Author Topic: OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)  (Read 27227 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)
« Reply #280 on: September 03, 2012, 01:48:29 PM »
this us open is the most boring slam in some years........hopefully juan martin dp ups the ante and decides to win the title OR murray stays stubborn and grinds all the way to victory to make the tournament exciting........any other occurrence would be awfully boring........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)
« Reply #281 on: September 03, 2012, 01:52:25 PM »
this us open is the most boring slam in some years........hopefully juan martin dp ups the ante and decides to win the title OR murray stays stubborn and grinds all the way to victory to make the tournament exciting........any other occurrence would be awfully boring........

It hasn't been boring to me at all!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #282 on: September 03, 2012, 02:01:42 PM »

i don't know it's not been the same........nadal's absence is one thing but even then the matches seem dull and very straight forward for most players........it is almost looking like lesser ranked players are there only to sacrifice for the top guns........they are not allowed to beat them........i hope berdych and del potro liven up this tournament........the only two players who don't care who's on the other side of the net........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #283 on: September 03, 2012, 02:03:15 PM »
you can only speak for yourself shanks, imo this USO has been amazing even Tommy got knocked out in 1st round, which was obviously very frustrating for me.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #284 on: September 03, 2012, 02:03:51 PM »
Cilic and Klizan up next. Never heard of Klizan.

But Cilic has played 14 sets already and Klizan has played only 10.

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #285 on: September 03, 2012, 02:07:44 PM »
He's just pissed because his 26 yr old hero is back on his island, icing his ailing knees, while 30 year olds are still mixing it up....

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #286 on: September 03, 2012, 02:16:18 PM »
I hope thats not the case, because I wouldn't dare to call it boring only because my fave player is injured.
In that case I would have called many years in tennis to be boring  :)

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #287 on: September 03, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »

i don't know it's not been the same........nadal's absence is one thing but even then the matches seem dull and very straight forward for most players........it is almost looking like lesser ranked players are there only to sacrifice for the top guns........they are not allowed to beat them........i hope berdych and del potro liven up this tournament........the only two players who don't care who's on the other side of the net........

Been good for me.  And it's just week 1!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #288 on: September 03, 2012, 03:34:58 PM »
Hope Kohli can upset Isner tonight...
You got your wish, Oracle86!   Isner seems like a nice chap, but I'm not enamoured of his tennis. Kohlshreiber, though plays a beautiful game & I'm pleased to see him prevail. 

Almagro  out too, Berdych making lighter work of it than he has been doing of late. 

Poor Fish - I've not read why he's pulled out, but I hope he's okay. What a bummer to have to withdraw.  Nice rest for Federer, though.

As for now, Cilic playing well & is a set up, but Klizan up a break in the second.    About to be broken back with some nice play by Cilic. Painting the lines.  MK fighting to hold, though.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 03:38:19 PM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #289 on: September 03, 2012, 04:33:09 PM »

Heh?

10 matches have seen a winner come back from 0-2 sets and, well, we're not keeping count of those who trailed 1-2 and came back to win; Kohi was the most recent, there.

The problem with tennis in general is that 90% of the TV matches suck because the seeds are protected until the weekend, and the networks are obligated to show terrible early round match ups that include terrible women's matches. And if Rafa was here, it would be 3 more terrible televised matches. It's always been that way. This year is not exceptional.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 05:48:07 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #290 on: September 03, 2012, 09:35:16 PM »
Andy Murray play like a number 3 in the world against Milos Raonic ranked number 15.  Andy return of serve neutralized Milos high impact serves and Milos lack of ground stroke duration finished any chances of Milos being a contender this year.  Straight set finish: 6-4, 6-4, 6-2. 

Commentators called Ivan Lendl - "Mean Machine".
Credits Lendl for Murrays winning ways too!

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #291 on: September 03, 2012, 10:18:54 PM »

Who care your comment?

