Instructional Tennis > Tennis Rules & Regulations

1st or 2nd Serve?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Babblelot:
Really. I thought that was easy. First serve. I guess we're just nice Midwestern folk up hereah in Chicago.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Jamesdster:

--- Quote from: Babblelot on July 30, 2012, 12:05:25 PM ---Really. I thought that was easy. First serve. I guess we're just nice Midwestern folk up hereah in Chicago.

--- End quote ---

Thr rule is clear.  Clearing a ball off your ct between the 1st and 2nd ct does not entitle you to a 1st serve, unless of course your opponent wants to give you a 1st serve.  Actually you just hit on my #1 pet peeve (as a player, not a ref.)  Guy/gals who always ask for a 1st serve after clearing a ball DRIVES ME NUTSO!!   :hammer:

monstertruck:

--- Quote from: Jamesdster on July 30, 2012, 12:44:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: Babblelot on July 30, 2012, 12:05:25 PM ---Really. I thought that was easy. First serve. I guess we're just nice Midwestern folk up hereah in Chicago.

--- End quote ---

Thr rule is clear.  Clearing a ball off your ct between the 1st and 2nd ct does not entitle you to a 1st serve, unless of course your opponent wants to give you a 1st serve.  Actually you just hit on my #1 pet peeve (as a player, not a ref.)  Guy/gals who always ask for a 1st serve after clearing a ball DRIVES ME NUTSO!!   :hammer:

--- End quote ---
My personal philosophy on this is 'never ask, always give'.
I know, it's sort of out of character for me! :lmao:

Jamesdster:

--- Quote from: monstertruck on July 30, 2012, 04:29:33 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Did I really say "Clearing a ball off your ct between the 1st and 2nd ct .  Replace "ct" with "serve".  My reading skills leave a lot to be desired.

monstertruck:

--- Quote from: Jamesdster on July 30, 2012, 10:20:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: monstertruck on July 30, 2012, 04:29:33 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Did I really say "Clearing a ball off your ct between the 1st and 2nd ct .  Replace "ct" with "serve".  My reading skills leave a lot to be desired.

--- End quote ---
Even with my 'cheaters' on, I missed that one..... :whistle:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version