Author Topic: Nadal out 2 more months  (Read 2022 times)

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
Re: Nadal out 2 more months
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 02:50:06 AM »
This injure will lead so many consequences for Nadal future. Can he back his A game? Nobody is going to know.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Re: Nadal out 2 more months
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 05:13:28 AM »
those 47 seconds between points will be missed   :gleam:

btw

W2012 final was 50% up in TV ratings (US) vs W2011  :)>>>>

Cinci 2012 had a record breaking attendance

UO few nights ago also had record breaking attendance
Doh! :zipped:

And 100% of tennis fans wanted to see Rafa.

0% of fanboys wanted to see him.

1 idiot made that post.
0% tennis fans want to see 45+ seconds between points.
That's just plain stupid.
If you want to watch people stand around watch a soccer match.
 ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 05:16:02 AM »
relax Babblelot  :)

step away from tennis,

watch a movie..... something you can relate to : The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005)

:\   That was unnecessary, Babbs has been an absolute gentleman on this forum for such a long time. Infact your post was sad to read. I am a Rafa fan and I hate to see him out of the tour for a couple of months more. Looks like you guys like seeing him injured. I would hate this to happen to any athlete.
Early onset Alzheimer's.
What a shame, so young and intelligent too. :(
Get well soon Falc!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:19:32 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Fedsuperfan

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 05:54:06 AM »
Of course the fanboys/girls who say Nadal fakes injuries when he's losing never feel obligated to eat their words.

A torn patella tendon is just an excuse.

Such classy fans. :good:

was nadal injured when playing Rosol? or Nadal got injured after the match during practice or something?

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 11:13:39 AM »
was nadal injured when playing Rosol? or Nadal got injured after the match during practice or something?
Does it matter ?
It was 2 months ago, it's done.
Nadal will be back, that's for sure..

Question is, will he be back with the same fire, and confidence in his abilities, and in his body ?
I think it's a toss-up.
On the one hand, it could be that he comes storming back, being his old self, and racking up victories.
On the other hand, it could also be that he becomes a bit tentative, after now having have to sit out major tournaments for the second time.
I just imagine, coming back into match play, every time he feels the slightest tweak in his knees, he'll think "oh-oh, here we go again"...
Hopefully, that's not the case, but it could very well be.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 11:37:08 AM »

step away from tennis,

:\   That was unnecessary, Babbs has been an absolute gentleman on this forum for such a long time. Infact your post was sad to read. I am a Rafa fan and I hate to see him out of the tour for a couple of months more. Looks like you guys like seeing him injured. I would hate this to happen to any athlete.
Early onset Alzheimer's.
Get well soon Falc!

He's been good from what I have seen....Early onset of Alzheimers seems to be the case with me otherwise too...my thesis submission is around the corner, and I seem to forget everything else  :rofl_2:

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 11:42:48 AM »
Of course the fanboys/girls who say Nadal fakes injuries when he's losing never feel obligated to eat their words.

he was injured in miami after a brutal physical investment in indian wells singles and doubles plus miami doubles title back to back........he played in pain through out montecarlo, barcelona, madrid, rome and roland garros........his knee was pretty much finished by the end of RG and we know the rest of the story........

nadal doesn't like speaking about injuries even if it is glaringly obvious why he lost.........he gave rosol credit for beating him, just like how he gave credit to soderling in 2009.........

he should be back in full flight for AO........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 12:21:32 PM »

he was injured in miami after a brutal physical investment in indian wells singles and doubles plus miami doubles title back to back........he played in pain through out montecarlo, barcelona, madrid, rome and roland garros........his knee was pretty much finished by the end of RG and we know the rest of the story........

nadal doesn't like speaking about injuries even if it is glaringly obvious why he lost.........he gave rosol credit for beating him, just like how he gave credit to soderling in 2009.........

he should be back in full flight for AO........

As well as he should because Rosol and Soderling played excellent in those 2 matches.  They were more 'hot' than Nadal was "off".

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 12:24:38 PM »

step away from tennis,

Early onset Alzheimer's.
Get well soon Falc!

He's been good from what I have seen....Early onset of Alzheimers seems to be the case with me otherwise too...my thesis submission is around the corner, and I seem to forget everything else  :rofl_2:
Oh he's just fine.
I's teasin'!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 12:28:19 PM »
he could not run to his right all day in that match against soderling........that itself should explain the severity........against rosol he was in a slightly better condition but no where near what he is when he is fit.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 12:35:23 PM »
he could not run to his right all day in that match against soderling........that itself should explain the severity........against rosol he was in a slightly better condition but no where near what he is when he is fit.......

Whether he was 'fit' or not...up to those matches, Nadal didn't have any trouble with his other opponents and still won easily.  If Rosol or Soderling did not play well, Nadal probably would have still won.  So all I'm saying is that these 2 players really raised their games and when you re-watch the matches, it was more a matter of Rosol and Soderling actually WON those matches, rather than Nadal lost them.  (in my opinion). ;-()

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 12:39:49 PM »
the longer he is gone, the harder he will hit back........history suggests so........del potro is not used to playing in pain, nadal is........

I agree, I think when he gets back, he'll get into the rhythm much sooner than most of the guys on the tour.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 05:09:01 PM »
Djokovic destroyed Rafa's knees, he tweaked those tendons pretty damn good.
If Nadal doesn't find a more economic playing style he's doomed, doomed!
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2012, 07:28:29 PM »

Whether he was 'fit' or not...up to those matches, Nadal didn't have any trouble with his other opponents and still won easily.  If Rosol or Soderling did not play well, Nadal probably would have still won.  So all I'm saying is that these 2 players really raised their games and when you re-watch the matches, it was more a matter of Rosol and Soderling actually WON those matches, rather than Nadal lost them.  (in my opinion). ;-()
Rosul played some insane tennis.
Sodman was on fire as well.
I don't think it mattered who they were playing, they were the best man on court that day.  Period.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 07:29:17 PM »
Djokovic destroyed Rafa's knees, he tweaked those tendons pretty damn good.
If Nadal doesn't find a more economic playing style he's doomed, doomed!
Doomed I tell ya, doomed!
CONK da ball!!!