Author Topic: OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)  (Read 30208 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2012, 11:30:08 AM »
he beat a worn torn, injured clay warrior who had to win damn near every single tournament and every single match on clay before coming to wimbledon.

and he had to beat nole not once but 3 times in the finals on clay where nothing is easy.

fed is as superior to young as the living are to the dead. its the same way with nadal and rosol.

so he got his one lucky win of his lifetime over a top gun. he is right back to being nothing again.

nadal wins more matches in a single season than rosol will win in his career.

concurred........no wonder why flukers like rosol are given so much praise, all the praise stems from hating nadal........when soderfluke beat rafa in 2009, the amount of hype he got was sufficient for the rest of his tennis career........

we all know what happened to soderling's career after that........meaningless hate only comes back to bite you in the arse and it is proven in most nadal haters' cases.........they praised whoever took care of nadal once or twice and nadal showed them who the real boss is........

even this year, rafa has turned the tables on djokovic and hammered him three times in a row........ 
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »
I don't think Novak "chickened out" of anything.  First, he was probably mentally tired in Cincy after winning Montreal.  It is very difficult to win both of them back-to-back, but at least he made the finals in both.

Secondly, at Wimbledon, Novak didn't play his best, but give Roger some credit.  Roger played great in that match.

Also... it probably was to be expected that Novak would come down some from 2011.  I mean - the guy was on fire that year.  It would have almost been impossible for him to keep that level of play up this year.  But I remember when Pete once said (or was it Lendl)...anyway...whoever said if you win ONE slam a year - you've had a great year.  Novak has already won the AO...so no matter what - he's had a great year.  Plus, he's won some master's titles too.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2012, 11:43:41 AM »
he beat a worn torn, injured clay warrior who had to win damn near every single tournament and every single match on clay before coming to wimbledon.

and he had to beat nole not once but 3 times in the finals on clay where nothing is easy.

fed is as superior to young as the living are to the dead. its the same way with nadal and rosol.

so he got his one lucky win of his lifetime over a top gun. he is right back to being nothing again.

concurred........no wonder why flukers like rosol are given so much praise, all the praise stems from hating nadal........when soderfluke beat rafa in 2009, the amount of hype he got was sufficient for the rest of his tennis career........

we all know what happened to soderling's career after that........meaningless hate only comes back to bite you in the arse and it is proven in most nadal haters' cases.........they praised whoever took care of nadal once or twice and nadal showed them who the real boss is........

even this year, rafa has turned the tables on djokovic and hammered him three times in a row........

nothing is easy on clay. nadal has had to win damn near every match and every big clay event for the last 8 years.

that has taken its toll on him. so he is more vulnerable now.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2012, 11:44:36 AM »
santiago snatches the 2nd set from the big serving canadian.

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »

we all know what happened to soderling's career after that........meaningless hate only comes back to bite you in the arse and it is proven in most nadal haters' cases.........

Come on, it wasn't all hype about Soderling. He came back the next year and beat Federer in the quarters! And he is the 3rd best indoor player of this era. Give him some respect!

Only you can talk trash about a player when he is injured and hasn't been able to play for an entire year..  :mad1:
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2012, 12:13:04 PM »

shank, I can see your point but couldn't disagree more with you. no matter, how good a player is they lose at some point. I think you are angry with some other posters on the 'other boards' who made fun of Nadal losing that match. Nole lost to Anderson, Fed lost to Canas 2 times, what was it, back in 2007, crippled Nadal lost to Youzny 6 0, 61 at Tokyo and I can go on and on ....

it kinda bugs me that you  started  hating Nole but, hey, it's your choice. Even your signature about Vajda is so silly. I like you and I think you are a passionate guy ... but I sometimes really don't get your logic to be honest with you. If I used that reversed logic I can tell, hey guess what Djokovic  def. Rafa in Madrid and Rome (fast, and slow clay) back in 2011. And also, Djokovic hammered Rafa 7 times in a row on all surfaces. Not sure what your point is.

