Author Topic: XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)  (Read 28849 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)
« Reply #420 on: August 11, 2012, 05:24:00 AM »

Nobody should hate Federer anymore. He'll be leaving soon. At least, let the haters open their eyes for once and see and appreciate his beautiful game.

really? the hate really roots from all the excessive media and fan gloating in the absence of nadal.........mr. self-pompous himself never acknowledges nadal's greatness, never has an honest word of praise for his rivals who man up and beat him and it's funny that his fans call for peace when he lost his last chance of olympic gold........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #421 on: August 11, 2012, 10:06:08 AM »

Nobody should hate Federer anymore. He'll be leaving soon. At least, let the haters open their eyes for once and see and appreciate his beautiful game.

really? the hate really roots from all the excessive media and fan gloating in the absence of nadal.........mr. self-pompous himself never acknowledges nadal's greatness, never has an honest word of praise for his rivals who man up and beat him and it's funny that his fans call for peace when he lost his last chance of olympic gold........

What are you talking about? How many times has he acknowledged Rafa's greatness? Did you even read the press conference after the Olympics final? He praised Andy a lot.

Seriously, hatahs like you give tennis a bad name.
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #422 on: August 11, 2012, 10:15:11 AM »
i have no interest in reading his backhanded compliments........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)
« Reply #423 on: August 11, 2012, 05:41:13 PM »

That's funny.  Excessive media - not the fault of Fed or his fans.  Fan gloating - where?  In fact, the only thing visible at T4U is a disgruntled Rafa fan who can't help but let the hate come out on occasion - "Mr Self-Pompous" is pretty tame by his standards, after all.  And the only person who can't put out an honest word of praise is that same person, who will come up with any excuse under the sun (and a few *not* under the sun - like a center court roof lmao) to avoid praising Fed's achievements.  Then we get the followup "I have no interest in reading Fed's compliments, because they're not sincere".  lol, it's too much to take. 
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline phoneix

• Tennis Player
« Reply #424 on: August 12, 2012, 06:54:40 AM »
This is what he said:

Q. Could this type of victory be a springboard for Andy to win slams now and be a big threat at the US Open coming up?

ROGER FEDERER: I don't think he needed this, to be quite honest, 'cause he is a good player. Don't forget that. He's an amazing player already. I thought he played a very, very good Wimbledon championship.
So for me what I was happy to see is that he didn't have a letdown, you know, after the Wimbledon finals. It's easy to come back, best -f-three, you know, go out third round maybe. You just feel more horrible.
But he didn't do that. He came, he won gold. I think this is how champions react.

I'm not sure why this shouldn't count as praise.

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #425 on: August 12, 2012, 07:53:17 AM »
Can't make everybody happy  :Confused:.. Thanks, Phoenix for highlighting Roger's warm comments on Andy's recent performances..

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #426 on: August 12, 2012, 08:44:44 AM »
Here's the full transcript of Federer's post match press conference, for those who are interested:

http://2012.itftennis.com/media/126057/126057.pdf
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)
« Reply #427 on: August 12, 2012, 09:09:17 AM »
This is what he said:

Q. Could this type of victory be a springboard for Andy to win slams now and be a big threat at the US Open coming up?

ROGER FEDERER: I don't think he needed this, to be quite honest, 'cause he is a good player. Don't forget that. He's an amazing player already. I thought he played a very, very good Wimbledon championship.
So for me what I was happy to see is that he didn't have a letdown, you know, after the Wimbledon finals. It's easy to come back, best -f-three, you know, go out third round maybe. You just feel more horrible.
But he didn't do that. He came, he won gold. I think this is how champions react.

Thanks much for posting this!  If Fed wasn't being sincere, he sure did go to alot of trouble to sound sincere:)
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #428 on: August 12, 2012, 01:46:46 PM »
This is what he said:

yeah we know you wanted it but he din't give it to you like your pigeon soderling........ 

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #429 on: August 12, 2012, 02:07:56 PM »
This is what he said:

yeah we know you wanted it but he din't give it to you like your pigeon soderling........

Obviously, you didn't understand his statement. What he meant was even without the Olympics win, Andy was a great player and a threat at the Slams.

Offline phoneix

• Tennis Player
« Reply #430 on: August 12, 2012, 03:02:28 PM »
Exactly. Murray didn't need this to be considered a threat.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
Re: Re: XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)
« Reply #431 on: August 13, 2012, 05:34:57 AM »
This is what he said:

What has happened to you Shank?? You used to be a very spirited, aggressive and full of energy kinda guy in your posts.. Most of them controversial but all in all, worth discussing.

Now you have tuned into a bitter, sore loser and just plain annoying type of guy!! What happened??

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Re: XXX OLYMPIC TENNIS, 2012, July 28-August 5 (Men and Women)
« Reply #432 on: August 13, 2012, 06:43:31 AM »
This is what he said:

What has happened to you Shank?? You used to be a very spirited, aggressive and full of energy kinda guy in your posts.. Most of them controversial but all in all, worth discussing.

Now you have tuned into a bitter, sore loser and just plain annoying type of guy!! What happened??

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2
Do you really have to ask?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #433 on: August 13, 2012, 12:39:56 PM »
 :rofl_2:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #434 on: August 14, 2012, 03:57:12 PM »
Exactly. Murray didn't need this to be considered a threat.

He is a threat & Olympic men's Gold winner :))

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #435 on: September 14, 2012, 03:41:38 AM »
Andy Murray the Olympic men's Tennis Gold winner has added the USO & his first Slam :)