Author Topic: Rafael Nadal out of the US Open  (Read 3759 times)

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
Rafael Nadal out of the US Open
« on: August 15, 2012, 10:45:12 AM »
Official - Nadal has pulled out of the US. Open

"I am very sad to announce that I am still not ready to play ad have to withdraw from this year's US Open in NYC. I am sorry since I always found great crowds and great support, but I have to continue with my recuperation and preparation to be ready to play in the right conditions. I want to say hi and thanks to all the fans in particular to the new yorkers. I'll miss you all this year at the Open!" - http://www.facebook.com/Nadal

Note to admin.  I don't know if you want to merge this with Nadal out of Olympics thread or not.  It seems like it could be newsworthy of it's own thread.  Your call. :)

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
Re: Rafael Nadal out of the US Open
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »
Not a shocker here. As long as he's ready for Roland-Garros, that's all that matters.

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 10:53:24 AM »
No, no shocker. Yet still sad news for him, the tour, and his fans, I would suspect.   :( I'm continuing to wish him good health and condition.   If it means taking the rest of the year off and coming back on the clay, so be it.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 10:58:53 AM »
No, no shocker. Yet still sad news for him, the tour, and his fans, I would suspect.   :( I'm continuing to wish him good health and condition.   If it means taking the rest of the year off and coming back on the clay, so be it.

Respectfully,
masterclass

rgr, if that is what is needed to be done, then I wish him all the best, and speed recovery..
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 11:06:04 AM »
Damn, that's 1200 ranking points he won't be able to defend...
Murray now almost is guaranteed to take over the #3 spot.

But I am still trying to make sense of this...
His last match was the match he lost against Rosol at Wimbledon.
During that match it did not look like he was injured in any way, just not playing well, whereas Rosol was playing the match of his life, and slapping winners left and right, also, the timing of the closing of the roof clearly got to Nadal.
Even in the press conference afterwards, Nadal did not mention any injury.
And all of a sudden, he pulls out of the the exo with Novak, then the olympics, Toronto, Cinci, and now the USO.

Just doesn't make any sense., there must be more going on than just knee tendinitis.
Hopefully, he will make a full recovery from whatever it is.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:16:11 AM by mtt »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 11:10:32 AM »
no need to feel sorry for him, he deserves to sit out........there has never been an all time great as idiotic as this clown........a clown who considers chicken s**t tournaments like indian wells, miami, barcelona, madrid on top priority and ends up getting burnt for the most crucial phase of the tennis season may - august a four month period in which 3 slams are played........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 11:14:53 AM »
It's just possible he may come back to play Davis Cup on the clay against the USA in Spain 14-16 Sep 2012.

I suppose we might have a good idea if that's the case if he resumes his recuperation and practice on the clay courts in Manacor.

At least his effort this year resulted in a record 7th Roland Garros title.  No one can take that honor away from him.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 11:20:14 AM »
a clown who considers chicken s**t tournaments like indian wells, miami, barcelona, madrid
Miami, Indian wells, Madrid, all masters 1000 events, now are chickens**t tournaments ?

You crack me up

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 11:20:36 AM »
It's just possible he may come back to play Davis Cup on the clay against the USA in Spain 14-16 Sep 2012.

I suppose we might have a good idea if that's the case if he resumes his recuperation and practice on the clay courts in Manacor.

At least his effort this year resulted in a record 7th Roland Garros title.  No one can take that honor away from him.

Respectfully,
masterclass

davis cup is important but what good is a davis cup win if he can't keep himself in contention for the top prizes in tennis which are the slams? really the interest is gone with him skipping the us open.........he is just a clown who doesn't know how to approach a full tennis season........just a big clown.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Rafael Nadal out of the US Open
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 11:33:33 AM »
Those tournaments that were mentioned earlier are big tournaments. I see no fault in him playing them. He wasn't hurt at those tournaments. You can't see what will happen to you physically in the future. It's just a bad break for Nadal.

Ad mentioned earlier -,he was playing great in Wimbledon - moving great too. He came upon a player in the zone and lost, but there were no indicators at that time that he was injured. Since he said this injury is "different" from the others - this must have happened after Wimbledon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 11:47:43 AM »
Those tournaments that were mentioned earlier are big tournaments. I see no fault in him playing them. He wasn't hurt at those tournaments. You can't see what will happen to you physically in the future. It's just a bad break for Nadal.

Ad mentioned earlier -,he was playing great in Wimbledon - moving great too. He came upon a player in the zone and lost, but there were no indicators at that time that he was injured. Since he said this injury is "different" from the others - this must have happened after Wimbledon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so you mean he could afford to play singles and doubles, gapless series of events in the clay season because he was not injured at that point........federer despite being so light and having a very light game, never once in his career played and won doubles and reached the singles semis of the same masters event, never stretches himself beyond limit for useless titles........

and now we are speaking about a player who got both his knees hammered for 8 years and he keeps pushing to the limit all the time........

the damage was clearly done in the first half of the season when he pushed himself like an idiot for indian wells singles and doubles, miami singles and doubles,  montecarlo singles and doubles, barcelona, madris, rome all in a very little period........

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 01:40:29 PM »
IW, Miami and other masters are BIG tournaments. Calling it otherwise would be stupid.
Rafa was perfectly fine playing those tours, if he wasn't he wouldn't have played them. Simple as that.

Or we can't believe his interviews where he was saying he's feeling fine.

Saying that he was pushing himself for 'those' tour is just personal assumption. And I truly can't believe that, because after all why would he play doubles if he was pushing himself...
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 02:12:03 PM »
WOW! I wonder how that will affect me  :confused1:
It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Anyway, I'm surprised.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 02:23:27 PM »
just heard about it. it sucks.  :(

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 02:54:44 PM »
Zeze Morais ‏@ZezeAM
"The objective is to reach the David Cup tie" Toni Nadal (via @raulfiber)

Fingers crossed.
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 04:12:48 PM »
i said this ages ago. only way to salvage the year is to try to capture some davis cup glory and also try to protect the knees from further damage on hard courts.

so you he is going to play davis cup even if the knees are not anywhere near 100%. at least he cant do further damage to them on clay. his 60% capacity is more than good enough on the red lay if the match is best of 5 sets foremat.

i dont think it will be without pain but he will try to play davis cup. and to me that is a good sign. that means he is coming back to defend his roland garros crown next year.

it also means that rest has done some good for the knees.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 04:42:12 PM »
This is very scary news for Nadal fans.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »
well not exactly. i predicted this 5 years ago.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 07:49:12 PM »

well, it is sad that he wont be playing. But, he must be in a pretty bad condition to take such a decision.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »

How does this affect the US Open? who do you guys think will benefit the most from Rafa's with drawl?