If you are so frustrated, have a drink. I'll buy it for you but please you know better than this bud  :))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:31:56 PM by Alex »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »
berdych in total command.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2012, 12:39:51 PM »
just watching Raonic and it seems to be a  complete disaster. so much hype in Canada about him, and I like him but this is not looking good at all . too slow ... even  if he somehow wins this match he won't go too far

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »
brutal battle between milos and santiago.

will have to be decided in the 5th set.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2012, 02:13:47 PM »
alex, you are just too kind to djokovic........how funny you forget so quickly his wimbledon semis loss, olympic semis loss, cincinnatti loss and surrendering his no.1 so easily........i am just criticizing djokovic for his recent chicken arse performances, not hating him........he is just not the same force in nadal's absence........

about my sig, i put that after nadal hit back hard from defeat last year and almost took out djokovic at the beginning of the year in one of the greatest AO finals ever.......i thought he deserved such a sig after such effort........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2012, 02:15:44 PM »
c'mon Mahut fight!!! I also like petzschner  :Confused:

Glad that Karlovic lost  ;-() and thrilled with Berdych straights!
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2012, 02:22:20 PM »

we all know what happened to soderling's career after that........meaningless hate only comes back to bite you in the arse and it is proven in most nadal haters' cases.........

Come on, it wasn't all hype about Soderling. He came back the next year and beat Federer in the quarters! And he is the 3rd best indoor player of this era. Give him some respect!

Only you can talk trash about a player when he is injured and hasn't been able to play for an entire year..  :mad1:

3rd best indoor player? no way, there are many better players than him indoors........beating nadal in 2009 was a fluke because nadal couldn't run that day........if not soderling, davydenko would have taken rafa out in the next round.......then these haters would have praised kolya until he retires from sport.......

i thought soda actually played better in 2010 without bending down to his master........it's not about respect, it's just about stating it like what it really is........soderling is superior to rosol by a big margin but both wins were flukes........

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2012, 02:24:21 PM »

berdych doesn't like federer........he thrashed that 11 year old fedtard........

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2012, 02:27:03 PM »

berdych doesn't like federer........he thrashed that 11 year old fedtard........

hah wait what? didn't get that one  :)

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2012, 02:33:50 PM »
wow Dave just can't get a fing break!

Nalbandian out of USO!  :mad1: :mad1:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2012, 02:37:57 PM »

i meant goffin(11 yr ol fedtard).......

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2012, 02:53:16 PM »

i meant goffin(11 yr ol fedtard).......

oh ok  :))

but goffin is not really 'weaponless' you know  :)

TOMMY HAAS

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2012, 03:20:17 PM »
Karlovic lost....

I was wondering what that noise was I heard earlier today...
It was the collective sigh of relief from the players in that section of the draw... :) :)
Nobody wants to play that guy...
He never is a threat to win a major, or even go deep, but he always has "upset potential"

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2012, 03:24:54 PM »
alex, you are just too kind to djokovic........how funny you forget so quickly his wimbledon semis loss, olympic semis loss, cincinnatti loss and surrendering his no.1 so easily........i am just criticizing djokovic for his recent chicken arse performances, not hating him........he is just not the same force in nadal's absence........

about my sig, i put that after nadal hit back hard from defeat last year and almost took out djokovic at the beginning of the year in one of the greatest AO finals ever.......i thought he deserved such a sig after such effort........
I'm not too kind to Nole at all. If he was smart enough to play a one MM 250 tourny he would be still #1. sorry I might have misread your post but it seemed to be a bit malicious. I love Novak but please I'm not Dallas who can't live without Federer  :rofl_2: (oops, love picking on Lady Dallaserer)  :))

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2012, 03:45:52 PM »

3rd best indoor player? no way, there are many better players than him indoors........beating nadal in 2009 was a fluke because nadal couldn't run that day........if not soderling, davydenko would have taken rafa out in the next round.......then these haters would have praised kolya until he retires from sport.......

i thought soda actually played better in 2010 without bending down to his master........it's not about respect, it's just about stating it like what it really is........soderling is superior to rosol by a big margin but both wins were flukes........

Always check the facts before making statements like that.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2011/10/Features/FedEx-Reliability-Career-Indoor-Records.aspx

Three current ATP World Tour stars -- Swiss Roger Federer (No. 6), Scot Andy Murray (No. 8) and Swede Robin Soderling (No. 11) -- all rank highly in the all-time indoor list, according to the FedEx ATP Reliability Index.

So yeah, he is the 3rd best indoor player of this era.

But no, for you, the facts just don't matter!!!  :rofl_2:

I'd suggest you watch that match once again. Rafa ran a lot that day, and Soderling made him run. Once you are on the court to play, no excuses. If he wasn't fit, he shouldn't have played.

Seriously, sometimes I just don't understand guys like you. Every loss of Rafa is attributed to injury or fatigue. Newsflash: he is human, just like you and me. He will have a bad day, once in a while. It's natural! 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:49:45 PM by oracle86 »
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal