Author Topic: XXX OLYMPIC (TALK GENERAL OLYMPICS & OTHER OLYMPIC SPORTS NEWS HERE), 2012  (Read 12590 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Lochte narrowly edges Ye...a 16 y/o Chinese girl! US coach says, "Impossible!" Doping suspected.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Brits not interested. IOC will be giving tickets away to fill seats.

Pathetic!!!

http://www.google.com/search?q=empty+seats+at+olympics&hl=en&client=ms-android-sprint-us&source=android-launcher-search&v=133247963&prmd=imvnsu&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=hWEXUJWbB4WpqQHG6oDwBw&ved=0CE8QsAQ&biw=320&bih=455#p=0

"Embarrassed officials scrambled to explain why hundreds of seats were empty at marquee venues..."

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/07/30/2234640/empty-seats-at-olympics-could.html

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:34:41 AM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
commentators were saying that tennis is the most affected because of the ticketing issue........lots of empty seats in tennis courts........wonder what's going on.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
wow, Brits winning silver in Gymnastics, just wow ... great performance. Congrats to Sid and our other British guys on this board  :))
OMG, this is crazy. Japanese complained and it was accepted. So it's bronze for Brits. wow, what a drama.

i don't think sid really cares about the whole british.......he is 100% scottish like murray.......i think he will be happy only when murray or some other scotsman wins a medal........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
looks like nole had no problems getting rid of roddick.

who are you picking for the gold medal general shanks?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
looks like nole had no problems getting rid of roddick.

who are you picking for the gold medal general shanks?

my pick for the gold is djokovic........tough luck for both murray and fed, i think djokovic is really in the zone and it looks like he is prepared to fight like hell.......his passion for serbia is quite immense and he also has the experience of leading his country to davis cup glory not too long ago........

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
what do you guys think about that Chinese girl Ye who apparently swims faster than Phelps and Lochte? It is really fishy to me.  Everyone thinks she is doping. any thoughts?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
i have no idea about that chinese girl but i think i have just witnessed one of the greatest butterfly races ever in the men........

a south african swimmer who trailed all along behind the top rated american swimmer(phelps) made a determined effort in the last 10 meters and won it by a hundredth of a second, so a second gold for south africa i guess........

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
women swimmers copying rafa style - biting their medals for poses.......

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
i have no idea about that chinese girl but i think i have just witnessed one of the greatest butterfly races ever in the men........

a south african swimmer who trailed all along behind the top rated american swimmer(phelps) made a determined effort in the last 10 meters and won it by a hundredth of a second, so a second gold for south africa i guess........
darn,  missed that race. there are too many events, and I keep switching channels like crazy ...

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

darn,  missed that race. there are too many events, and I keep switching channels like crazy ...

http://www.tntmagazine.com/news/olympics-and-paralympics/london-2012-south-african-swimmer-chad-le-clos-wins-olympic-gold

he cried after he won.......chad le clos is the name........he says he can't believe he beat phelps.......

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
what do you guys think about that Chinese girl Ye who apparently swims faster than Phelps and Lochte? It is really fishy to me.  Everyone thinks she is doping. any thoughts?
Well General Crankiness, everyone knows Phelps is a dope smokes dope.  Does that count as 'doping'? :confused1: :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
commentators were saying that tennis is the most affected because of the ticketing issue........lots of empty seats in tennis courts........wonder what's going on.......

General Shanks, I wonder as well. Today the Women's #1 player and seed, Victoria Azarenka was on court 2, a 4000 seat capacity show court, and I doubt if there were many more than 100 people in the stands  Near the end of the match, under 50 were in the stands, many of those the players families, teammates, etc.
I realize the following match, a doubles match with Federer/Wawrinka against the team from Israel was postponed because it would have been too late, and might have drawn more people to Court 2, but still, the #1 Women's player can't get more than 100 to show up?

This isn't only about corporate seats not being used.  And yet, when going to the ticket site, there are no available tickets for the tennis venues.  Something is very wrong indeed.   It's very sad.  Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
i was out most of the day general MC. i heard about this when i got back.

no idea at all. what is going on there? stands should have been full. are people running off to the other venues? have they seen too much tennis lately with the 2 big slams back to back?

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
what is general "crankiness" cranking about today?
he is not quite himself unless he has had a few drinks. send him to the castle sports bar for some whiskey.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
what is general "crankiness" cranking about today?
he is not quite himself unless he has had a few drinks. send him to the castle sports bar for some whiskey.
not much, General Herc, except, for some reason this board is so slow today... it takes forever to open up new posts/load pages, it could be my internet connection tho  :mad1:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
good to see you around general crankiness.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?

General Shanks, I wonder as well. Today the Women's #1 player and seed, Victoria Azarenka was on court 2, a 4000 seat capacity show court, and I doubt if there were many more than 100 people in the stands  Near the end of the match, under 50 were in the stands, many of those the players families, teammates, etc.
I realize the following match, a doubles match with Federer/Wawrinka against the team from Israel was postponed because it would have been too late, and might have drawn more people to Court 2, but still, the #1 Women's player can't get more than 100 to show up?

This isn't only about corporate seats not being used.  And yet, when going to the ticket site, there are no available tickets for the tennis venues.  Something is very wrong indeed.   It's very sad.  Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

Respectfully,
masterclass

So the tickets are being sold but not used?

It could be that when people see rain they just stay home, I think earlier today it did rain.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: XXX OLYMPIC (TALK GENERAL OLYMPICS & OTHER OLYMPIC SPORTS NEWS HERE), 2012
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2012, 12:33:23 AM »

Respectfully,
masterclass

So the tickets are being sold but not used?

It could be that when people see rain they just stay home, I think earlier today it did rain.

This is England. Rain? Pfft... Those people have gills and scales.
That would be truly lame and sad if that's the case, but I don't think it is.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: XXX OLYMPIC (TALK GENERAL OLYMPICS & OTHER OLYMPIC SPORTS NEWS HERE), 2012
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2012, 11:30:40 AM »

Respectfully,
masterclass

in that case i can only think of one scenario........most of the tickets must have been given away to VIPs and they can't make it to the matches........