Author Topic: Can Murray win a Grand Slam?  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: Can Murray win a Grand Slam?
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 08:38:15 AM »
I sure hope he does one day.

He will eventually.

Welcome to the forum BTW!!!

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 10:16:26 AM »
I sure hope he does one day.

He will eventually.

Welcome to the forum BTW!!!
I think he can, but will be hard.

Offline TigerTim

• Tennis Player
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »
of course he can. will he though? ;)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 09:33:13 AM »
murray is winning his next slam final unless he is up against nadal at roland garros........muzza fans get ready for glory........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2012, 09:45:03 AM »
What I'm going to say might sound rhetorical but unless he wins a slam I cannot answer.

Murray doesn't have problems with 250, 500, 1000 ATP tournaments. Even the Olympics at first try he won. But that is not the case with slams which begs the question "why?".
The world awaits no genius

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2012, 09:51:33 AM »
What I'm going to say might sound rhetorical but unless he wins a slam I cannot answer.

Murray doesn't have problems with 250, 500, 1000 ATP tournaments. Even the Olympics at first try he won. But that is not the case with slams which begs the question "why?".

he finally got rid of one of the big 3(federer) in a best of 5 sets final........he wasn't losing the wimbledon final either had they not shut the roof........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline TigerTim

• Tennis Player
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2012, 04:27:29 PM »

he finally got rid of one of the big 3(federer) in a best of 5 sets final........he wasn't losing the wimbledon final either had they not shut the roof........

I disagree, and I am a Murray fan. Murray was broke after that epic game in the second set.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »
disagreements are fine........murray looked a bit down after losing the second set but it was far from over........the match was going five........murray was mentally a different player that day compared to all his previous slam finals........it din't surprise me that he thrashed fed in straights at the olympics........i just doubted whether he was ready for another mental battle but i knew he had it in him to take out fed.........

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2012, 11:55:16 AM »

I disagree, and I am a Murray fan. Murray was broke after that epic game in the second set.
TIGERTIM  - I haven't "seen" you before, and am glad to make your acquaintance now.  Are you going to the 02 for the WTF?

I agree your analysis.  It was sad for Murray, but he was outplayed.  This constant harping on about the roof by some is both obtuse & tedious, but there we are.

And it was sweet revenge for Murray at the Olympics final & an absolute delight to see AM play with such aplomb.   Speculation has its limitations, but given that AM has possessed the where-with-all to win a slam for a while, the "triggerring effect" of a momentous win such as the Olympic Gold will, I hope, ease the way forward to some GS wins now.  The point for me is not just that he beat RF, but ND too.  It is looking very good, looking forward.
Carpe Diem

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2012, 10:17:55 PM »
You should ask Ivan Lendl!  He can give a better answer then anyone here!  Make sure he is drunk when you ask him - if you want a honest answer however.  :))

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 07:57:16 AM »
Murray! Another chance! If you cannot take it, you should smash your head into brick wall.  :rofl_2:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2012, 10:39:07 AM »
I wondered when this would pop it's head back up :rofl_2:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2012, 12:51:37 PM »
Murray! Another chance! If you cannot take it, you should smash your head into brick wall.  :rofl_2:
He's been smacking his head with his hand quite a bit during the last few matches.  Time to put an end to that.  Hopefully he gives Nole a handful in the final!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2012, 09:36:44 PM »
it happens tomorrow.

and welcome to the forums MasterNadal.

Offline rsosa92

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2012, 10:01:57 PM »
Hope that today he will

Offline InsideOutsideMaster

• New Poster
  • Come on!
    • Empower Network Blog
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2012, 12:03:41 AM »
I totally believe he's going to win tomorow, he needs to use that slice of his to disrupt Mr.Djokovic =) Joker always have trouble with them

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2012, 12:38:51 AM »
welcome to the forums insideoutmaster.

stop by the castle sports bar after the match or before the match. we will chat some more.

the castle sports bar is at the chat section right here.

we will introduce you to the others here. post away and have fun.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 01:22:43 AM »
With Ivan Lendl as coach - it close to being a done deal as can be!  I is do or die time for both of them - Lendl and Murray!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2012, 01:30:24 AM »
lend has better things to do with his time and with his life.

he will be gone after this year anyway. that is my guess anyway.

i do believe that murray will leave it all out there tomorrow. he has a chance if he uses his head and extends nole out there.

he has to also use his variety to make sure nole doesnt end up getting too comfortable from the baseline.

and tomorrow murray has to return better than he ever has and its a done deal.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2012, 03:37:38 AM »
howdy hercules........murray has a good chance today, he just has to relax and take it game by game and set by set........in my opinion the match result depends on his serve and his slice........

djokovic will be just the same like always........solid from the back defending everything and attacking upon an opening, so it's up to murray how he breaks down his defense........slice will be the key, that short cross court slice putting djoko in an uncomfortable position and then he can send the next ball into the open court with his stronger wing(backhand)........that cannot be done on every point but when it's done frequently it throws djokovic out of his rhythm for the rest of the day........