Author Topic: Nole's French Open, Wimbledon Campaigns Revisted : What Went Wrong  (Read 2422 times)

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
you have the floor. have at it. it might be interesting to revisit nole`s RG and Wimbledon campaigns.

what went wrong? what would his handers and his camp conclude in your best estimation?

and equally importantly, of course, what is your conclusion from your own vantage point?
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
Re: Nole's French Open, Wimbledon Campaigns Revisted : What Went Wrong
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 07:15:12 PM »

Nole had an amazing season last year, his confidence was sky high and he was just unbeatable.

It is nearly impossible to repeat such high standard season. He still won the AO in that marathon final which is great for him.

I thought Rafa was exceptional during the clay season and dominated every one including Nole.

I really thought that Nole would win it in Wimbledon, but Fed proved me wrong. In addition the conditions with closed roof helped Fed, while Nole struggled with slippery surface and the cold/flu didnt help either.

I think Nole would bounce back during the hard court season!!!

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 07:32:04 PM »
i just wonder what was the conclusion from the nole camp?
my own perception is that he got caught up in a protracted campaign at RG and it hurt his chances at wimbledon.
he had 2 long matches that went the distance before running into the clay warrior in the final.
it can take its toll on you. so there was considerable expenditure of physical and mental capital at RG. i actually said this as it was happening at RG. i said that he was going to have some mental and physical fatigue issues at wimbledon.
it is very difficult to win both of these slams in  a same year unless you can pretty much run everybody off the courts in straight sets at RG.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 08:18:07 PM »
you have the floor. have at it. it might be interesting to revisit nole`s RG and Wimbledon campaigns.

what went wrong? what would his handers and his camp conclude in your best estimation?

and equally importantly, of course, what is your conclusion from your own vantage point?

What went wrong? He ran into Nadal & Federer.  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 08:36:25 PM »
what could he have done different?
do you think that is a satisfactory answer if you are in the nole camp?
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »
Scientific Analogy
When a space rocket (Djokovic) is to be sent to somewhere as far as Saturn, it needs a hell of a lot of fuel to propel it through space. Sun's em radiation cannot provide it. What is done is they use 'gravity sling' (Djokovic's magic run) by making the rocket pass through Venus (Nadal) such that the gravitational field of Venus fires the rocket with a huge velocity when leaving (Djokovic's immense confidence). The rocket passes by Earth (Federer) and turns back to Venus (why Djokovic and Nadal met a lot). The process is repeated 7 times (not seven actually, just joking) and finally sets off its journey to Saturn. On the way it has to pass through the Asteroid Belt (Murray) causing a little slow down (Djokovic getting tired at the end of the season). When it reaches Saturn, it roams around it and roams and roams until it suddenly dies down. All the time Earth and Venus as still where he left them. It was the rocket that exploded, created a momentary chaos which then abated.
That's All Folks !!
The world awaits no genius

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 09:14:45 PM »
hi Hercules  :king:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 09:18:18 PM »
hello mimi.
mimi check out the general discussion section here when you have a moment. i have just fired up a chat thread where folks from all walks of life can stop by for a drink and have a little chat.
presently it is only a test. these things take a long time to develop.

there are no pictures or anything. it is just one of castle`s many sports bars.

this one is called the "fantastic voyage" sports bar.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:19:51 PM by Clay Death »
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 09:21:20 PM »
Scientific Analogy
When a space rocket (Djokovic) is to be sent to somewhere as far as Saturn, it needs a hell of a lot of fuel to propel it through space. Sun's em radiation cannot provide it. What is done is they use 'gravity sling' (Djokovic's magic run) by making the rocket pass through Venus (Nadal) such that the gravitational field of Venus fires the rocket with a huge velocity when leaving (Djokovic's immense confidence). The rocket passes by Earth (Federer) and turns back to Venus (why Djokovic and Nadal met a lot). The process is repeated 7 times (not seven actually, just joking) and finally sets off its journey to Saturn. On the way it has to pass through the Asteroid Belt (Murray) causing a little slow down (Djokovic getting tired at the end of the season). When it reaches Saturn, it roams around it and roams and roams until it suddenly dies down. All the time Earth and Venus as still where he left them. It was the rocket that exploded, created a momentary chaos which then abated.
That's All Folks !!

that was a pretty cool post medwatt.

keep them coming. good stuff mate.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 09:28:37 PM »
i will visit later when i have time, thanks for making the thread  :king:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 04:14:37 AM »
Please note that Djokovic wasn't utterly dominant on clay during 2011, plus he also had problems at the grand slams with Federer in particular (e.g. USO and RG semis, which he could've lost both).

This season he failed to retain Rome and Madrid, but he did reach the RG finals. At Wimbledon he again ran into Federer, and this time Federer prevailed.

Djokovic vs. Federer has been a close call lately: Djokovic and Federer are 3-2 in GS encounters during 2011-2012, of which their USO semifinal was an exceptionally close call.

Altogether, nothing went wrong for Djokovic really.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 04:16:06 AM »
Mimi, so good to see you here  :). I just woke up, so early in Calgary.

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 06:08:06 AM »
I think he is not as confident as he was last year. It might sound cliched, but that can make a lot of difference, especially in those crucial dogfights, where you know you will have to dig in.

But then again, I think he will still be the favourite at the USO, so if he wins it, all will be well at his camp as he would have regained the momentum. However, if he doesn't win it, then he will have reason to be worried.
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 09:58:37 AM »
pressure had something to do with it. i think it is a little different when you beome the hunted.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:28:01 AM by Clay Death »
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 10:26:43 AM »
pressure had something to do with it. i thinki it is a little different when you beome the hunted.

Yeah, that would have been a factor. Everyone wanted to see if he could replicate last year's extraordinary season.
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 10:29:51 AM »
there was pressure to defend and then he put extra pressure on himself by saying that he was going go after the french open and the olympic gold.
i believe some of that pressure weighed on him. it became a bit of a burden.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 12:22:02 PM »
nothing went wrong at roland garros........he just collided with a bulldozer which rolls itself relentlessly........

at wimbledon he said he was sick, so i am taking his words........there is no doubt that he has the game to beat fed under the roof........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 12:52:36 PM »
how do you like nole`s chances at RG next year general shanks?

and what about the u.s. open this year?
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 12:55:23 PM »
how do you like nole`s chances at RG next year general shanks?

and what about the u.s. open this year?

if nadal is fit, no chance for djokovic next year either at the roland garros........it is just the way it is........a fit nadal cannot lose a french open until he hits 29 or something........

i am expecting another djokovic-nadal final at us open this year........i think they are both really angry with themselves and going to tear through the draw into the final........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 01:38:18 PM »
Djokovic did say he wasn't feeling well, if that's true then he won't take that loss as hard.

He'll be motivated for the rest of the year I would guess.