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #292 on: September 03, 2012, 11:24:33 PM »
Shankar just doesn't want Federer winning another slam and putting Nadal's hopes of EVER surpassing Maestro to rest forever.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Re: OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)
« Reply #293 on: September 04, 2012, 01:33:23 AM »
Andy Murray play like a number 3 in the world against Milos Raonic ranked number 15.  Andy return of serve neutralized Milos high impact serves and Milos lack of ground stroke duration finished any chances of Milos being a contender this year.  Straight set finish: 6-4, 6-4, 6-2. 

Commentators called Ivan Lendl - "Mean Machine".
Credits Lendl for Murrays winning ways too!

Wow. #15 totally out classed by Murray. Though Almagro hasn't been 100% since injuring his shoulder at the Olympics, Berdych just blasted him off the court.

Good showing for Almagro. Career best result on a surface he only recently gained confidence on.

Best match of the day was Errani-Kerber :/
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 01:45:38 AM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #294 on: September 04, 2012, 02:57:50 AM »
Berdych might give Federer hard time. It will depend how well Berdych play in the match. He has to cut down unforced errors.

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #295 on: September 04, 2012, 10:04:17 AM »
Berdych might give Federer hard time. It will depend how well Berdych play in the match. He has to cut down unforced errors.
Yes indeed, Williamchung7.  This could be a cracking match if they both play well. 

Here is the schedule for today :

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/index.html?promo=subnav

There should be some excellent tennis today.  I'm looking forward to the Del Potro / Roddick & Ferrer / Gasquet matches.

I hope the Djokovic / Wawrinka is well contested. 

Harry Wild - It was a no-brainer that Murray would beat Raonic. From what I can tell of MR's game, he has a superb serve but little else. His footwork leaves a lot to be desired & more variety in his game is a must if he wants to realise his potential. Murray, with his return of serve, superior all court game & much improved serve was bound to win.   

I must say though that whilst AM played very well, I found his on court behaviour  strange & unimpressive.  All that huffing / muttering/ gesticulating etc. And his reactions to MR losing a point.  This was a youngster outclassed, there was no need for these dramatics, in my view.   
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:16:16 AM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #296 on: September 04, 2012, 11:00:39 AM »
I just actually might pull for Berdych in this one.
What can I say, I like them both, but Berdych is the one that needs it more.

Watching him going out like that at Wimbly and Olympics was just painful.

Well should be a great match if Berdych keeps his head in the match..

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #297 on: September 04, 2012, 12:07:33 PM »
you can only speak for yourself shanks, imo this USO has been amazing even Tommy got knocked out in 1st round, which was obviously very frustrating for me.

Been good for me.  And it's just week 1!

Heh?

10 matches have seen a winner come back from 0-2 sets and, well, we're not keeping count of those who trailed 1-2 and came back to win; Kohi was the most recent, there.

The problem with tennis in general is that 90% of the TV matches suck because the seeds are protected until the weekend, and the networks are obligated to show terrible early round match ups that include terrible women's matches. And if Rafa was here, it would be 3 more terrible televised matches. It's always been that way. This year is not exceptional.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/tennis/la-sp-dwyre-us-open-20120830,0,7473489.column

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #298 on: September 04, 2012, 12:16:29 PM »
Rain early at the US Open.  But right now, Ferrer (the person who gets no respect) is up a break on Gasquet in the first set.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #299 on: September 04, 2012, 12:21:30 PM »
couldn't care less what journalists think.

Does it feel a bit boring TO ME because Haas was knocked out in 1st Round? Yes. But saying it is boring in general is nonsense.

I've enjoyed it so far, Kohli beating Isner was a treat to my eyes, great run by Gasquet and Berdych. Sweet cruising mode for Wawrinka.

Lotsa great matchups to follow, at least in my eyes.

But I can see you are finally getting cracked up by Nadal's time of the courts, saying the tour is boring wthout him.

I warned you multiple times not to insult players who can't stay healthy(last time I remember DelPo in his own thread)

There's no harder thing in tennis than not watching your fave player play.

TOMMY HAAS