Poll

When will Rafael Nadal return to tournament play?

Davis Cup - Spain vs USA semi Sept 14
4 (33.3%)
Tokyo/Shanghai - Oct 1/Oct 7
2 (16.7%)
Paris-Bercy - Oct 29
0 (0%)
London World Tour Finals - Nov 5
0 (0%)
Qatar/Australian Open
1 (8.3%)
South American Clay
1 (8.3%)
Surgery and long term rest
0 (0%)
He's the King of Clay - 7 Roland Garros - if he can't be 100% he will retire.
0 (0%)
Get real, even he doesn't know - I don't like prediction threads
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: The Return of the King of Clay: Rafael Nadal  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: The Return of the King of Clay: Rafael Nadal
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 01:05:47 AM »
i think there is some truth to that fed fan.

he is reckless.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 01:14:12 AM »
I voted on Qatar.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 03:47:47 AM »
At this stage... Has anyone sit to think about another possibility?

Let's just say that they have more information than we have... Could there be a possibility that they know something we don't and know that he is on his last "tennis life" and has just one or two more years left in him, that he knows this and wants to go out with a "BANG"?  Forcing himself to endure pain for these years and play as much as he can for his last days in tennis? I mean, it is unlikely, but its "probable"... what do you think?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 05:33:39 AM »
he might target and win the world toast finals finals this year just to silence his critics.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 12:34:28 PM »
At this stage... Has anyone sit to think about another possibility?

Let's just say that they have more information than we have... Could there be a possibility that they know something we don't and know that he is on his last "tennis life" and has just one or two more years left in him, that he knows this and wants to go out with a "BANG"?  Forcing himself to endure pain for these years and play as much as he can for his last days in tennis? I mean, it is unlikely, but its "probable"... what do you think?
I took it one step further and suggested in a previous post that he might well have to consider permanent retirement or risk being hobbled for life.  Not very likely though.  Hopefully both he and his team are taking this time to set some long range goals that allow him to play at the highest level possible for the greatest length of time without jeopardizing his post tennis health.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »
In relatiion to Rafa's problem, found this link on the tennis.com forum, to an article published in "The Australian" on august 18 :
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nadal-on-brink-of-oblivion-as-his-greatest-fear-arrives/story-e6frg7mf-1226452902007
Is it true, or not, who knows ?
But it would explain things.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2012, 02:06:59 PM »

thanks for the article but i don't think the injury is really that serious[size=78%].......we had even worse stories in 2009........ [/size]

everything about the foot injury is true but their scheduling and reckless overplaying makes no sense especially when toni himself says that they could not practice at all in december 2008 and yet nadal won AO 2009........

like how he overcame all the injuries before, this one's not going to be any different........i see him carrying on for four more years till rio 2016 quite easily........he just has to schedule a little better, even on clay........

gone are the years where he can clean sweep clay and still stay fit........it's not possible for a 27 year old to win 5 out of 5 big clay titles one of which is a slam in under 45 days........that too much work regardless of surface........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Imsda

• Tennis Player
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2012, 12:09:33 PM »
I would say at davis cup! :D

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2012, 05:48:53 PM »
affirmative. he is expected to return on sept. 14th.

Offline Eskay

• New Poster
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2012, 12:19:51 PM »
There is no doubting about his injury, but his response has been similar to 2009 after defeat to Soderling. There wasn't much talk about the injury before the 2009 defeat and there has not been much either before defeat at Wimbledon. He wanted the WTF title badly once but one does not know whether he is ready for it. One can expect him not to miss the A.O and if so, he will return to a preparatory tournament before that. He packs up his schedule during the clay and the grass seasons where the surface is softer for knees. The week after week play during that season gives him points at the cost of overburden on body. None of the other among the top four play as much during that period. Perhaps the confidence of success on hard courts is less now and motivation too revolves more around the titles that could be won. Clay success will dry up one day and the ranking might plummet. But that would happen for everybody. As of now, he has to recover from injury, both physical and mental.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2012, 12:30:48 PM »
clay success will dry up sooner rather than later because he is really a moron who refuses to change anything.

lets see how much he likes being on the sidelines now. soon he can spend 80% of the year on the sidelines if he does not change his training and his scheduling.