Author Topic: XXX OLYMPIC (TALK GENERAL OLYMPICS & OTHER OLYMPIC SPORTS NEWS HERE), 2012  (Read 13737 times)

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
Re: XXX OLYMPIC (TALK GENERAL OLYMPICS & OTHER OLYMPIC SPORTS NEWS HERE), 2012
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2012, 12:15:20 PM »
There have been so many wonderful stories at the Olympics. One of them is team GB winning 3 gold medals  on Saturday :
Mohammed (Mo) Farah for the 10,000 metres race; Jessica Ennis in the heptathlon & Gred Rutherford in the long jump.

Jessica Ennis, Mo Farah and Greg Rutherford top bill at London 2012 Olympics on perfect night in perfect harmony
The night of Saturday, Aug 4, 2012, was a perfect union between performers and crowd.

By Paul Hayward
12:01AM BST 06 Aug 2012

You could argue all week about which was the greatest day in the history of British sport but this was the best coming together of athletes and audience we may ever witness.

As Mo Farah made his way from the preparation zone to the track for the 10,000 metres he began to sense the uniqueness of the atmosphere on an otherwise cool London night. He said: “I knew Jess [Ennis] had won the gold, and I thought, ‘yeah I want to win a gold too’, but as I came out of the holding room I could hear people shouting, ‘Go on Mo.’

"It was like I’d had 10 cups of coffee or something. I just knew I had to do something. I was just so pumped up.” Farah said this several times: “I knew I had to do something.”

Of course his whole life had been directed into winning Olympic gold. He was in no physical need of 80,000 non-combatants shouting and bawling to help him over the line. All he needed to do was impose the form book on the race and assert his established dominance in the event. But he was not flicking out easy compliments to the nation when he said: “If it hadn’t been for the support of the crowd I don’t think I’d have won that race.”

Over the years the brain creates files for the various types of noise that swirls round stadiums. Football’s is always tribal and often nasty. This was a kind of civilising fervour not previously heard in British sport. Those present at Wembley in 1966 for England’s World Cup win may want to object. But it would be staggering if anyone produced a recording to match the decibel count and intoxication of the Olympic Stadium on this middle Saturday.

The Australian who finished second to Britain’s Greg Rutherford in the long jump said: “Jessica Ennis was still celebrating while I was doing my final jump and I decided to pretend I was British to make use of all that energy from the crowd.” Imagine that: an Aussie stealing British passion.

America’s Will Claye joined in: “I’m not from this country but they made me feel like I am.” This same spirit was apparent on the streets of London on Sunday when a young spectator stood by a barrier applauding a Ukrainian marathon runner who had pulled a muscle but was limping on anyway.

Olympic magnanimity has always been special. On Saturday night, it worked in tandem with the home crowd’s mounting sense that all the rhetorical hogwash, all the expense and all the hype had distilled themselves into a beautifully simple pleasure: three British athletes winning gold, in the best possible fashion, in a single hour.

London 2012 had made sense lots of times already: with the first British women’s rowing gold, Bradley Wiggins at Hampton Court and Sir Chris Hoy and Victoria Pendleton in the velodrome. On Sunday it made sense again when Andy Murray won the men’s tennis and Ben Ainslie picked up his fourth gold with a piratical late charge in the Finn.

After a slow start, the athletes have matched the organisational success, adding a vital sporting dimension to all the good stagecraft.

With glory spread out across the venues like a summer sunrise, all they could hope to add was one perfect night, when the kind of qualities Olympic sport claims to represent would show themselves one after another, and British athletes worthy of the deepest admiration would prevail in the most melodramatic way possible.

And this is precisely what London got. In the heptathlon, Ennis shredded the idea that multi-discipline events are operas of pain and effort. She knew from her record-breaking victory in Götzis that her body was ready to deliver on the expectation written across the country’s billboards.

