Instructional Tennis > Tennis Rules & Regulations

1st or 2nd serve?

(1/2) > >>

monstertruck:
I serve, hit the tape, ball lands out but stays in opponents playing area.
I ask to have the ball cleared and he refuses.
At this point some time has elapsed.
Can I demand the ball be cleared?
Do I get another 1st serve?

Tennis4you:
I say just go to the other side of the net, pick it up yourself and get defaulted for crossing the net.  Go home and relax and be done playing the rude fool!  :)

monstertruck:
Heheheh! :rofl_2:

Jamesdster:

--- Quote from: monstertruck on July 26, 2012, 06:38:11 AM ---I serve, hit the tape, ball lands out but stays in opponents playing area.
I ask to have the ball cleared and he refuses.
At this point some time has elapsed.
Can I demand the ball be cleared?
Do I get another 1st serve?

--- End quote ---

Any request to remove a ball from the playing area must be honored.  If I was a roving or chair umpire I would award you a first serve if your opponent refused and thus created a delay.  I would probably also give him/her a "soft caution" (warnings are no longer given haha) pertaining to gamesmanship.  But a bigger question for you:  WHY would you want the ball removed?  If you hit the ball that remains on his / her ct, you would almost certainly win the point.

Jamesdster:

--- Quote from: Tennis4you on July 26, 2012, 06:43:05 AM ---I say just go to the other side of the net, pick it up yourself and get defaulted for crossing the net.  Go home and relax and be done playing the rude fool!  :)

--- End quote ---

We need a WHOLE NEW RULEBOOK JUST FOR YOU!!   :rofl_2:  The Scott Baker Friend at Court.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version