Author Topic: OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)  (Read 29506 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)
« Reply #620 on: September 08, 2012, 03:44:11 PM »
what a crazy match. Kudos to both players. this was even tough to watch. Murray, of course more adaptable than Berdych.

I have no clue how is Nole going to play, or let's say, who's this wind is going to favor. Last time he played under condition like this was vs. Roger a couple of years ago, can't remember which tournament (it was a master). he won, but both of them played utter sh!t ... (excuse my French)  :))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:45:24 PM by Alex »

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #621 on: September 08, 2012, 04:02:50 PM »
what a crazy match. Kudos to both players. this was even tough to watch. Murray, of course more adaptable than Berdych.

I have no clue how is Nole going to play, or let's say, who's this wind is going to favor. Last time he played under condition like this was vs. Roger a couple of years ago, can't remember which tournament (it was a master). he won, but both of them played utter sh!t ... (excuse my French)  :))

Like you Alex with nole,i remember a masters tournament like this when Andy lost to nadal in the final.All you can do is hope your fav wins in this incredible wind,it's not easy for any pro m8.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)
« Reply #622 on: September 08, 2012, 04:21:17 PM »
Another suspension - they will finish the 2nd SF tomorrow and the final AGAIN on Monday. They may as well just schedule the final on a Monday permanently!

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #623 on: September 08, 2012, 04:29:23 PM »
That's a real mixup.  :crazy:

As said many times  before. It's hard on both the players and the fans and the outcome of the matches becomes subject to random chance.

They do things better in Melbourne and at Wimbledon.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Re: OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)
« Reply #624 on: September 08, 2012, 05:23:39 PM »
Another suspension - they will finish the 2nd SF tomorrow and the final AGAIN on Monday. They may as well just schedule the final on a Monday permanently!

Sweet! I can watch Day Bears live Sunday and the final live Monday.

Winning!!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 05:24:16 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #625 on: September 08, 2012, 06:32:13 PM »
Major bummer for Ferrer....
He was dealing much better with the conditions than Novak...

Forecast for tomorrow is petfect, 78 deg, winds around 13 mph...
Novak might still lose the 1 st, but will then turn things around quickly.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #626 on: September 08, 2012, 06:43:13 PM »
Major bummer for Ferrer....
He was dealing much better with the conditions than Novak...

Forecast for tomorrow is petfect, 78 deg, winds around 13 mph...
Novak might still lose the 1 st, but will then turn things around quickly.

Playing tomorrow might work the other way,Ferrer did have to play 5 sets v Tipsarevic.I think it will end up a Murray Nole final,but it might take Nole 5 sets to kill off Ferrer.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #627 on: September 08, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »
I am cheering for Murray to win this one. He has made too many GS finals, and deserves one soon. I am sure Novak has something to say about it though (assuming he beats ferrer tomorrow)

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #628 on: September 08, 2012, 07:22:11 PM »
for me djoper is still clear favorite, but for Murray this is "must win" situation: no Nadal, no Roger , no Excuses
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:46:51 PM by alk11 »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #629 on: September 08, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »
I'm still pissed that Berdych - Murray match wasn't suspended as well. It was just horrid tennis with absurd wind conditions.
When was the last time that both chairs with rackets were blown away by wind?
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #630 on: September 08, 2012, 07:37:34 PM »
I'm still pissed that Berdych - Murray match wasn't suspended as well. It was just horrid tennis with absurd wind conditions.
When was the last time that both chairs with rackets were blown away by wind?

Murray lost a Masters final to Nadal a few years back with wind as bad,Nadal used lots of topspin when he beat Murray.I think Murray had that to fall back on today & maybe that loss helped him.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #631 on: September 08, 2012, 07:42:05 PM »
I'm not taking anything away from Murray, but that was the worst wind condition in a tennis match I've seen in a while.
I will say it again, the match should have been suspended because it was ridiculous tennis at times.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #632 on: September 09, 2012, 06:35:51 AM »
I'm not taking anything away from Murray, but that was the worst wind condition in a tennis match I've seen in a while.
I will say it again, the match should have been suspended because it was ridiculous tennis at times.

Wind was not good,but it's the same for both tennis players.In the last 3 sets Murray made only 9 UF errors,birdman had loads of UF errors 64 of them.Murray mastered the wind birdman did not.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #633 on: September 09, 2012, 07:24:03 AM »

Wind was not good,but it's the same for both tennis players.In the last 3 sets Murray made only 9 UF errors,birdman had loads of UF errors 64 of them.Murray mastered the wind birdman did not.

Yup, you have to play with the conditions at hand, Murray did a better job.  It favored Murray for sure as he is the steadier player, just like it was favoring Ferrer over Djokovic.  Tough match for sure.  Murray is lucky it did not go 5!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #634 on: September 09, 2012, 07:45:33 AM »
Hoping Djokovic wins today.

If Murray wins it all without going through any of Fed, Nadal and Djokovic then many will bring it up later.

C'mon Djokovic!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #635 on: September 09, 2012, 08:17:43 AM »
There's really nothing to 'bring up' if the other fellas can't get the job done and make it to the final.  Excuses like that are for fan boys.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #636 on: September 09, 2012, 08:42:53 AM »

If Murray wins it all without going through any of Fed, Nadal and Djokovic then many will bring it up later.

C'mon Djokovic!!!

Well don't you know that without Nadal in the tournament you have to place an "asterisks" next to the winner name.   :rofl_2:
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #637 on: September 09, 2012, 10:21:45 AM »
There's really nothing to 'bring up' if the other fellas can't get the job done and make it to the final.  Excuses like that are for fan boys.

You're right but you know how things go with excuses.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (MEN)
« Reply #638 on: September 09, 2012, 10:25:31 AM »

Agree!  I thought it was fascinating to see how they responded.  My summary to tennis buddies this morning was:  I watched a match pitting a tennis player against a guy with a couple of tennis skills.  I love watching Murray like that - he looked totally comfortable.

I know Luggy didn't like it too much, but it reminds me a bit of major golf championships.  Anyone ever seen the British Open on one of the ocean courses when the weather turns?  Yeah it's tough but watching these guys handle the elements is inspiring-they are truly masters of their art.  Part of what made yesterday tough was how poorly Berdych handled it.  I was also surprised how poorly Dioker handled it, though I suspect he would've turned it around - his game should be able to accommodate it.  I was sorry to see the 2nd semi get shut down, given how much trouble Ferrer was giving him.
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #639 on: September 09, 2012, 10:34:21 AM »

C'mon Djokovic!!!

Olympics tennis gold,2 slam finals & SF @ Ozz,i think that says it all in one year Swish.So whatever happens in the final it's been a good year for Murray.Ferrer took the first set but is a break down in second set.