‘Poster girl’ is an easy tag to attach to someone talented and glamorous. But few of us would want to wear it. Ennis said the morning after the greatest night: “I can talk about it openly now it’s done. Obviously I was really aware of the pressure and what people were expecting me to do.

“There was a huge amount of pressure, but it was such a unique position I was in and I wanted to make the most of that. I trained as hard as I could and wanted to make sure I delivered on those two days and thankfully I can sit here and say that I did.”

Ennis started the noise explosion. The organisers turned down the music and Ennis turned up the human voice. She did it by refusing to jog home in the 800m when all she needed was to beat her closest rival Austra Skujyte, who was way behind when she reached the final turn. There was to be no calculated victory. Ennis broke off the pack off leaders and sprinted down the straight as her last act of two stirring days.

A thump of energy was felt in the stands and the roar ascended way above familiar enjoyment. It was a visceral expression of appreciation, of people wanting the things they feel she represents to be enshrined. The Olympic press box these days is a place of relentless deadlines and unfeasible word counts. Yet here, too, there was a vision of madly-typing scribes feeling overwhelmed by the beauty of the moment.

On the far side, Rutherford was leaping to gold in the long jump pit. This grand story had no hope of rising higher than third on the night’s recognition scale. Not that it mattered. It was an important part of a night of incredulity, adorned, finally, by Farah, who embodies the kind of diversity celebrated in the opening ceremony.

To an African reporter who said he should have been winning for Somalia, Farah replied: “Not at all, mate. This is my country. This is where I grew up.” The lucky 80,000 saw him control his nerves, run his own race, measure the pace beautifully and then unleash his last-lap sprint at the right second.

Just as Ennis’s home-straight burst will never leave the memory, so Farah’s last-lap surge glorified the art of running. It gave us a whole minute to observe the brilliance, not the loneliness, of the long-distance runner. A late challenge was helpfully delivered by his training partner, Gaylen Rupp. The threat was just enough to scare the crowd for a second and add a touch of defiance to Farah’s finish.

By now the noise was back at its unique pitch of excitement, fulfilment, gratitude, pride. There was nothing about these triumphs that could induce anything other than pleasure at seeing likeable athletes perform their hearts out for our delight, and get what they deserved.

It was the old Olympic dynamic of vicarious involvement in an intense human drama, but at a level that outstripped all that had passed before.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/athletics/9454351/Jessica-Ennis-Mo-Farah-and-Greg-Rutherford-top-bill-at-London-2012-Olympics-on-perfect-night-in-perfect-hamony.html

Carpe Diem

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2012, 01:17:47 PM »
This is a wonderful achievement for Feng in the Gymnastics. He won his 3rd gold medal of the games.

Feng wins third gymnastics gold for China at London Olympics
English.news.cn   2012-08-07 22:01:57

LONDON, Aug. 7 (Xinhua) -- Chinese gymnast Feng Zhe held his nerve to win the Olympic men's parallel bars gold medal here on Tuesday.

It was the third title claimed by the Chinese gymnastics team at the London Games. The Asian powerhouse also won gold medals in men's team and women's beam events.

As the third one to compete, Feng was under much pressure after teammate Zhang Chenglong fell off the apparatus. But the 2010 world champion in the discipline managed to earn a highest score of 15.955 points.

Marcel Nguyen of Germany was 0.166 points behind and took the silver. The bronze went to French Hamilton Sabot who scored 15.566 points.

"We finally vented out our frustration," said Feng. "Our skills are outstanding, but it is hard to say whether our performances are to the taste of the judges. This is the problem for all the events whose results are determined by judges."

Feng referred to the scoring controversy in Monday's rings final, where teammate Chen Yibing had looked assured of victory after a superb opening routine only to final Arthur Nabarrete Zanetti of Brazil pull off a shock by earning the highest score.

"I felt sorry for Chen, but he did his best," said Feng, who has many fans in China for his baby-faced looks and sense of humor.

"It tells how cruel sport competition is. I just need to do my best here," he added.

Nguyen said he was fairly satisfied with his silver medal, though he had a slight glitch with the grip and didn't dismount properly.

"This is the best thing I have ever had in life," he said. "I will never forget them."

Japanese Tanaka Kazuhito and Tanaka Yasuke brothers, whose parents are both gymnasts as well, finished fourth and eighth respectively in men's parallel bars final.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/china/2012-08/07/c_131768267.htm

Carpe Diem

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »
I love a surprise!! And Brazil's Zanetti gave us one by winning the gold in the "artistic" rings competition.  This is a great story.

06 August 2012 14:57
Zanetti powers to gold
Brazil's Arthur Nabarrete Zanetti won gold in a dramatic men's Rings final at the North Greenwich Arena today.

Defending champion Chen Yibing of China looked set to retain his Olympic title and led the way through the competition after he competed first and scored an impressive 15.800.

Zanetti was the last man to compete and powered to gold with a score of 15.900, with Italy's Matteo Morandi finishing in bronze medal position.   

Iordan Iovtchev, the oldest male gymnast competing in his sixth Olympic Games at the age of 39, scored 15.108 to finish in seventh.

'I'm very happy,' Zanetti said. 'I was the last gymnast to compete and I stayed calm and took my moment. It's the very first Olympic medal for Brazil in gymnastics so I'm really happy with this.'

Carpe Diem

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2012, 12:15:21 AM »
London is putting on a great show. Y'all should be proud.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2012, 12:36:13 AM »
Wow. GB is #3 overall. Super!

Tomorrow is our make or break day. W200, MTJ, W400H, M100H. We need to represent because Team USA is sucking on the track.

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2012, 04:45:19 AM »
I saw the Finals of the Men's High Bars Gymnastics - they were all very good performances, but the best was by the Dutchman Epke Zonderland! This guy's routine had the audience on its feet, in raptures!!
"The gold was the first by a Dutch man in artistic gymnastics, and only the second for the country. The other? A gold by the women's team back in 1928." http://www.boston.com/sports/other_sports/olympics/articles/2012/08/08/zonderlands_high_flying_routine_earns_him_gold/
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:01:44 AM by propstoart »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #206 on: August 08, 2012, 06:51:26 AM »
Stephan Feck Diving Fail London 2012 3m springboard
Poor guy.

Stephan Feck German Diver Lands on Back
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:53:50 AM by swish »

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2012, 07:52:08 AM »
London is putting on a great show. Y'all should be proud.

Thanks.  The reports so far are that it is a successful games, BABBLELOT.  I hope it will be - the money spent has to be justified!!   :)  But obviously, it is important for the competing athletes to have well organised events & so far, so good. For me, the only blight has been the fiasco over empty seats.   

PROPSTOART  - Zonderland was just magnificent, wasn't he! Thanks for that superb example of his work.

As for the games thus far, I must express my admiration & respect for Michael Phelps.  He retires after these games, and what a way to do it.  He is simply a genius.  And the US continue to produce great swimmers - Lochte has had a wonderful Olympics too. 

August 4, 2012 11:06 pm

Phelps ends Olympic career with 18th gold

By Liz Byrnes, Press Association

Michael Phelps brought to an end an unparalleled career on Saturday as he bowed out of the Olympics with 18 gold medals and 22 overall.

The 27-year-old started his Olympic career at Sydney 12 years ago where he finished fifth in the 200 metres butterfly.

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4e7fa99c-de7f-11e1-9185-00144feab49a.html#ixzz22xTuXtd1

Six gold and two bronze medals in Athens were followed by his historic eight golds in Beijing.

His London Games did not start off so well with fourth place in the 400m individual medley – his worst result since Sydney – and he was shocked by Chad le Clos in the 200m butterfly, the South African taking advantage of Phelps’ poor glide into the wall.

However, the Baltimore swimmer won the 100m butterfly and 200m individual medley – where he outgunned teammate Ryan Lochte – as well as taking the titles in the 4x200m freestyle and Saturday night’s medley relay and silver in the 4x100m freestyle.

