Author Topic: XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)  (Read 26244 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Re: XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)
« Reply #380 on: August 05, 2012, 10:40:20 AM »
Congrats to Murray for winning the gold, Delpo for the bronze.....and my man Roger for the silver.

And congrats to my girls Venus and Serena for the double's gold. All in all it was a pretty good Olympics for my favorite players. Victoria also won a bronze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlucky this time Dallas & Roger fans,i know what the other side feels like.I'm so happy for Murray seems so long to win something so big,i'm over the moon for him today.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #381 on: August 05, 2012, 11:00:12 AM »
well done murray, team murray, and murray fans.

the day belongs to you. congrats. and of course the day belongs in a very big way to murray`s mom. andy gave her the present she had longed for.

i am happy for murray`s mom more than anything for this historic achievement. murray finally won the big one in a very big match against top gun with the whole world watching.

and finally congrats to fed for the sliver and to d-pot for the bronze.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 11:00:55 AM by hercules »

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #382 on: August 05, 2012, 11:13:22 AM »
Congratulations to Murray on this quite superb win!  How wonderful to have outplayed both Djokovic & Federer en route to the Gold Medal. Very well done indeed.  He will no doubt take huge confidence from this win & hopefully, put his past demons behind him as he looks forward to the GS's.

Congratulations too to Murray fans. He has come of age & one senses that things will only get better from now on.   :)

That marathon match between Del Potro & Federer clearly had its toll on Federer today.  I take nothing away from Murray, who comprehensively beat Federer, but there is no doubt that Federer's SF match took its toll on him.  I'm glad he has pulled out of the Rogers Cup & can try to rest before Cincinnati & the USO. 

And after his efforts in the SF, I'm glad Del Potro took the bronze. He deserved a medal here.

I'm not sure what to make of Djokovic's performance.   However, I doubt if this performance in the Olympics is a long term malaise & I expect him to excel in the US hard court season.

But with each of the top 3 winning a slam thus far & Murray winning the Olympic Gold - things are more interesting than for a while. Long may it continue.

Congratulations to team US - The Bryans getting the doubles gold & the Williams sisters the other doubles gold with SW taking the singles gold   - outstanding stuff!     

And as for the remainder - come on team GB for the mixed doubles! I hope Murray can double his gold medal haul today!  :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 11:15:24 AM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #383 on: August 05, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »
Happy for Murray. Good win. Beating both Federer and Djokovic to claim the gold.

Federer should be happy with silver: he simply looked out of sorts today, perhaps the semi final was too draining for him. He couldn't capitalize on either one of the 9 opportunities on Murray's serve and had troubles on his own serve as well.

Maybe this win gives Murray the extra confidence he needs to win a major. Like Djokovic needed the Davis Cup win.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #384 on: August 05, 2012, 12:05:10 PM »
I wasn't able to see any matches today, darn  :(. Anyway, Congrats to Murray and DP.  Let's hope that this win his boost his confidence and he can finally win a slam. Congrats to Fed too, after all silver is pretty good.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #385 on: August 05, 2012, 12:25:03 PM »
Sid.. congrats to your guy! he deserved the win from the first point.. Absolutely amazing tennis from Murray and a very well deserved gold medal!! Hopefully this will do wonders to his confidence and will start to see the rising of Murray at GSs... of course, would still want Fed to win! :))

Enjoy this win.. Murray delivered in front of a packed stadium and in his country soil! Nothing can be sweeter than to win a gold medal in his own country and winning against the top guns!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #386 on: August 05, 2012, 12:26:06 PM »
Thanks Alex on your kind words about Murray's Olympic Men's Gold win,i would say is it's harder to win than a Slam,only coz it comes around once in 4 years.So when all the talk about Slams,don,t forget that 4 Slams are played each year,how many chances do tennis players have @ winning Olympic Gold,not so many.After today,no matter what anyone says the monkey is no off Andy Murray's back.

Online FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #387 on: August 05, 2012, 12:26:40 PM »
Glad for D-Pot he got a medal.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #388 on: August 05, 2012, 12:26:54 PM »
Sid.. congrats to your guy! he deserved the win from the first point.. Absolutely amazing tennis from Murray and a very well deserved gold medal!! Hopefully this will do wonders to his confidence and will start to see the rising of Murray at GSs... of course, would still want Fed to win! :))

Enjoy this win.. Murray delivered in front of a packed stadium and in his country soil! Nothing can be sweeter than to win a gold medal in his own country and winning against the top guns!

Thank you Mav.

Online FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #389 on: August 05, 2012, 12:27:22 PM »
Thanks Alex on your kind words about Murray's Olympic Men's Gold win,i would say is it's harder to win than a Slam,only coz it comes around once in 4 years.So when all the talk about Slams,don,t forget that 4 Slams are played each year,how many chances do tennis players have @ winning Olympic Gold,not so many.After today,no matter what anyone says the monkey is no off Andy Murray's back.

It's only hard to win slams because Federer & Nadal are so dominant, otherwise it would be easy peasy.  :innocent:
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #390 on: August 05, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »
Congrats to Swish(del Pot) & Roger on getting Medals @ the Olympics.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #391 on: August 05, 2012, 12:33:27 PM »

It's only hard to win slams because Federer & Nadal are so dominant, otherwise it would be easy peasy.  :innocent:

It would be nice to be kind ah FFF,Murray did beat both Nole & Roger on the way,i reckon only the top 4 can beat the top 4(if you know what i mean).We are so lucky to have such a strong 4 in tennis ATM.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:35:03 PM by sid »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #392 on: August 05, 2012, 01:50:23 PM »
Congrats to Swish(del Pot) & Roger on getting Medals @ the Olympics.

Thanks sid, I hope this propels Murray on to greater things. Nothing better than to win this one at home.

Fed and DelPo have some medals too so that's enough for them.  :rofl_2:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #393 on: August 05, 2012, 02:24:05 PM »
congrats sid and other murray fans here.

and congrats to fed and d-pot fans for snatching medals as well.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #394 on: August 05, 2012, 02:27:17 PM »
not sure why, but even as a Nole fan I feel so happy for Pony. It might sound silly, but somehow I feel DP needed this medal more than Djokovic. plus Swish needed this boost too  :)).

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #395 on: August 05, 2012, 02:27:57 PM »
SUNDAY, 5 AUGUST, 2012

Singles - Gold Medal Match

[3] Andy Murray (GBR) d [1] Roger Federer (SUI) 61 62 64

Doubles - Gold Medal Match

Serena Williams / Venus Williams (USA) d. (4) Andrea Hlavackova / Lucie Hradecka (CZE) 64 64

Mixed Doubles - Gold Medal Match

[1] Max Mirnyi / Victoria Azarenka (BLR) d Andy Murray / Laura Robson (GBR) 26 63 10-8

Singles - Bronze Medal Match

[8] Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) d [2] Novak Djokovic (SRB) 75 64

Doubles - Bronze Medal Match
(3) Maria Kirilenko / Nadia Petrova (RUS) d. (1) LIiezel Huber / Lisa Raymond (USA) 46 64 61

Mixed Doubles - Bronze Medal Match

[3] Mike Bryan / Lisa Raymond (USA) d. Christopher Kas / Sabine Lisicki (GER) 63 46 10-4
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 02:54:35 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #396 on: August 05, 2012, 02:31:09 PM »
Andy Murray played with a champion today.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #397 on: August 05, 2012, 02:37:10 PM »
I completely lost you here  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #398 on: August 05, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »
I completely lost you here  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Maybe he meant with a champion's heart? today.  Who knows... :rofl_2:  Anyway - good to see Sid back.  Hopefully he will stay now that Andy's won. :rofl_2:

I think this was a fantastic Olympics (even though Roger didn't win gold for me)... but still...it was exciting matches.  The crowds were into it...and I feel ok with Roger's silver. Seems like Murray just wanted it more today.  Roger's "Olympic" moment came when he won against Del Po...he finally said "I have a medal"...so I think he was semi-satisfied that he got a medal. 

This is what Roger said after the match: "I was very happy for him, "Federer said.  "It's a long time coming for him, and he did great." He also said "Don't feel too bad for me", Federer said. "I felt like I won my silver, I didn't lose it.  So I feel really happy."

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #399 on: August 05, 2012, 06:44:53 PM »
Here's the entire quote:

ďI think this is as good as I could do during these championships,Ē reflected the Swiss. ďAndy was much better than I was today in many aspects of the game. For me, itís been a great month. I won Wimbledon, became World No. 1 again, and I got silver. Donít feel too bad for me. I am very, very proud honestly to have won a silver.

ďI had a very emotional tournament from start to finish. I could have lost in the first round against (Alejandro) Falla. Same thing obviously with (Juan Martin) del Potro. I felt like I won my silver, I didnít lose it. So I feel very, very happy.Ē

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/07/31/London-Olympics-Final-Federer-I-Won-Silver.aspx