Author Topic: MOSELLE OPEN 2012 - ATP 250  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
Re: MOSELLE OPEN 2012 - ATP 250
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 11:06:09 AM »
Real life took me away for a while & I see GM equalised by taking the second set 6-4.  I thought GM was a break down - but it seems not. Going with serve I think - I'm watching this & the Klizan match in St.Pertersburg.  Probably going cross-eyed!  :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:10:00 AM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 11:26:02 AM »
3-3, with PK to serve.  GM served superbly to hold & some excellent, imaginative shot making too.

PK under pressure 15-40. GM played a couple of outstanding passes.  He did well to hold. GM will no doubt regret that opportuniy to break. It could cost him the match.

Well, GM broke at 4-4 & will serve for the match! PK had a poor service game & got punished for it.

GM took it 6-4 in the 3rd set.  Some excellent tennis by both men in a well contested match.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:39:38 AM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 03:38:12 PM »
Tomorrows schedule:

Centre Court Start 2:00 pm

[5] Andreas Seppi (ITA) v [7] Gael Monfils (FRA)

Not Before 3:30 PM

[1] Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) v Ivo Karlovic (CRO) OR Nikolay Davydenko (RUS)

[3] Dustin Brown (GER) / Christopher Kas (GER) v [2] Nicolas Mahut (FRA) / Edouard Roger-Vasselin (FRA)

Karlovic up a set, and they're playing a tb in the second set.
Carpe Diem

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 08:39:47 PM »

I Karlovic
  6 6

N Davydenko (8)
  6 5

Ivo gets bageled.  :scared:

Offline marry

• New Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 06:31:21 AM »
Hello Everyone!
   I am very much Excited about MOSELLE open   and I am  Big fan of Xavier Malisse 
   he play some ground Stroke very well..
Thanks!

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2012, 07:30:04 AM »
Hello Everyone!

Hello, marry.  I've enjoyed the MO too.  Malisse can play very well I agree, but he is out - he lost to Paire. I'm not sure if he is still in the doubles.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 07:44:17 AM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2012, 03:42:39 PM »
Davy gets bageled in the first set then takes the second set before losing the match.  :confused1:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 03:45:02 PM »
Hello Everyone!

Hi marry.  :tounge-smile:

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 06:20:15 PM »
It had looked like a Monfils / Tsonga final prior to the SF's, but Seppi clearly had other ideas!

Tomorrows schedule:

[4] Johan Brunstrom (SWE) / Frederik Nielsen (DEN) v [2] Nicolas Mahut (FRA) / Edouard Roger-Vasselin (FRA)

Not Before 4:00 PM

[1] Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA)  v [5] Andreas Seppi (ITA)
Carpe Diem

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2012, 08:49:44 AM »
Mahut / Roger-Vasselin won the doubles title here 76, 6-4.   The French will have won at least one trophy here & odds are that Tsonga will give them their second one too.   Let's see what Seppi can do.  Good luck to both men - I hope I can watch some of it. 
Carpe Diem

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 09:27:34 AM »
It's early days, but Tsonga broke Seppi to go up 4-1 in the first set. 

Oh! Dear!  AS broken again & JWT serving for the set at 5-1.  Hardly riveting stuff this match so far. I hope AS does better in the second set.

And JWT wins the first set in under 23 mins. 

And AS loses his opening service game in the second set too. JWT serving 1-0 up.    This looks like a two setter as I can't see AS upsetting JWT with this sort of play. And JWT laying better as it goes on.  He's up 2-0, having won the last 7 games.  I'm off.   
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:45:39 AM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 02:59:12 PM »
MOSELLE OPEN 2012
Tsonga Retains Metz Title

Metz, France

by ATP Staff

World No. 6 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga stormed to a repeat victory at the Moselle Open in Metz on Sunday, dismissing Italy’s Andreas Seppi 6-1, 6-2 in just 50 minutes. One year ago, Tsonga had beaten Ivan Ljubicic in the final of this ATP World Tour 250 indoor hard-court tournament.

Victory for Tsonga takes the Frenchman to 2,905 points in the Race For London. Tsonga is currently just within the qualifying positions for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals with four places still up for contention.

Buy Your Tickets To See The Top 8 In London

In an emphatic serving display, the top-seeded Tsonga surrendered just six points behind his delivery and fired seven aces. He converted four of his six break point chances on Seppi’s serve to improve to a 3-1 lead over the Italian in their FedEx ATP Head2Head series.

"I had a complete match with no gaps, as opposed to yesterday," said Tsonga. "Of course, it's a lot easier when I can make a difference in two or three shots. If I had to define this week, I would simply say it was a perfect one."

The 27-year-old Tsonga captured his ninth ATP World Tour title and second of the season, following victory at the QatarExxonMobil Open in Doha in January (d. Monfils). The right-hander, who has a 45-17 match record this year, was also a semi-finalist at Wimbledon (l. to Murray), Marseille (l. to del Potro) and Winston-Salem (l. to Isner).

"This is the first time I have been able to defend a title," said Tsonga. "So it's even more special that it's here at the Moselle Open, where I am the ambassador."

The 28-year-old Seppi was bidding to win his second title of the season after triumphing in Belgrade (d. Paire). He also finished runner-up to Andy Roddick in the Eastbourne final and dropped to a 2-3 mark in ATP World Tour finals. He suffered his 49th loss against a Top 10 player in 55 attempts.

"I want to congratulate Jo because he played too well today," said Seppi. "His serve was impressive and there's very little I could do. Unfortunately, this is the way it goes sometime indoors, matches go by really fast without being able to do anything. It was a great week for me and overall I am happy to have reached the final here."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/09/38/Metz-Sunday-Tsonga-Retains-Title.aspx
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 03:05:24 PM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 03:01:08 PM »
 ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 39
Mahut/Roger-Vasselin Capture Third Title
Doubles 2012

by ATP Staff

French second seeds Nicolas Mahut and Edouard Roger-Vasselin won their third ATP World Tour team title on Sunday as they defeated fourth seeds Johan Brunstrom and Frederik Nielsen 7-6(3), 6-4 in the final of the Moselle Open in Metz.

Mahut and Roger-Vasselin broke serve twice and capitalised on eight double faults from their opponents to claim victory in 85 minutes. The Frenchmen also won their first two titles on home soil, triumphing at the Open Sud de France in Montpellier (d. Hanley/Murray) and the Open 13 in Marseille (d. Brown/Tsonga) earlier in the season.

The 30-year-old Mahut won his sixth ATP World Tour doubles title in 10 finals, while the 28-year-old Roger-Vasselin improved to a perfect 3-0 mark in finals.

“It is fantastic to win here again; it was the first tournament I won in 2003 [w/ Julien Benneteau], and I believe I came back every year since then,” said Mahut. “We had again a great week with Edouard. We dropped only one set all week, and after winning in Montpellier and Marseille, we are proving to be a very solid team and it’s a pleasure to lift a third title in France this year.”

“I am delighted to be able to win here in Metz; each time I come here the organisation makes me feel like at home,” said Roger-Vasselin. “It was again a great week with Nicolas. It’s a pity we don’t get to play more together because I really think we could have a shot at qualifying for the [Barclays ATP World Tour] Finals.”

Sweden’s Brunstrom dropped to a 1-10 record in finals, with his lone title coming two years ago in Gstaad (w/ Nieminen). Nielsen of Denmark was contesting just his second tour-level final, having won his first title in spectacular fashion with Jonathan Marray at Wimbledon. 

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/09/38/Doubles-Metz-Sunday.aspx
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 03:04:14 PM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem