliable source that Nadal considering bagging the rest of the year. Not 100% obviously, but a possibility."

Take it for what it's worth.  He's still practicing at the moment according to various other sources.
I imagine if he and his team feel there is not sufficient improvement, the rest of the year might be in jeopardy.

He has about 2000 points to defend, 1200 in the US Open alone. So if he missed the USO, then he might as well bag it and start fresh next year and probably focus on the clay.  He is unlikely to go below #4, Unless Tsonga plays like superman the rest of the year.

Respectfully,
masterclass
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:47:57 AM by masterclass »
Legends of Tennis

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2012, 11:54:18 AM »
Nadal is one of the players who really depend on his "speed"... He runs everything down.  He'a a 'gritty' player....always going for every ball, etc.  IF he starts to lose some of that 'speed'  he's so famous for - how do you all think that would affect the rest of his game? And..IF he does 'bag' the rest of the season - how do you think that would affect him next year.  Remember, he hasn't won a non-clay tournament since 2010.  For women's tennis - it seems to be easy to 'come back' after a long time out.  But I think it's different in the men's game. 

Personally I don't think he's going to 'bag' the rest of the year (unless he really is badly injured and more than any of us realize).

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2012, 05:07:07 AM »
still out of action? he deserves it.......nobody asked him to play blindly tournament after tournament and get injured........but don't be surprised if he wins the us open........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2012, 05:48:20 AM »
still out of action? he deserves it.......nobody asked him to play blindly tournament after tournament and get injured........but don't be surprised if he wins the us open........

How can he? He is not going to have any preparation or "real" training for USO... He will definitely not be a threat for USO and I am sorry for Nadal, but he needs to learn to schedule his season and he needs to listen to everybody on his camp, not that they are doing a terrific job.. LOL.. but at least he needs to start realising that he needs to do something.

Maybe this could be a turning point for him, realize that if he continues this pace, his professional career may be in jeopardy and will not last 2 more seasons, maybe this will the a wake up call for him and his camp and make him rest between tournaments, even if that means skipping tournaments like Barcelona...

Who knows...

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2012, 06:09:48 AM »

How can he? He is not going to have any preparation or "real" training for USO... He will definitely not be a threat for USO and I am sorry for Nadal, but he needs to learn to schedule his season and he needs to listen to everybody on his camp, not that they are doing a terrific job.. LOL.. but at least he needs to start realising that he needs to do something.

Maybe this could be a turning point for him, realize that if he continues this pace, his professional career may be in jeopardy and will not last 2 more seasons, maybe this will the a wake up call for him and his camp and make him rest between tournaments, even if that means skipping tournaments like Barcelona...

Who knows...

may - august is such a funny little period in tennis over a full year, 3 of the 4 grandslams are played in that short span of 4 months........how the hell nadal keeps messing with that period over and over so idiotically is totally beyond me........     

us open is still doable if he is just 100% for the event........he cannot be stopped when he is fit and the opponent is not some freak like djokovic last year........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2012, 09:48:28 AM »
outside clay nadal is eminently stoppable, in fact the very statement that his isn't is gibberish. It'll s be two years in october since he won a none clay tournament-simply a fact.
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2012, 10:03:47 AM »
outside clay nadal is eminently stoppable, in fact the very statement that his isn't is gibberish. It'll s be two years in october since he won a none clay tournament-simply a fact.

bulls**t.......that fact is as good as any void entity and weighs zero going forward........these non-clay titles less gaps are nothing new to nadal........

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2012, 10:12:39 AM »
He will probably reach the semis, but not more than that. The other 3 of the Top 4 are better hardcourt players, and in better form than him now.
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2012, 10:18:52 AM »
He will probably reach the semis, but not more than that. The other 3 of the Top 4 are better hardcourt players, and in better form than him now.

if he reaches semis, he will have tuned himself by then and will take it to anyone........

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2012, 10:41:32 AM »

bulls**t.......that fact is as good as any void entity and weighs zero going forward........these non-clay titles less gaps are nothing new to nadal........

i take it English isn't your first language or your about 5 years of age. If it's the former my trying to explain the inductive principle to you is a waste of time, if it's the latter your parents should really monitor your internet habits, and social services should be informed at the very least.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2012, 10:54:09 AM »

i take it English isn't your first language or your about 5 years of age. If it's the former my trying to explain the inductive principle to you is a waste of time, if it's the latter your parents should really monitor your internet habits, and social services should be informed at the very least.

i wouldn't bother listening to morons teaching in any language........

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2012, 12:41:53 PM »

Is that because you're worried you'd fail the exam?

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
Rafa out of Olympics
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2012, 04:46:57 PM »

With your recent run, it's good to see you warning of a Rafa win at USO.  First you were predicting Djoko spanking Fed at Wimby, then an 'angry' Djoko cruising through the Olympics, and finally that Murray wouldn't be able to get over Fed in the Olympics final.  Just please, no predictions of a Fed win, OK?  Thx in advance!
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2012, 06:08:05 PM »
The Astro-Predictor is only wrong when he is wrong.

With your recent run, it's good to see you warning of a Rafa win at USO.  First you were predicting Djoko spanking Fed at Wimby, then an 'angry' Djoko cruising through the Olympics, and finally that Murray wouldn't be able to get over Fed in the Olympics final.  Just please, no predictions of a Fed win, OK?  Thx in advance!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2012, 08:40:45 PM »
He still can dominate if he changes something in his game. If he can some the way to make his serve into another level and hit deep effective return. It is simple solution, but easy said than done. 

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2012, 08:43:52 AM »

Is that because you're worried you'd fail the exam?

no but you have certainly failed here........mocking others' english with one of your own mistakes.......  :rofl_2:

Offline phoneix

• Tennis Player
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2012, 09:10:34 AM »
So, Nadal wasn't fully fit in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2011? I wouldn't hold your breath this year, then.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2012, 04:26:23 PM »
He still can dominate if he changes something in his game. If he can some the way to make his serve into another level and hit deep effective return. It is simple solution, but easy said than done.
Gaining control of points earlier is an excellent suggestion.
I would think shortening the points might be a good idea too, but that could potentially disrupt his rhythm by not getting enough strokes per point.  Such are the quandries of a baseliner.....
CONK da ball!!!