Author Topic: OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)  (Read 31026 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: Re: OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)
« Reply #320 on: September 04, 2012, 11:58:33 PM »
I just hate this stupid rain crap. Fed got lucky again and again by that walkover. Nole is screwed again (happened at RG too), not sure he'll even play tonight. they say it will rain tomorrow all day long. so, you'll have super rested guys and the other ones who might need to play 3/4 days in a raw. just retarded.

build another freaking stadium if you can't figure out how get the roof done on Ashe. I'm so mad about all of this.

Federer was touched by the hand of God himself in more ways than one. So Nole and Delpo already had to play more matches in fewer days. Now this!

:lmao!:

Let's pray for another Monday final.  :Amen:

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
Babs, in any sport all players should have an equal opportunity and it really pisses me off that this USO is turning into a major disaster. You can't play 2 matches at GS in a day. Apparently it is going to rain all day long tomorrow too. So, how are they going to finish these matches?

You guys live in the richest country in the world and God knows how much money is being generated every year at the USO ... yet they can't built a freaking roof or even  build a new Ash stadium.

yeah, we may have another final on Monday, just not sure which Monday, maybe in 3 weeks.  :mad1:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #321 on: September 05, 2012, 12:02:38 AM »
Everyone, hold on to yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!

The final will be Tuesday.

Alright?

Breathe 

:PHEW:)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:03:16 AM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #322 on: September 05, 2012, 12:13:23 AM »

You guys live in the richest country in the world and God knows how much money is being generated every year at the USO ... yet they can't built a freaking roof or even  build a new Ash stadium.

Firstly, the US government doesn't front money to the US Open as the federal governments do in Australia and France. I'm not sure about Wimbledon, GBY can probably help here.

Secondly, the US Open has begun a renovation project that will exceed one-half billion USD. Yes, the USTA has money, and it is spending it wisely now. It's going to be awesome when it's done!

I can't wait!!  :trampoline:

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:15:08 AM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #323 on: September 05, 2012, 02:39:30 AM »
I just hate this stupid rain crap. Fed got lucky again and again by that walkover. Nole is screwed again (happened at RG too), not sure he'll even play tonight. they say it will rain tomorrow all day long. so, you'll have super rested guys and the other ones who might need to play 3/4 days in a raw. just retarded.

build another freaking stadium if you can't figure out how get the roof done on Ashe. I'm so mad about all of this.

Federer was touched by the hand of God himself in more ways than one. So Nole and Delpo already had to play more matches in fewer days. Now this!

:lmao!:

Let's pray for another Monday final.  :Amen:

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
Babs, in any sport all players should have an equal opportunity and it really pisses me off that this USO is turning into a major disaster. You can't play 2 matches at GS in a day. Apparently it is going to rain all day long tomorrow too. So, how are they going to finish these matches?

yeah, we may have another final on Monday, just not sure which Monday, maybe in 3 weeks.  :mad1:

Add a roof on to a stadium is very expensive option.  Alway with the roof; you have to keep the maintenance up too which is custom parts that have to be machined.  Sort of like the Department of Defense hammer that cost $500 for one!

So I can see why a roof would not be practical given the cost!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)
« Reply #324 on: September 05, 2012, 03:13:40 AM »
they always manage to protect their money child........pretty much at every slam........when he was no.2, they used to put the no.2 seed in the top half and no.1 in the bottom........now that he is back to no.1, they put no.1 in top half........just amazing stuff........so any rain delays, they are only going to disturb other players........

i will say this again........federer was for once in his life handed a 4 and half hour semifinal by an opponent before a best of 5 sets final and he got thrashed in the final........din't recover for the final even with an off day between semis and finals........us open particularly just care for their tv ratings and already with nadal out, losing federer would be a blow as well.........so all the donkey work has to be done by djokovic and del potro.........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #325 on: September 05, 2012, 05:41:36 AM »

Firstly, the US government doesn't front money to the US Open as the federal governments do in Australia and France. I'm not sure about Wimbledon, GBY can probably help here.

Secondly, the US Open has begun a renovation project that will exceed one-half billion USD. Yes, the USTA has money, and it is spending it wisely now. It's going to be awesome when it's done!

Heh heh hehhhh :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #326 on: September 05, 2012, 05:51:50 AM »
they always manage to protect their money child........pretty much at every slam........when he was no.2, they used to put the no.2 seed in the top half and no.1 in the bottom........now that he is back to no.1, they put no.1 in top half........just amazing stuff........so any rain delays, they are only going to disturb other players........

When did this happen?
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #327 on: September 05, 2012, 05:51:59 AM »

Interesting comment this Alex. You omit to mention the "cakewalk" draw ( your words when applied to others - Federer in particular) that Djokovic has had in the USO this year.  Do you complain when Djokovic has a walkover?   and I think that lack of match play is against Federer's best interests - Berdych is a strong opponent. So your cosy scenario of Federer sitting with his feet up, whislt  poor Djokovic sweating away is a figment of your biased imagination.

The rain will affect everyone.  Those who could have played earlier today, will be pushed back to late matches & may not be able to play. In other words, those who didn't play yesterday will be prioritised & rightly so.   The most likely scenario as others have said, is that the final will have to be delayed. So what?  If a revised schedule is to be fair, pushing back the days makes sense. That way, no player will have to play more matches.   

And this is obviously about all players & the inconvenience to them. Not just Federer / Djokovic / Del Potro etc. 

START DA GAME  -  your constant harping on about Nadal, his beating Federer etc is beyond pathetic.  You are writing on a tennis board, where no one will be unaware of the record between Federer / Nadal.  Your man's record is just an incredible one and one which elicits the respect of all tennis lovers.  Certainly, it does mine.  What then is the need for these ramblings that are gratuitously aggressive & offensive?  And actually, as Nadal isn't playing the USO bringing him up ad nauseam is irrelevant.  And your conspiracy theories, amusing though they are, are tedious.

Actually, I think I'll play this game. This board loves it - when in Rome & all that.......

I think it is just superb that Federer is mollycoddled by all these tournaments!   Added to his luck and God Given talents ( which other players would sell their granny for!!  :rofl_2:   )     he really does get the very best of everything. Thank the stars that he is sooooo lucky.   Even the great Nadal took almost 5 hours and the twilight darkness to squeeze past him at Wimbledon 2008.  One wonders when reading the likes of Start Da Game  why, given that he thinks Federer is so useless, it took Nadal that long to win that match?????   :rofl_2:  I think on that occasion, the organisers failed to mollycoddle Federer sufficiently well.  Personally, I think Federer should sue them.

Unbelievable, the comments of some.

Carpe Diem

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #328 on: September 05, 2012, 06:07:32 AM »

Babblelot,  here is a piece from the Wimbledon Website :

Finance

"Funds generated by The Championships, less tax, are used by the LTA to develop tennis in Great Britain.

In December 2008, the Club and the LTA agreed that the LTA to benefit from receiving 90 per cent of any distributable financial surplus resulting from The Championships until at least 2053.

AELTC to acquire the LTA's 50 per cent share of ownership in All England Lawn Tennis Ground plc (the company which owns the Wimbledon tennis site and facilities). Capital will therefore become freed up in 2013 for the LTA to invest in British tennis and its facilities at all levels.

For AELTC, who originally gave this 50 per cent shareholding to the LTA in 1934, the transaction returns to the Club full ownership and control of the site, enabling it to continue its central objective to maintain The Championships as the premier tennis event in the world, with facilities to match."

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/about_aeltc/201205091336574569863.html

It is my understanding that the owners of the All England Lawn Tennis Club generate income via TV rights, Corporate contracts & sponsorship & ticket sales, and this funds the Wimbledon Championships.  There is no government funding.   
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:08:22 AM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #329 on: September 05, 2012, 06:16:15 AM »
Great comments from GDB.  :)

As a spectator, I really like to watch a match from start to finish and to observe the changes in momentum and strategy as it moves along. Rain breaks change all that and introduce a large and random extraneous element along with schedule changes, which tip the board to one or another player in the tournament. This is one of the reasons why I am attracted to attend those tournaments that feature retractable roofs  (e.g. the AO!).

The rain breaks are extremely irritating to the on-site spectator who never knows what is going to happpen. At Cincy for me this was mitigated by having the motel within 15 minutes walk, 10 minutes drive, of the tennis center. I also learned to take my Kindle and IPod along to fill out the long spaces.

One instance that I remember very vividly was at the Legg Mason here  last year when Monfils was forced to play a semifinal match against Isner that, because of a rain delay, went on until after midnight. He won that one, but played badly in the final against Stepanek the next day and unsurprisingly lost  :( .
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:49:54 AM by euroka1 »

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #330 on: September 05, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »
^^^ I agree, Euroka1  - the disruption causes inconvenience at the very least, for all concerned. No matter how experienced the player, the interference with momentum ./ focus could be detrimental.    It can't be conducive to best performance when players don't know if they will play or not, and in this regard I agree with those who advocate better preparation by the tournaments.   But these are outdoor events. I'd prefer to see sensible changes to the schedule to accommodate bad weather, than rooves built only on some courts.   
Friends of mine who are in NY for the USO have had to re-organise their plans in order to ensure they can get to see the players they want to see play, & had to incur extra expense as a result.  It hits at every level.

