Author Topic: Players and Nick Names by Brad Gilbert and others  (Read 2956 times)

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
Re: Players and Nick Names by Brad Gilbert and others
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 02:01:16 AM »
you ready for your player to finally try to snatch a gold medal in singles?
he has the hot hand on grass right now. and it is just best of 3 sets foremat until the final.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012, 04:45:58 AM »
i know only a little bit of history, hercules........during french open this year i was going through a list of some italian and latin american players of past.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012, 04:49:02 AM »
nalbandian - fat dave, fit dave, nalfatian, king david, el rey david, burger king, nalby and

nalbandit (created by me in his honour of stealing some great tournaments from federer and nadal in late 2005 and late 2007)     
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 10:30:51 AM »
hola general shanks.
ready for the olympics?
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2012, 10:51:25 AM »
i can hardly wait for olympics, hercs........all the events will be a pure spectacle.......being an indian by blood yourself who do you think will get the gold for our country? i say jwala gutta in badminton doubles has a good chance........

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »
indians dont usually field a strong team general shanks. we will just hope for the best.
lets enjoy all of the greatest athletes from around the globe and let the chips fall where they may.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2012, 11:16:38 AM »
yes, indians are known for skill based sports more than fitness based sports like gymnastics, track and field and stuff........we got the gold in shooting last time........

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2012, 01:04:40 PM »
Shank and Herc, I fully expect you to support the Serbian Slayer here ... if not, we are not friends any more  :)) .... Dallas is going down  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2012, 01:41:13 PM »
Mr Alex, my sentimental favorite for this tournament is going to be "Ali", Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. I know he felt he let the French people down at the French Open against Nole.

He's been playing quite well and consistently over the last 9-10 months, but has only 3 ATP 250 titles to show for it.  I'd kind of like to see him win something bigger. The Olympics would be perfect for him.  I can almost picture him celebrating and laughing after the win, and then crying during the French anthem.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2012, 04:14:29 PM »
agree with general mc. i think tsonga is a strong dark horse at the olympics. he could ambush for a medal.

he has the big serve and he has improved his ground game. my only concern is the net game. that needs to improve. either that or the approach shots have to really good.
you dont need to be a great net player if you are going in own your own terms.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2012, 06:46:28 PM »
you ready for your player to finally try to snatch a gold medal in singles?
he has the hot hand on grass right now. and it is just best of 3 sets foremat until the final.

I hope he wins it, but there is no guarantee. 3 set formats are the most dangerous, especially on grass. Any one can get hot and cause an upset before you know it.  who would have thought that Fed will lose to James Blake at the Olympics and that is what had happened.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2012, 06:56:04 PM »
affirmative.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2012, 06:26:01 AM »
....and so goes the thread on nicknames....
CONK da ball!!!