Texts and phone calls from the likes of US President Barack Obama followed and on Saturday night he was presented with a FINA lifetime achievement award by president Julio Maglione inscribed with the words: “To Michael Phelps, the greatest Olympic athlete of all time. From FINA. August 4 2012. London, Great Britain.”

After his final race, Phelps told a packed press conference: “It’s kind of weird looking at this [trophy] and seeing it say I am the greatest Olympic athlete of all time.

On retiring, he added: “I don’t want to swim after I turn 30 and that is in three years and I don’t want to swim for another three years.

“I would be past 30 by the time the next Olympics. I have achieved what I wanted to achieve, Bob and I have somehow been able to do every single thing.

“If you can say that about your career then it’s time to move forward, time to move on to other things.

“I finished my career how I wanted to.

“Before the race I said ‘let’s just go out and do it’. We were all excited.”

Phelps’ retirement overshadowed the night’s programme in which the USA women set a new world record in their medley race of three minutes 52.05 seconds.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4e7fa99c-de7f-11e1-9185-00144feab49a.html#axzz22xRPSQjk

Carpe Diem

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2012, 08:15:46 AM »
And now for the outstanding Usain Bolt.  Much hyped, he is poetry in motion when he runs.  For such a big man, his grace is amazing.  2 gold medals won, but perhaps more importantly, questions about his abilities answered.  Just legendary.

Lightning Bolt strikes gold: Usain storms to 100m glory and he answers his critics with resounding victory in 9.63 seconds

- Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt defends his sprint title by setting an Olympic record time at London 2012
    - Fellow Jamaican Yohan Blake came second to claim silver in a time of 9.75 seconds
    - American Justin Gatlin, who served a four-year ban for doping, took the bronze in 9.79 seconds
    - Bolt's run was the second-fastest ever. He already holds the world record of 9.58 seconds

By Rob Preece and David Williams

PUBLISHED: 21:58, 5 August 2012 | UPDATED: 08:29, 7 August 2012

Usain Bolt sensationally defended his title as the fastest man on the planet last night as he sprinted to glory in an Olympic record time of 9.63 seconds.

In front of a global TV audience estimated at up to two billion, the 25 year-old Jamaican answered all the questions about his fitness and state of mind to retain his 100-metre sprint crown in what had been billed ‘the greatest’ race of London 2012 – and certainly the most anticipated.

Known around the world as ‘Lightning Bolt’, he lived up to the legend to run the second-fastest time ever and beat his fellow Jamaican Yohan Blake, who claimed silver with a time of 9.75, and American Justin Gatlin, who won bronze in 9.79.

Left trailing were Americans Tyson Gay and Ryan Bailey. Bolt's fellow Jamaican, Asafa Powell, pulled up injured during the race and came last.

Among those cheering the athletes on were the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, who joined in a standing ovation.

London Mayor Boris Johnson was also in the stadium.

A shower of flashbulbs lit up the stadium as Bolt settled into his blocks at the start line as the crowd took photographs.

It stopped for the time it took him to run the 100m and defend his Olympic title before the crowd, now on their feet, took more photographs and clapped as he went on his lap of honour.

After the race, Bolt said: 'I was happy when I went out in the first round, I felt I could do this.

'I was slightly worried about my start. It was not the best reaction in the world but I stopped worrying about it and executed it and it worked.

'I said it on the track, people can talk, all they can do is talk. When it comes to championships I bring it.

'I knew [the crowd] would be like this, I can feel that energy and I am extremely happy.

Speaking about his compatriot and training partner Blake, the champion said: 'In training he always works hard and pushes me.

'I knew what I needed to do but I think he will do better next time. He is a major talent. He beat almost everybody and I know he will be more confident and do better next time.'

Blake, who won silver, said: 'Usain knows what it takes. He is a world beater and he is the fastest man in the world.

'But I got a medal in my first Olympic games and a lot of that is down to Usain and our coach.'

Bronze medallist Justin Gatlin, who won bronze in the men's 100m final, told BBC Radio 5 live: 'At this moment in time it was probably the dream race.

'It was a great race and I think there are even better ones to come.

'Usain Bolt has the best technique out there. I tried to hold on with my technique and I got back on the podium for the first time in 10 years.'

Gatlin, the 2004 Olympic champion, was competing in London amid controversy after serving a four-year doping ban.

He said: 'It feels good, regardless of what I have gone through. I did this for the people who support me.

'This medal is for them and they pushed me when I didn't want to push myself.'

The race had been billed as the ‘hottest ticket’ of London 2012 with people paying prices of up to £725 to be among those in the stadium who could forever say 'I was there'.

In Britain alone the TV audience was expected to be about 15million – a quarter of all Britons – with theatres and cinemas putting on special screenings that had begun in time to the semi-finals earlier in the evening.

Despite earlier heavy rain and soggy conditions, thousands who had been at other venues inside the Olympic park on so-called ‘Super Sunday’ and ‘Showdown Sunday’ stayed to watch the race on the big screens.

Among those watching last night was American Harrison Dillard, 89, the gold medallist from 1948, the last time the Olympics were held in London.

His time of 10.3 seconds wouldn’t have won him a place in the 2012 final.

The race had been hyped as a direct showdown between Jamaica's two top runners, with other athletes expected to trail in Bolt and Blake's wake.

And the event took on greater significance for Jamaica because it fell on the 50th anniversary of the Caribbean island’s independence from Britain.

Ninety-two per cent of Jamaica’s population was expected to watch the race.

Bolt's win will cause bookmaker Ladbrokes to pay out more than half a million pounds to punters across the UK.

The gold medallist began his semi-final as the odds-on 5/6 favourite but after jogging through another heat the firm immediately cut his odds to 1/4.

And one Bolt fan who was so sure the Jamaican would do the business bet £60,000 on Bolt at 1/4.

Before the semi-finals the firm were quoting 2/1 that Bolt's world record would be broken, which got backed into 6/4 before the off. However it was odds-on at 8/15 the record would remain untouched.

Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes said: 'Bolt played us all for a fool and the bookies fell for it hook, line and sinker. He's the most expensive Olympian of all time and we'll be glad to see the day when he gets beat.'

An extraordinary false start and disqualification in the 2011 World Championships, the loss of both national sprint titles, had raised questions over Bolt’s state of mind coming into the Olympics and moved the aura surrounding Bolt that had over his fellow sprinters.

It had been a difficult season for the triple Beijing sprint gold medallist who made a sluggish start in April, by his exceptionally high standards, of 10.04 seconds at a meet in the Czech Republic but then followed it with the second-fastest 100m of the year, 9.76 seconds, at the Rome Diamond League.

Hamstring trouble has restricted his public appearances this year, although famously he did appear with Prince Harry during a royal visit to Jamaica.

The mystery of the injury and a trip to a German doctor – Bolt claimed this week he was only 95 per cent fit - had led to a lot of support for Blake from former champions.

Among those doubters was American Olympic legend Carl Lewis, the only sprinter to retain the 100m title and another was Sydney sprint champion Maurice Greene who warned : ‘Usain will go out there and continue to do the things he does... but Blake is going to win.’

Despite the doubts, Bolt remained his usual brash, confident self declaring last month: ‘I’ve been saying this for years: this will be the moment, this will be the year, this is my time.’

Gatlin had qualified for the final fastest, recording a time of 9.82 seconds in his semi-final.

Blake and Bolt won their semi-finals with impressive times of 9.85 and 9.87 respectively, although both men appeared to be holding back to conserve energy.

Seven of the eight finalists broke the 10-second barrier to qualify, with the slowest competitor, Richard Thompson of Trinidad and Tobago, making it through in 10.02 seconds.

American sprinters Tyson Gay (9.90) and Ryan Bailey (9.96), Jamaica's Asafa Powell (9.94) and the Netherlands' Churunday Martina (9.91) completed the line-up.

There were no British representatives in the final after home hopes Dwain Chambers and Adam Gemili narrowly missed out.

Chambers ran 10.05 seconds and Gemili ran 10.06 in their semi-finals, coming within hundredths of a second of places in the final.

Gemili, a promising footballer who only turned to sprinting full-time in January, said he intended to remain in athletics.

'I am going to stick with athletics and see how it goes,' he told BBC Radio 5 live. 'Hopefully I can improve the times and become more consistent. The guys yesterday did so well.

'It boosts me up and makes me want to go forward and maybe one day be in the same position as them and win a gold medal for Great Britain at the Olympics.'

Chambers told the BBC: 'I wanted to do well and get into the final but I am happy to be here. I am gutted I didn't make the final, but I can't have it all. It was worth it all to feel that atmosphere. Money can't buy that.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2184089/London-Olympics-2012--Usain-Bolt-storms-100m-glory-answers-critics-resounding-victory-9-63-seconds.html

Carpe Diem

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2012, 04:53:53 PM »
The US did pretty good in track today Babbs....

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #210 on: August 09, 2012, 12:23:23 AM »
I predicted 4 gold and 2 silver. I've accounted for 3 golds so far.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Wow. GB is #3 overall. Super!

Tomorrow is our make or break day. W200, MTJ, W400H, M100H. We need to represent because Team USA is sucking on the track.

Lol I got the events wrong. But we did get gold in the 2 events I got correct, and as predicted a silver as we went 1-2 in the M100H. We picked up a 3rd gold in WLJ. For the day
G 3
S 2
B 3 - meh

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2012, 02:34:49 AM »
Wow! What a day. We finish 1-2 in the world's greatest athlete competition and 1-2 in MTJ.l

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #213 on: August 10, 2012, 04:20:17 AM »
Yes, Epke Zonderland showcased a unique performance. He is the only one in history to perform 3 difficult "flight elements" in succession. He trained 6 years for this he said. And needless to say, this is great boost for Dutch gymnastics.

However, one also starts to wonder how to value a medal. E.g. Phelps is a great athlete, but you probably should divide his medal count by 3 to normalize it. Usain Bolt's performance is equally impressive in my opinion.

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #214 on: August 10, 2012, 06:11:26 AM »
"Kenya's David Rudisha tonight lit up the Olympic Games with a sensational victory in the 800 metres, breaking his own world record in the process.
As London 2012 chairman and former Olympic 800m silver medallist Seb Coe looked on, Rudisha made the most of ideal conditions, storming through the first lap in 49.28 seconds and powering to the gold medal in one minute 40.91 seconds.
That took exactly one tenth of a second off his previous record as all eight finalists set a season's best, personal best or national record." http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/athletics/kenyas-david-rudisha-sets-new-800m-world-record-8027108.html

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #215 on: August 10, 2012, 09:51:50 PM »
Hey Dallas!

Enough Said!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:53:21 PM by Babblelot »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2012, 05:28:04 AM »
usain bolt is just out of this world.......it's ridiculous how he time and time again leaves his opponents way behind in a mere 100 meter sprint........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2012, 06:08:28 AM »
usain bolt is just out of this world.......it's ridiculous how he time and time again leaves his opponents way behind in a mere 100 meter sprint........

Except when Blake beats him.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2012, 06:09:50 AM »
With 26 medals, U.S. track team approaches goal

Friday's races, which include a world-record win in the women's 400 relay, move the U.S. closer to a dream of winning 30 Olympic medals in track and field.

:king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: O O O O

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2012, 06:13:54 AM »

Except when Blake beats him.

i think bolt will beat blake every single time at a big stage........it looked like bolt was fooling around in those jamaican trials where yohan beat him........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS