Author Topic: Countdown Continues  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: Countdown Continues
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2012, 08:26:36 AM »
hello again sports fans.

let the good times roll.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 02:07:33 PM »
guys,
seriously, we need to somehow get this board to be more active. Lately I feel like it's a private little board and a chit chat between Shank, Dallas, Babs, Herc, Swish, Scott (when he decides to show up  :)~) and myself.

wake up people. this is, by far, the best most civil tennis board in the world.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 10:48:52 AM »
guys,
seriously, we need to somehow get this board to be more active. Lately I feel like it's a private little board and a chit chat between Shank, Dallas, Babs, Herc, Swish, Scott (when he decides to show up  :)~) and myself.

I agree!  Come on people!   :))  Seems like we had more 'activity' when Roger was dominating.  Now that so many people are 'winning'....the interest doesn't seem to be here. :rofl_2:  Where are all those fans of other tennis players?  Come on and post!  Fans of Murray and Novak should be here in bunches.  According to you guys - it's your time to shine!  So come on and POST! :)>>>>

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 03:47:50 PM »
guys,

I agree!  Come on people!   :))  Seems like we had more 'activity' when Roger was dominating.  Now that so many people are 'winning'....the interest doesn't seem to be here. :rofl_2:  Where are all those fans of other tennis players?  Come on and post!  Fans of Murray and Novak should be here in bunches.  According to you guys - it's your time to shine!  So come on and POST! :)>>>>
well couldn't agree more. Not sure where all Nole/Murray fans (meaning Sid, me and Emma  :rofl_2:)are but seriously it's not happening. Even Fed fans are getting lazy. No matter who you love keep posting. I'm even giving up, sometimes I post something and there a couple of days before somebody responds.

Where, the hell, are all Nadal fans? what's wrong with us  :)?  OK, he is injured but still. Where is Conchita? BGT? too many good people being silent or gone.

What about Chris? Kittens was so much fun. I WANT THEM ALL BACK  :)>>>>.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Countdown Continues
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2012, 05:03:40 PM »
If we can't get the old fans back - maybe we can get new ones!!! I, too, miss some of the old fans - but if we can't get them back - we need to just try and move on and find new posters!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2012, 09:21:59 PM »
We have quality posts.

There's nothing to attract new fans, more conflict and trolls are needed.  :rofl_2: 

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2012, 02:45:38 AM »
general alex is right.

how the hell are you going to retain anybody when nobody bothers or cares about going over to the sports bar and at least saying hello to the existing people.

if we dont even bother paying attention to our own then what are those who are visiting this forum to think.

nobody can talk tennis 365 days a year and besides, the slams are over with. and even the season is over with.

go hang out at the sports bar in your spare time and say hello to somebody.

make something happen. its your forum. if you dont care to then nobody else--who is passing by--will care either.

as a matter of fact a number of people have already left. because you did not bother sitting down with for a beer at the sport bar.

we brought a lot of people here. well now a lot of them are gone because very people gave a damn about them.

people want attention. they want to be acknowledged. give it to them and they will return the kindness.

and you might even make a friend in the process. have you ever seen mimi not say hello to everybody when she is at the sports bar. she makes it a point to acknowledge those who are there.

if more people would go over and talk to her once in a while then maybe she would start to feel more commfortable at the general discussion page also.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:48:33 AM by Clay Death »

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 08:41:19 PM »
500000 posts huh? not too shabby guys :)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2012, 05:42:34 AM »
It passed quietly by during the late evening.

Thanks Scooter for 'building it' and providing us with a place to share our love of the game. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2012, 07:49:56 PM »
Finally got there eh?  Schweet!  Thanks everyone!!!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 12:13:39 AM »
we are da best.

da best of the best.

and we rule.  schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:19 AM »
:applause:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2012, 05:11:27 PM »
this forum rocks. :))