Tennis Discussions > Tennis Polls

Final set Tie-breakers or Not

<< < (3/3)

Babblelot:

--- Quote from: monstertruck on September 07, 2012, 06:32:38 AM ---So yous guys prefer the shootout finish over traditional game play in the name of conservation of energy for the next match?

Sounds like a watering down of the field so weaklings can triumph.

Why not let 'em just play 2 out of 3 sets with TB's and really shorten it up then?

Nay, I shall not venture into that gray area!
Play it out.

"There can be only one!"
The Highlander

--- End quote ---

I'm sayings 4 hours is enough. Are we really getting shorted drama because a match is *only* 4 hours and these guys had 12 games to settle the score already?

These guys play passive tennis which makes it more physical. Physical wussies they are not. They're never going to change. Get them off the court!!

monstertruck:
My point being, if you can't finish a match, you don't deserve to win in some shortened TB format and live to fight another day with more gas in the tank.

Babblelot:

--- Quote from: monstertruck on September 07, 2012, 11:37:27 AM ---My point being, if you can't finish a match, you don't deserve to win in some shortened TB format and live to fight another day with more gas in the tank.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I know that about you. But you're weird.

Alex:
Babs good thread btw. but get something like Nole/Rafa or Nole/Murray and we can watch 12 hours of wonderful tennis  :)). maybe it's not a bad idea. I'd rather have a cup of coffee with Emma so she can gossip about her girlfriends, what they wear, how stupid they bf are etc  :innocent:

monstertruck:

--- Quote from: Babblelot on September 07, 2012, 11:47:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: monstertruck on September 07, 2012, 11:37:27 AM ---My point being, if you can't finish a match, you don't deserve to win in some shortened TB format and live to fight another day with more gas in the tank.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I know that about you. But you're weird.

--- End quote ---
Coming from you that's a compliment, thanks! :))

Isner v. Mahut shortened so one of those lack luster journeyman can advance with energy reserves?   :confused1:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version