The next tournaments I am planning to go to are Paris - Bercy & the WTF in London.  Both indoors, so I won't be packing my umbrella!!

Anyway, for what it's worth given the weather, here is today's draw:

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/index.html?promo=topnav
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:27:55 AM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)
« Reply #331 on: September 05, 2012, 09:31:20 AM »
Wow - some comments here are so funny! Some of you guys are blaming Roger for the walkover. Fish was the one to withdraw. Roger didn't go to Fish and say "hey man, I need an edge on the rest of these players, so can you just quit the tournament right now?". Lol

Also someone mentioned when Roger was #2 he was placed at the top of the draw. Check your facts - #1 is ALWAYS placed at the top. #2 always at the bottom. It's not done by "names" but by seeds.

And it's amazing that it is always Roger others are complaining about always getting a break. Never Novak, never Murray, never Nadal, Delpo or anyone else. So these players NEVER gets breaks, lucky, the fates of the gods, anything??? You mean everyone else wins matches and tournaments based on their great tennis - but Roger can only win when he gets "help"? Wow! Lol

Well, as a Federer fan - I say - keep the fate, luck, breaks, gods, weather, other players who want him to win by withdrawing, and anything else - I say keep 'em coming!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #332 on: September 05, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »
shanks, I just can't believe you are being serious about this conspiracy theory?? I'm sure you will accuse me of being a Fed fan again, rather than a Haas fan  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:  but man you really need to get your facts right!

As a matter of fact, I haven't watched Fed's single game this USO, and will root for Berdych in next one. Thats how of Fed fan I am  ..-) ..-)

#1 seed is ALWAYS placed at the top of the draw. Even Nadal's withdrawal at Wimbly '09 didn't change that fact, Fed still stayed at the bottom as #2 seed.

Man, your posts used to be so fun to read, coming from true Nadal supporter. Now, you are just hating on everything that does 'favor' Roger, whether he likes it or not.

Btw I'm just being realistic, and yet you are trolling with your weird conspiracy theories.
If you want to be taken seriously, at least get your facts right. And give us old shanks back pls  :innocent:

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:02:22 AM by Lugburz »
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #333 on: September 05, 2012, 10:17:09 AM »
The draw comment is really hard to get away. The reason is fans support their players and will look their favourite player's draw in big tournament. And haven't said there is possibility make up draw..... :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:23:25 PM by williamchung7 »

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #334 on: September 05, 2012, 10:21:06 AM »
this us open is the most boring slam in some years........
What's even more boring is your constant whining about how Nadal's losses are always due to injury, favoritism towards Fed and other players by the tournament organizers, et., etc., i.e , the global conspiracy to hinder Nadal...

Dude, get over it, he's not here this year, and there's nothing you and anybody else can do to change it....

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #335 on: September 05, 2012, 11:00:52 AM »
why federer is never victimized for rain delays is very obvious........there is nothing more to discuss here........i still remember how they reversed the semifinal schedule in 2008 to accommodate federer/djokovic on that rainy saturday and nadal/murray on sunday so that the winner of nadal/murray semis shows up dead for the final on monday........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #336 on: September 05, 2012, 11:15:16 AM »
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/video/05092012/58/tennis-legends-discuss-open.html

rare interview of Ivan Lendl :) by Mats Wilander

(if video is "not available" for your country - use German proxy (46.4.126.109  3128    -working one)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #337 on: September 05, 2012, 11:49:38 AM »
why federer is never victimized for rain delays is very obvious........there is nothing more to discuss here........i still remember how they reversed the semifinal schedule in 2008 to accommodate federer/djokovic on that rainy saturday and nadal/murray on sunday so that the winner of nadal/murray semis shows up dead for the final on monday........

Because God favors him? :innocent: :rofl_2: 

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #338 on: September 05, 2012, 11:56:34 AM »
I do recall past walkovers and rain delays -- like anything else, Roger handles time off better than anyone else on the tour. I attribute rain delays merely to good fortune/luck. I'll chalk things that are random and out of one's control up to luck.

I know you and sid watch the draw more closely than anyone in the history of man, so Shanks, help yourself out here and explain your "placing Roger in the Top Half" claim. I didn't read your claim as the others did. I read it as, "They switched the OOP." In other words, rather than Roger starting play on Day 2 or whatever the #2 traditionally starts, they had Roger start on Day 1, the day #1 traditional starts. That's the way I understood your comment, and I pretty much recall you harping about it then, too, once the rain came.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #339 on: September 05, 2012, 11:58:36 AM »
Sunshine!!

Sharapova and Bartoli are on court. Play resumes!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:08:17 PM by Babblelot »