Author Topic: XXX OLYMPIC (TALK GENERAL OLYMPICS & OTHER OLYMPIC SPORTS NEWS HERE), 2012  (Read 15735 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
I missed the lighting of the torch. Hung in for 3 1/2 hours, just long enough to see the Americans march in.

Those first 3 1/2 hours were an abomination. Just brutal!    :bang-head:

What was that music/dance tribute that followed the industrial revolution all about???

And Mr. Bean?! Wow! Just wow!

!
Wow, different strokes.
I thought it was retarded.
Kept checking back to see if it got better.
It actually got worse.
I like Mr. Bean, but in an Olympic Ceremony, seriously?
I guess the whole thing was a big joke. :dunno:
Fortunately, Call of The Wildman was on during this time slot.
Man Fights Raccoon Inside Car | Call of the Wildman

"Live Action Baby" better than 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
Oh my god, the cycling road race was bizarre. Vino won, but something about it is not right.
The guy (Colombian) simply gifted the win to him it seems.

I guess Vino told him: if you let me win, I'll write you a cheque of $$$.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
That was weird Bazman.
Caught the last 10 minutes of the race and thought it was going to be a real dogfight between the 2.  Instead, it looked like a walkoff. :Confused:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
Thank God that bizarre opening ceremony is behind us. The only saving grace was the superb sculpture / mechanism that was the fire cauldron. Beautiful & good engineering.

China takes the first Gold & bronze if the Olympics in shooting with silver to Poland.  I'll bet a tenner that China picks up the most medals this Olympics.
Carpe Diem

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Thank God that bizarre opening ceremony is behind us. The only saving grace was the superb sculpture / mechanism that was the fire cauldron. Beautiful & good engineering.

China takes the first Gold & bronze if the Olympics in shooting with silver to Poland.  I'll bet a tenner that China picks up the most medals this Olympics.
:// Brutha!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
opening ceremony started at 1 AM indian standard time and i din't bother wasting sleep for it........i haven't seen the rerun either and it looks like the ceremony was not as good as beijing 2008 going by your comments........

i just checked the first 20 minutes in youtube today morning and the stadium was in smoke and filled with rubbish all over........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
opening ceremony started at 1 AM indian standard time and i din't bother wasting sleep for it........i haven't seen the rerun either and it looks like the ceremony was not as good as beijing 2008 going by your comments........

i just checked the first 20 minutes in youtube today morning and the stadium was in smoke and filled with rubbish all over........
you didn't miss anything. It was pretty mediocre and boring. It was all about British history ... few funny moments (Mr. Bean), but that was it.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

you didn't miss anything. It was pretty mediocre and boring. It was all about British history ... few funny moments (Mr. Bean), but that was it.

the first 20 mins certainly looked like rubbing their history on the viewers........hopefully the games will be better than the ceremony........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God

:confused1:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God

:confused1:

British history/British culture etc. What's the part you are confused about bud? bloody ignorant Americans  :rofl_2: (OK, j/k of course)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 02:11:06 PM by Alex »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
I didn't see it only as British history, haven't we all experienced industrial revolution?  ..-)
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful

the first 20 mins certainly looked like rubbing their history on the viewers........hopefully the games will be better than the ceremony........

I'm surprised than an Indian is talking about rubbing 'their' history on the viewers !!
The world awaits no genius

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
anybody excited about swimming? So happy Lochte won. Love Lochte  :)). Phelps going down makes me happy too, sorry feel kinda evil, don't like him at all  :Devil: ... reminds me of that arrogant Swiss guy  :)~ (dedicated to Dallas  :innocent:).

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
I didn't see it only as British history, haven't we all experienced industrial revolution?  ..-)
no, we haven't. Brits invented it and brought it to Canada, or shall I say they occupied original Kanata, so now we have Canada with Brits who call themselves Canadians .... or something like that  :)~ :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: ... then everybody else (including Conchita) decided to move over here, so we are one very messy country  :rofl_2: ...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 02:23:29 PM by Alex »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
no, we haven't. Brits invented it and brought it to Canada, or shall I say they occupied original Kanata, so now we have Canada with Brits who call themselves Canadians .... or something like that  :)~ :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: ... then everybody else (including Conchita) decided to move over here, so we are one very messy country  :rofl_2: ...

oh you have no idea, here its even worse  :rofl_2:  but agreed Kanata is one messy country as well....  :rofl_2:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
My point exactly. :)~
Dang ignorant Canadiens  j/k of course General Crankiness! :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
anybody excited about swimming? So happy Lochte won. Love Lochte  :)). Phelps going down makes me happy too, sorry feel kinda evil, don't like him at all  :Devil: ... reminds me of that arrogant Swiss guy  :)~ (dedicated to Dallas  :innocent:).
Affirmative General Crankiness.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
"general crankiness". i like it.

it has a nice sound to it.

ultra affirmative. looks like somebody just became "general crankiness" around here.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Tsonga on CC, Nole on C1, Ferrer on C2, lovely  ..-).
General Crankiness  :)
p.s. I'll try to find something else to complain/whine  later  :)~
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:45:17 PM by Alex »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
"general crankiness". i like it.

it has a nice sound to it.

ultra affirmative. looks like somebody just became "general crankiness" around here.
He chose the nick himself post #43 in the Olympic tennis thread. :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!