Author Topic: XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)  (Read 29197 times)

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Re: XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2012, 01:26:10 PM »
DALLAS -  whilst I acknowledge that Federer seems to be feted by the Press at the moment,

He's been feted by the press for half a decade now.  :rofl_2:
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2012, 08:08:03 PM »
Prediction: (Winner)

MS: Roger in his element. Grass court. he will win the gold to complete all his achievement. (Novak had the best chance beside ROger to win gold here)

WS: Can anyone stop Serena ? Maybe only herself.

MD : Though many of expert predict the Bryan twins win the gold, I do not think so. There are so many top singles players playing doubles and they had as good chance to win the gold as the usual doubles players. Its really depend on who play the best will win the gold here. I will not surprise if Ferrer/Lopez (assuming it Feliciano Lopez) or Isner/Roddick can win gold here.

Fed/ wawrinka did it 4 years ago by beating the best doubles players from QF to final.  So you never know.

WD: 99% Williams sisters will win this.

XD : This is also hard to predict. Need to see the draw first. But so far Bryan/Raymond had the best chance to win the gold. But again any very strong singles players can win this gold.

MS, Federer is the clear favourite but it seems Nole was suprised with level of play by Fed in their recent semi. Nole didn't expect it, this time he will be well aware, so no surprise factor. Murray has chances with the best of 3 sets formats to know out Nole in the semi, but in 5 sets against Federer, sadly, no contest.
the draw is so tought for Murray, Warwrinka, Gasquet and Berdych and especially Djokovic: Roddick, Cilic, Tsonga.

WS, Serena or an inform Sharapova, that should be imo the final, I think Sharapova had not recovery from RG at Wimby, and this time she will be fine. Azarenka could be a big opponent to Serena, Sharapova has a difficult draw, Lisicki, Clijsters or Stosur and Radwanska.

MD, this is the one impossible to predict, the Bryan twins were very upset that their semi at Wimby was played on non hawkeye Court 12 and some line calls, then now they are in same quarter as the defending champions Federer/Wawrinka. The other finalists should
come from the last quarter, either Berdych/Stepanek, Roddick/Isner or probably Llodra/Tsonga.

WD, it is a sad but my 3 medal teams are in the same half of the draw, the Williams Sisters, Errani/Vinci, Petrova/Kirilenko but perhaps the easiest match for the Sisters is the final, very difficult draw starting with Kerber/Lisicki

MS, Federer over Dojkovic, 
WS, Serena over Sharapova
MD,  Bryan Twins, WD, Williams Sisters.

but here hoping for some surprirses! Djokovic, (perhaps Tsonga or Murray), Sharapova, Llodra/Tsonga, Berdych/Stepanek, Kirilenko/Petrova.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2012, 12:42:37 AM »
CONCHITA, Many thanks for the draw - it is beautifully presented!   And I enjoyed reading your comments.
In relation to the Olympic Games, I am looking forward to the competition too, and hope lots of records will be made / broken and various sports taken to new heights.
And how wonderful that you have met & chatted to Falla & Corretja.  Thanks for sharing their comments.

I hope we'll have some outstanding tennis here, with well contested matches & interesting surprises too.

The opening day is full of some potentially well contested matches.  The following caught my eye upon first inspection of the schedule:

Nalbandian / Tipsarevic.    I love DN's game, and hope he'll play well. 
Kubot / Dimitrov.    Two players I enjoy watching, so I hope they'll have a good match.
Benneteau / Youzhny.  Another potentially interesting match, with both men able to provide some excellent tennis.
Troiki / Almagro - Inconsistency aside, both men enjoy a challenge & can play well to meet it.
Istomin / Verdasco - I like Istomin's game, and hope he plays well. Verdasco seems to have faded somewhat but it would be nice to see him play well.

There are no foregone conclusions, but I expect Berdych, Federer &  Del Potro to get through their matches.

GOODBLESSYOU
have a lot of fun at SW19, I know you will!  :)

you know when I read ATP 750 it makes me laugh, I think we both agree that should be like the MS 100, no first round bye to the top seeded players - interesting matches from day 1- just 16 seeeded players and what is more best of 5 sets final.

It is sad the former graveyard of champions - ols court 2- now Court 3 is only for warmups and not a tv show court, I think this is a mistake, instead we have Show Court 14 but they also did a mistake at the AELTC demolishing old court1.

the bottom line is that is the 5 biggest event of the tennis season, and there will be plenty to watch and enjoy. 
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2012, 04:58:51 AM »
While doing my pics for the brackett challenge I couldn't get over how wacky the MS draw is.  Should make for plenty of great early round matches! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2012, 07:28:32 AM »
So...anyone looking at the Berdych match? He's 1 game from going out in the first round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2012, 07:40:25 AM »
Soooo...who said Berdych would do well here? He's out in the first round!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2012, 07:43:21 AM »

Nalby's out too.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2012, 07:51:49 AM »
 :\ :\ :\ :\ Tomas
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2012, 08:30:29 AM »
CONCHITA  Thanks for your good wishes - I intend to enjoy it as much as I can. Attending tennis events is always a privilege, and for me, having the Olympics Tennis at Wimbledon is particularly special.

As for the points, I agree.  But I do not view the OG as the 5th GS. After the GS's, the WTF ia the next important. The OG are however a unique part of the overall events schedule and attract a field including some of the best players in the world.  More ranking points would be appropriate.

The show courts all play well, Conchita. The changes effected by AELTC are, overall, successful in my view.  The main complaint I have is about how difficult it is to get tickets for ordinary people. I often have to buy debenture tickets for Wimbledon, and not everyone can afford it.   And the slowing down of the courts making it a pseudo clay event.  Many players have complained about this, but, it seems to no avail.

Still, it is what it is & I am looking forward to it.         

I suspect my comment may be "off topic" and apologise if so.   I'd add therefore, and to talk about the matches thus far:

BERDYCH out to Darcis,  4-6,4-6.  I saw most of the last set, and it was a pity Berdych couldn't do enough to take it to a third set. 
NALBANDIAN out to Tipsarevic  3-6, 4-6.  DN can play exquisite tennis but this was not such an occassion. I watched bits of it, and JT had the momentum.   
HARRISON out to Giraldo, 6-7,3-6.  I didn't watch any of this match, but wonder when Harrison will make his mark.

In the Womens, I have my eye on Pazcek, who won Eastbourne here & took out Wozniacki at Wimbledon ( I was there for thet match - superb play by Pazcek )  and was sorry to see her go out to Cornet,  6-7, 4-6. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:43:37 AM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2012, 08:34:48 AM »
What has happened to Berdych? Since the Madrid final, he has been playing either badminton or ping-pong, instead of tennis.
Or maybe he and his penis were too focused on his foto model wife.

Nalbandian!  :(

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
Any live stream?
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2012, 08:49:40 AM »
What has happened to Berdych? Since the Madrid final, he has been playing either badminton or ping-pong, instead of tennis.

I too feel   :(  about DN, BAZCOVIC.  What talent. 

As for Berdych & his penis, doesn't it work the other way? That it is an aphrodisiac to win a match????  Anyway, the resurging inconsistency is a pity. 
Carpe Diem

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2012, 09:14:36 AM »

By sheer coincidence, I ranked him the lowest of all the entrants in the brackett challenge.  Go figure. :rofl_2: 
When he's hot he's hot and when he's not he's not. :lmao:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2012, 09:16:04 AM »

I too feel   :(  about DN, BAZCOVIC.  What talent. 

As for Berdych & his penis, doesn't it work the other way? That it is an aphrodisiac to win a match????  Anyway, the resurging inconsistency is a pity.
I put Nalby in the same category as Safin =  wasted talent.
I still like his game though!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2012, 09:18:01 AM »
CONCHITA  Thanks for your good wishes - I intend to enjoy it as much as I can. Attending tennis events is always a privilege, and for me, having the Olympics Tennis at Wimbledon is particularly special.

As for the points, I agree.  But I do not view the OG as the 5th GS. After the GS's, the WTF ia the next important. The OG are however a unique part of the overall events schedule and attract a field including some of the best players in the world.  More ranking points would be appropriate.

The show courts all play well, Conchita. The changes effected by AELTC are, overall, successful in my view.  The main complaint I have is about how difficult it is to get tickets for ordinary people. I often have to buy debenture tickets for Wimbledon, and not everyone can afford it.   And the slowing down of the courts making it a pseudo clay event.  Many players have complained about this, but, it seems to no avail.
Still, it is what it is & I am looking forward to it.         

I suspect my comment may be "off topic" and apologise if so.   I'd add therefore, and to talk about the matches thus far:

BERDYCH out to Darcis,  4-6,4-6.  I saw most of the last set, and it was a pity Berdych couldn't do enough to take it to a third set. 
NALBANDIAN out to Tipsarevic  3-6, 4-6.  DN can play exquisite tennis but this was not such an occassion. I watched bits of it, and JT had the momentum.   
HARRISON out to Giraldo, 6-7,3-6.  I didn't watch any of this match, but wonder when Harrison will make his mark.

In the Womens, I have my eye on Pazcek, who won Eastbourne here & took out Wozniacki at Wimbledon ( I was there for thet match - superb play by Pazcek )  and was sorry to see her go out to Cornet,  6-7, 4-6.
Always nice to hear that straight from the horses mouth.
Of course you won't hear the baseline bashing bullies complain about the surface..... :whistle:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2012, 10:10:01 AM »
disappointed with Berdych, although I didn't see the match. 10 different TV stations are broadcasting Olympics and no tennis at all, go figure  :\. I have to watch some cycling ... and not sure what to watch, they are just riding their bikes, nothing is happening, if anybody wants to educate me, go ahead  ..-). OK, I'm still cranky.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2012, 10:30:55 AM »
Roger is in trouble. I hope he can pull it out in the 3rd set! Come on Roger!!!

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »
Federer is nervous it seems. Gifted the second set to Falla -- after being 5-3 up -- with 10 unforced errors.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:32:31 AM by Bazcovic »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2012, 10:34:16 AM »
berdych is low on confidence after losing in the first round at wimbledon.

i missed the match. is he carrying some injury as well?

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2012, 10:35:04 AM »
Falla has won the 2nd set 7-5.  :scared:
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal