Author Topic: XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)  (Read 26734 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)
« Reply #400 on: August 05, 2012, 06:57:16 PM »
I thought the Andy (not Roddick) fans did a great great job today, congratulations.  You've worked so hard for this, I think you really deserve to be recognized for what you've achieved.  Hopefully you will all continue to put in the hard yards and reach for the stars.  Obviously the Feddy fans just didn't put in enough effort to receive the gold.  Hopefully they will work a bit harder in the next few months so that their achievements can be recognized.  Good job to all.  Honorable mention to the DPot fans, they seem to be on the right track with their goals and work ethic.  Undoubtedly they will be rewarded for all their supreme personal sacrifices in pursuit of excellence.  I am so proud of you all and what you've accomplished to date, please don't stop now but push on to the outer limits.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #401 on: August 05, 2012, 07:38:54 PM »
I am happy to Murray, but Djokovic was very poor in the lasts tournaments.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #402 on: August 05, 2012, 07:54:31 PM »
I am happy to Murray, but Djokovic was very poor in the lasts tournaments.

If we are all honest the top 4 guys can all beat one another.Djokovic/Fed /Nadal & Murray make winning very hard for each other.I know this i would rather see them fighting it out than not see them fighting it out,this makes tennis great watching.Delpots game looks like it's also getting stronger again,he just might be a very big danger @ the USO.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #403 on: August 05, 2012, 08:31:18 PM »
The right player...

The right crowd...

And the right winner...

And finally, the right order...

And now, you have seen it all. Be proud.  :)~
You are everything I am not.

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #404 on: August 05, 2012, 09:18:41 PM »
First of all, Murray played a great game today with precise aggression. However Federer was below par and possibly played his worst of the tournament. I was so annoyed about the way he was playing the break points. That said, Murray might have still won given how well he played.
I was ready to start berating Federer but after he was given the silver medal, he kissed it like a small boy who's just received a wonderful gift. He kissed it again. You could see how much passion he has and how much it meant for him. He looked very humble.
Congratulations to Murray. He has endured a lot of suffering and for once he is not on the crying end. I would have been happier if it had not been at Federer's expense. I was wishing he could win again in the mixed doubles but a silver is also great.

Maybe this is the last act of Federer. I don't believe he'll be in another Olympics again. We may as well start counting the days before he announces retirement which is such a shame given his maintained top level form. I remember after he was beaten by Blake he said he'll talk about his retirement after the 2012 olympics.

Nobody should hate Federer anymore. He'll be leaving soon. At least, let the haters open their eyes for once and see and appreciate his beautiful game.
The world awaits no genius

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #405 on: August 05, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »
First of all, Murray played a great game today with precise aggression. However Federer was below par and possibly played his worst of the tournament. I was so annoyed about the way he was playing the break points. That said, Murray might have still won given how well he played.
I was ready to start berating Federer but after he was given the silver medal, he kissed it like a small boy who's just received a wonderful gift. He kissed it again. You could see how much passion he has and how much it meant for him. He looked very humble.
Congratulations to Murray. He has endured a lot of suffering and for once he is not on the crying end. I would have been happier if it had not been at Federer's expense. I was wishing he could win again in the mixed doubles but a silver is also great.

Maybe this is the last act of Federer. I don't believe he'll be in another Olympics again. We may as well start counting the days before he announces retirement which is such a shame given his maintained top level form. I remember after he was beaten by Blake he said he'll talk about his retirement after the 2012 olympics.

Nobody should hate Federer anymore. He'll be leaving soon. At least, let the haters open their eyes for once and see and appreciate his beautiful game.

Fed did some amazing things this year, it didn't happen by accident.

The kind of work and commitment he had to put in at his age to do what he did this year may have been the best testament to his warrior qualities.
Even moreso because things looked as bleak as they ever have during his career.

People don't seem to appreciate what it took to get where he is under the circumstances.

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #406 on: August 06, 2012, 04:00:22 AM »
Medwatt, given the circumstances, I don''t think Federer was "below par".

Even more so, given what he said himself (which Dallas posted earlier):

ďI think this is as good as I could do during these championships,Ē reflected the Swiss. ďAndy was much better than I was today in many aspects of the game. For me, itís been a great month. I won Wimbledon, became World No. 1 again, and I got silver. Donít feel too bad for me. I am very, very proud honestly to have won a silver.

ďI had a very emotional tournament from start to finish. I could have lost in the first round against (Alejandro) Falla. Same thing obviously with (Juan Martin) del Potro. I felt like I won my silver, I didnít lose it. So I feel very, very happy.Ē

I think this is as realistic as it can get.

-

Alternatively: Federer is the only tennis player to have won a career Silver Slam  :rofl_2:.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #407 on: August 06, 2012, 04:36:14 AM »
I don''t think Federer was "below par either,Murray just got hot & played great tennis.Federer with this year won't be calling it day,he has won to much for that,i'm sure Dallas would agree Medwatt.
Baz that's funny.
(Alternatively: Federer is the only tennis player to have won a career Silver Slam :rofl_2:  )

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #408 on: August 06, 2012, 04:39:21 AM »
The right player...

The right crowd...

And the right winner...

And now, you have seen it all. Be proud.  :)~

Hi Emma,have a big hug from me,now don't be upset Alex :whistle:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #409 on: August 06, 2012, 10:33:37 AM »
I thought the Andy (not Roddick) fans did a great great job today, congratulations.  You've worked so hard for this, I think you really deserve to be recognized for what you've achieved.  Hopefully you will all continue to put in the hard yards and reach for the stars.  Obviously the Feddy fans just didn't put in enough effort to receive the gold.  Hopefully they will work a bit harder in the next few months so that their achievements can be recognized.  Good job to all.  Honorable mention to the DPot fans, they seem to be on the right track with their goals and work ethic.  Undoubtedly they will be rewarded for all their supreme personal sacrifices in pursuit of excellence.  I am so proud of you all and what you've accomplished to date, please don't stop now but push on to the outer limits.

LOL, love your posts. Obviously the players are nothing without all the hard work of their fans :)~

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #410 on: August 06, 2012, 10:38:20 AM »
I'm so happy for Murray, finally breaking through on a big stage. Congrats to him and hope this inspires him to step up to bigger and better things. Another big congratulations to Del Potro who defeated Djokovic for the first time (non retirement) and that too on grass at a big stage - especially after that tough loss in the semis to Roger. Quite an accomplishment.

And of course, well done to Roger. He could have put in a better performance but the show was all Murray. Congrats on the silver. All said and done am Olympic Silver and Gold (doubles 2008) is might fine an Olympic record for a tennis player :)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #411 on: August 06, 2012, 12:21:21 PM »
great pics emma. thanks for posting them.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)
« Reply #412 on: August 06, 2012, 07:08:41 PM »

Yes it was, this time as well as all the others :)
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)
« Reply #413 on: August 06, 2012, 08:34:25 PM »

Gold medal winner in post of the year competition!
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #414 on: August 08, 2012, 04:21:40 AM »
Hi Alex your quite,are you in shock :zipped:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #415 on: August 08, 2012, 05:23:56 AM »

Gold medal winner in post of the year competition!
There are still several months of stiff competition ahead before the treasured T4U POTTY (Post Of The Total Year) Bowl is hoisted.  I shall continue my grueling training regimen of alternating hydration intake between Mississippi Mud (my coffee) and Sierra Neveda Pale Ale.  This, in combination with a new 22" LCD monitor and ergonimic keyboard/mouse should give me an edge against the competition.  I've also proffered a trial basis coaching contract to Babblelot in hopes that he will help me harness the chaos between my ears and channel it through the keyboard directly to T4U.  I expect this will yield even greater results than Llendl's association with Andy (not Roddick).

In the end, it will be my fans who deserve all the credit for whatever I achieve and I will congratulate them personally.

MT
CONK da ball!!!

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #416 on: August 08, 2012, 05:30:54 AM »
Now we know the secret weapons in the Monster's arsenal ;-() The competition will be hot on its heels, trying to catch up with you  :)) :))

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #417 on: August 08, 2012, 05:46:41 AM »

In the end, it will be my fans who deserve all the credit for whatever I achieve and I will congratulate them personally.

MT
This alone proves that you are the GOAT.   
Carpe Diem

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #418 on: August 11, 2012, 05:02:30 AM »
fantastic result for tennis........well done murray, you saved tennis in the absence of nadal........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #419 on: August 11, 2012, 05:17:54 AM »
i saw the highlights........federer got hit by murray like a random little puppy hit by usain bolt on a 100 meter track........

the last thing tennis needs is another fluke "career" achievement for federer in the absence of nadal.......i think del potro deserves some praise here too........he should really have won that semifinal match.......din't matter in the end as he took a lot out of fed and left him almost dry for the final.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS