Author Topic: XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)  (Read 24695 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)
« Reply #320 on: August 04, 2012, 09:42:43 AM »
I think Greatest Indoor Player of All Time is what 'GIPOAT' means.. Yes, Federer was struggling with the wind all through the match.. His timing was off, which meant we were witnessing the passsive Federer in action - the one waiting for his opponent to commit hara-kiri.. I think Muzza will relish his chances against Roger in the final, regardless of the match being played outdoors or indoors.. It is going to be a partisan crowd in attendance at Centre Court - Roger will need a quick start or the momentum might just carry Murray through to Oympic Gold, which would be a great story nevertheless!!  :)) :))

i am not sure people here got the word "hara-kiri".......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #321 on: August 04, 2012, 10:11:08 AM »
It has been a very exciting tournament so far, with some incredible matches in the men singles. In particular, Raonic-Tsonga and Del Potro-Federer. But Hewitt-Djokovic was also entertaining.

So for me the tournament definitely does not suck. Furthermore, I don't miss Nadal. He is physically hurt and no force to be reckoned with on grass this season. Also, he hasn't won a tournament outside of the clay courts in nearly 2 years.

Williams def. Sharapova 6-0 6-1. Pfff. Is Williams THAT strong, even at 30? Sharapova was a mental wreck, her second serve was pathetic.... screaming so hard when you are playing so bad is pathetic too.  :(
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:11:55 AM by Bazcovic »

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #322 on: August 04, 2012, 10:34:03 AM »
When is the mens final?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline TigerTim

• Tennis Player
« Reply #323 on: August 04, 2012, 10:35:09 AM »
Serena  :)>>>>

Murray  :)>>>>

2 GOLD for both  :))

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)
« Reply #324 on: August 04, 2012, 10:45:15 AM »

what is UGIPOAT? ugly greedy irky pansy of all time?   :hysterical:
Shank's response is illuminating on several levels.  Good show!

I'll give it a go - Undisputed Greatest Injured Player of All Time?  Oh, that's someone else...
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #325 on: August 04, 2012, 10:45:33 AM »

what is UGIPOAT? ugly greedy irky pansy of all time?   :hysterical:
Shank's response is illuminating on several levels.  Good show!

I'll give it a go - Undisputed Greatest Injured Player of All Time?  Oh, that's someone else...
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #326 on: August 04, 2012, 10:49:10 AM »
Congrats to Serena. I didn't see the match, but I'm shocked that she won 6:0 6:1. I just don't get it. we are talking about a former Wimbledon champion and he won only 1 game  :confused1:. I hate to say this, but the WTA is really turning to be a big joke.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #327 on: August 04, 2012, 10:53:19 AM »
this tournament has sucked from start to finish........i am not sure murray is ready for another big battle just after losing a big one recently because of unfair organizers........

tennis without nadal is as good as olympics without china.......
We had one epic semi - longest in Bo3, and another very high quality match that Murray edged out. Tennis isn't just about whether your favourites win or not.
That all depends on what type of 'fan' you are..... ;-()

It's a tough combo when your guy is hurt and the guy you despise is excelling.  Much of the 90s was like that for me because I didn't appreciate Sampras at the time.  Of course, I didn't fill message boards with vitriol, but that's a personal choice.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #328 on: August 04, 2012, 10:56:56 AM »
Unfortunately, I cannot watch any match involving Sharapova. Although she is very attractive and she is a great player, her screaming affects my health and mental stability.
We use the 'mute' button here to retain our sanity.  Other than that, I think Masha is a real peach.

Still, I be pulling for Serena. :))

Serena did her part to reduce the shrieking today :)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #329 on: August 04, 2012, 11:38:00 AM »
Saturday, August 4, 2012

Singles - Gold Medal Match

(4) Serena Williams (USA) d. (3) Maria Sharapova (RUS) 60 61

Doubles - Gold Medal Match

(1) Bob Bryan / Mike Bryan (USA) d. (2) Michael Llodra / Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) 64 76(2)

Singles - Bronze Medal Match

(1) Victoria Azarenka (BLR) d. (14) Maria Kirilenko (RUS) 63 64

Doubles - Bronze Medal Match

Julien Benneteau / Richard Gasquet (FRA) d. David Ferrer / Feliciano Lopez (ESP) 76(4) 62

Doubles - Semifinals

Serena Williams / Venus Williams (USA) d. (3) Nadia Petrova / Maria Kirilenko (RUS) 75 64

Mixed Doubles - Semifinals

(1) Max Mirnyi / Victoria Azarenka (BLR) d. (3) Mike Bryan / Lisa Raymond (USA) 36 64 10-7
Andy Murray / Laura Robson (GBR) d. Christopher Kas / Sabine Lisicki (GER) 61 67(7) 10-7

Mixed Doubles - Quarterfinals

(1) Max Mirnyi / Victoria Azarenka (BLR) d. Leander Paes / Sania Mirza (IND) 75 76(5)
Andy Murray / Laura Robson (GBR) d Lleyton Hewitt / Sam Stosur (AUS) 63 36 10-8
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 02:32:38 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #330 on: August 04, 2012, 11:40:11 AM »
Serena gave a severe beating to queen shriek.  :-o

What happened to the WTA?
Some of the players are very good but then just disappear for long periods.

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #331 on: August 04, 2012, 11:45:08 AM »
Basically Serena is in her zone this Olympic. Better and better. Only give 3 games to Azarenka and poor Maria only got one game.

Congrats to Serena and her fans.

Also congrats to Andy and Laura R for reaching the mixed final. What an Olympic for Murray. Now at least he will win 2 silver or probably 2 gold.

Meanwhile Azarenka had to play 3 times today. First for winning the bronze. Second playing the mixed and win in QF. Now she had to play again with Max to play the SF.

Her chance to reach the final and contest for gold medal.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #332 on: August 04, 2012, 12:36:29 PM »

serena was angry.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #333 on: August 04, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »
this tournament has sucked from start to finish........i am not sure murray is ready for another big battle just after losing a big one recently because of unfair organizers........

tennis without nadal is as good as olympics without china.......
We had one epic semi - longest in Bo3, and another very high quality match that Murray edged out. Tennis isn't just about whether your favourites win or not.
That all depends on what type of 'fan' you are..... ;-()

It's a tough combo when your guy is hurt and the guy you despise is excelling.  Much of the 90s was like that for me because I didn't appreciate Sampras at the time.  Of course, I didn't fill message boards with vitriol, but that's a personal choice.

because there were no tennis message boards in the 90s.......

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #334 on: August 04, 2012, 01:07:27 PM »
Day 9 - Sunday, August 5 2012 - Order Of Play

Centre Court Start: 12:00

Women's Doubles - Gold Medal Match - (4) Andrea Hlavackova/ Lucie Hradecka (CZE) vs Serena Williams / Venus Williams (USA)

Men's Singles - Gold Medal Match Not before 14:00 - (1) Roger FEDERER (SUI) vs (3) Andy Murray (GBR)

Mixed Doubles - Gold Medal Match - (1) Max Mirnyi / Victoria Azarenka (BLR) vs Andy Murray / Laura Robson (GBR)

Court 1 - Start: 12:00

Men's Singles - Bronze Medal Match - (8) Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) vs (2) Novak Djokovic (SRB) 

Women's Doubles - Bronze Medal Match - (1) Liezel Huber / Lisa Raymond (USA) vs (3) Nadia Petrova / Maria Kirilenko (RUS)
Mixed Doubles - Bronze Medal Match - (3) Mike Bryan / Lisa Raymond (USA) vs Christopher Kas / Sabine Lisicki (GER)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 02:32:48 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #335 on: August 04, 2012, 01:18:20 PM »

serena was angry.......

Serena Williams definitely looked in top form.. MaSha had no answer to the blistering start by Serena.. The combination of the American's dominant serve and Sharapova's perennial struggle with hers meant that this match was going to be a tough one for the Russian.. Serena repeated the beatdown she meted out to MaSha at the Aussie Open in 2007.. Breathtaking stuff.. Power tennis at its very best.. No shame in coming second to the force of nature that is Serena Williams..

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
« Reply #336 on: August 04, 2012, 05:28:04 PM »

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #337 on: August 04, 2012, 05:52:13 PM »
I hope Serena will not retire because people will mistake those girls as tennis players. Tennis is the only sport where the female part is a liability and is just there to maintain the female=male standards.
If I had the power, I'd ask Serena every year for her schedule and give her the prize money for each. Rest of the bunch should find other job. Sharapova will do well in the adult industry given her propensity to scream.
It was pathetic to see the two highest ranked players standing by Serena faking smiles knowing that both of them combined had won only 4 games in 4 sets.
The world awaits no genius

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #338 on: August 04, 2012, 06:25:13 PM »
I hope Serena will not retire because people will mistake those girls as tennis players. Tennis is the only sport where the female part is a liability and is just there to maintain the female=male standards.
If I had the power, I'd ask Serena every year for her schedule and give her the prize money for each. Rest of the bunch should find other job. Sharapova will do well in the adult industry given her propensity to scream.
It was pathetic to see the two highest ranked players standing by Serena faking smiles knowing that both of them combined had won only 4 games in 4 sets.
Holy Moly, that's pretty subtle..... :whistle: :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #339 on: August 04, 2012, 07:33:49 PM »
I think Greatest Indoor Player of All Time is what 'GIPOAT' means..

WHOA! Someone remembered. Well, I coined it, so you'll only set it tossed around at T4U. And it's UGIPOAT  ;-()
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif