Author Topic: OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (WOMEN)  (Read 8546 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (WOMEN)
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 06:03:14 PM »
finally saw a great match. So happy for Robson who played out of her mind,  and so sad for Kim who is retiring  :(. I happened to see the match because it was on TV (tired of live streams) but it was really worth it.

Have fun Kim.

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 06:33:28 PM »
finally saw a great match. So happy for Robson who played out of her mind,  and so sad for Kim who is retiring  :(. I happened to see the match because it was on TV (tired of live streams) but it was really worth it.

Have fun Kim.

Nice comment, Alex.  I watched this match too, as I am supporting Laura Robson.  It was an outstanding performance by LR. Kim Clijsters  gave it her best shot, but LR kept focused & had an answer for anything KC could throw at her.   I'm delighted to see LR play well here, looking confident. Congratulations to her to get through a tough opponent. 

KC is a wonderful champion of the women's game & I too felt sad to see her go out. But she did her best - losing in tie breakers & giving it all she had.   She can leave the game knowing she has achieved great success after a comeback.  Good luck to her in her future life with her family.

I also watched a bit of the Williams sisters doubles match. SW seemed to require attention to her left lower leg, which was in a bandage. I hope she is okay.

Carpe Diem

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 07:11:47 PM »
GB, it was one of the best matches I've seen on the WTA tour this year. very competitive and  Robson was on fire. really nothing Kim could do, although she threw out everything at Robson.

However if Robson can't back up this great win in the next round, it would be horrible' ... She is very talented and I'm trying to get back watching girls. I'm still trying to pick up a favorite one. Robson is a good candidate  :)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 10:27:52 PM »
Great for Robson. I know Clijsters has been playing poorly but I  really didn't see this coming. Best thing that happened to the women so far. Otherwise, the women don't belong on featue courts.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 02:06:59 AM »
It is kind of a shock to see Laura Robson 18 years old of Great Britain defeat Clisters in the 2nd round of the U.S. Open.  My guess is she will comeback in 2 years and do it all again! 

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 07:52:55 PM »
This is the bad tennis thread.

Go Angelique!!!
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 10:04:46 PM »
This is the bad tennis thread.

Go Angelique!!!

Venus not making her work much.  6-2, 5-4 and she has hit about 35 errors.  Yikes!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 12:35:36 AM »
we have 1700 posts in the 'guys thread' and barely 300 here. that just tells me again how sad the state of the WTA is. 

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 02:18:24 AM »
Venus Grinded angelique till the very end..but still couldn't make it..
Inspite of the numerous errors, it was a decent match ..
 :)
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 01:12:50 PM »
we have 1700 posts in the 'guys thread' and barely 300 here. that just tells me again how sad the state of the WTA is.

alex you should register an account at tennis forum to see the real power of women's tennis.......that forum completely sweeps every men's forum as far as activity is concerned........tennis has great appeal on the women's side and women tend to play more aggressively as well which appeals more to the average joe........

i still don't believe that they should be paid equally but i am starting to believe that they have a point when they say pays should be decided based on what they generate for ITF comparatively with men........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2012, 03:36:07 PM »

alex you should register an account at tennis forum to see the real power of women's tennis.......that forum completely sweeps every men's forum as far as activity is concerned........tennis has great appeal on the women's side and women tend to play more aggressively as well which appeals more to the average joe........

i still don't believe that they should be paid equally but i am starting to believe that they have a point when they say pays should be decided based on what they generate for ITF comparatively with men........
shank, I know about that forum, but never bothered to register because I follow the WTA very casually. the fact is women tend to talk to much, that's why that forum is very popular  :whistle:.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. OPEN (WOMEN)
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 05:35:08 PM »

shank, I know about that forum, but never bothered to register because I follow the WTA very casually. the fact is women tend to talk to much, that's why that forum is very popular  :whistle:.

Are you saying women talk too much??? Lol! Well I might have to check that forum out too!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2012, 05:38:18 PM »

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2012, 06:09:56 PM »
Well, I'm just delighted for Laura Robson!! She beat Na Li in 3 sets! I'm not proclaiming her the best thing since sliced bread - yet - but this is impressive. well done to her.

And I'm pleased to see Clijsters playing mixed doubles with one of the Bryans - Bob, if I remember correctly.   I hope they win the title. 

As expected, the Williams sisters are sailing on in the women's doubles.  Also as expected, Venus Williams is out early. I didn't think she'd make it.  I've only just realised that C. Wozniaki was out pretty quickly again. I saw the match when she went out early at Wimbledon.  I can't help feeling sorry for her.   

Carpe Diem

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2012, 07:21:24 PM »
I don't feel sorry for Caroline. She had her day in the sun all that time when she was no. 1...I didn't think she was the best player, but she knew how to pay the system and she got the max out of it and her game. Now the rankings reflect where her game really is!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2012, 07:30:32 PM »

Are you saying women talk too much??? Lol! Well I might have to check that forum out too!!

You should check it out, you'd fit very well there  :)~. You are rich and retired so you might have some fun  :). The problem is you won't be able to talk about Federer so you'll probably just get bored  :)).
If you are really interested here it the link
http://www.tennisforum.com/

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2012, 07:33:01 PM »
I agree on one of the "r's" you listed ....I am Retired!!! But you are right - I do get bored if I can't talk about Roger, but I'll check the link out!

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »
Very interesting match on how to get steam rolled!

Victoria Azarenka (BLR)[1]
vs.
Jie Zheng (CHN)[28]

Poor Jie!  Oh well.  Just some opponents are ment to cream you!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2012, 09:23:59 PM »
Very interesting match on how to get steam rolled!

Victoria Azarenka (BLR)[1]
vs.
Jie Zheng (CHN)[28]

Poor Jie!  Oh well.  Just some opponents are ment to cream you!

I still have 2 of my favorites alive in the women's draw:  Serena and Victoria!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2012, 09:25:52 PM »
I still have 2 of my favorites alive in the women's draw:  Serena and Victoria!

The 2 biggest screamers on the tour, Dallas your taste in women's tennis players is questionable.  :zipped:
Then we will fight in the shade.