Author Topic: Emma, is this you?  (Read 6008 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: Emma, is this you?
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2013, 02:47:09 PM »
Alex, you need to behave or else.
sorry hun, couldn't help it. it was too tempting  :whistle:. You should be happy that you have your own thread. You know I adore you  :daisies:

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2013, 03:03:22 PM »
No, hate me. Hate me with all your heart. Some people love it.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2013, 03:47:26 PM »
No, hate me. Hate me with all your heart. Some people love it.
who are 'some' people? everyone loves you here.

plus you must admit that a girl is just hilarious.

'Is France a country, I didn't know it is ...'
'I thought Europe is a country'  :rofl_2:
I guess it's true what they say about blondes.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 03:50:21 PM by Alex »

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2013, 07:28:59 PM »
NO Alex NO. Just because someone doesn't 't know something doesn't mean she's dumb. Besides., you don't know if she's just playing dumb.

Anyway, I am exhausted beyond belief - mentally, emotionally, physically all possible ways. I can't pay attention at work, I forget to do things at home, I feel I am not here but I am not sure where I am lol. I need an isolated vacation to a resort or something for a week or so, where things are very beautiful and quiet. Some place not too hot. I want to walk on the beach when the sun is setting. I just want to relax and think about nothing.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2013, 07:32:55 PM »
NO Alex NO. Just because someone doesn't 't know something doesn't mean she's dumb. Besides., you don't know if she's just playing dumb.

Anyway, I am exhausted beyond belief - mentally, emotionally, physically all possible ways. I can't pay attention at work, I forget to do things at home, I feel I am not here but I am not sure where I am lol. I need an isolated vacation to a resort or something for a week or so, where things are very beautiful and quiet. Some place not too hot. I want to walk on the beach when the sun is setting. I just want to relax and think about nothing.
I'd be willing to bet that Alex has a 'cabin in the woods' and he'd be more than happy to make you 'forget about it all'...... :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2013, 08:48:58 AM »
No, no, no, no, no, no, no Monsterman. I don't wanna be around human beings. I said 'isolated vacation' meaning me and myself only. People drain me if I spend too much time with them and I've been spending waaaaay too much time with them, even when I don't want to, so I need to get away from all this and be with the nature as much as possible.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2013, 08:56:50 AM »
Solitude doesn't mean being lonely.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2013, 09:43:15 AM »
Yesterday's relationships were all about trust and love; today's relationships are all about money and passion (read sex please).
It sure seems that way Emma. :(
Perhaps another symptom of what I call the 'disconnect syndrome' affecting society today.  I wonder if it's a lack of 'need' that has created this culture?  Generations ago, families and communities had to work together just to survive.  In this time of relative plenty, individuals can make it on their own with little help.

On a more positive note, at the local level here in Smalltown USA, folks seem to be awakening to the reality that by helping each other out, they actually help themselves the most! A local food co-op and farmers market provide nutritious homegrown food (though a bit expensive comparatively) that benefit buyer, seller, and community.  It doesn't get much better than that. :)  I think it's hilarious that some folks have coined the term localvore to describe such activity.  That think it's some new magical concept when in fact that's how communities operated just 2 generations ago.  The circle is nearly complete. :))

It is most certainly one of the elements - the decrease of need. I look at myself and see the difference. Because I am financially and emotionally independent, I feel I don't need anyone simply because I feel that would require some compromises. And when you are independent, you don't want to compromise. Also, the communication is lacking big time these days with all the technology stuff taking us over in a massive way. I love technology but the downside of it is huge.

I also feel people are becoming more and more materialists and less spiritual, though I feel a shift in reality is in place and it has to take place when we hit rock bottom as human beings. Nothing changes unless and until then so it's likely to get worse and worse.   

I am a little old school or more spiritual if you will. I value love and trust and value it over things like money and sex. I look for meanings in everything even if it lasts only for a week.

Helping each other out, especially in time of need, is really the best thing we can do, so I am very happy to hear that at least your town is making a difference. There would be no poverty or people wouldn't die of silly diseases that could be cured in fact, if we stopped being so selfish and greedy and be more kind to others.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2013, 09:45:14 AM »

No, of course. I just want to be alone for a bit. I almost never feel lonely. I feel lonely only when I am longing for someone's company - someone specific. Other than that, no. Even in my death, I know that I won't be lonely.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2013, 10:00:58 AM »

No, of course. I just want to be alone for a bit. I almost never feel lonely. I feel lonely only when I am longing for someone's company - someone specific. Other than that, no. Even in my death, I know that I won't be lonely.

Precisely, take a break from society  ;-()
Luckily I always have a medicine when I'm mad at world. Playing music/tennis, movies, drawing, going out etc
There's always something to keep my mind off bad thoughts. So you go and find yours. Isolated island is a great idea, but it's also pretty difficult to find a spot  :)

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »
I've taken next week off but that's for tennis purpose. If Andy continues to move forward, then it's more than likely that I'll be on the edge of my seat the whole time, so that's not relaxing.

The week after, my brother, sister in law and niece will be visiting us for a week, and that requires a lot of preparation and I already feel very tired. Though I am very happy to see them after 2/3 years.

And work is very busy at the moment with too many different things going on at the same time. I feel totally burnt out. I may have to plan something after USO. That's only when I can afford to relax even though I know work will still be busy, as I have some training coming up in September. Oh well....

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2013, 02:52:03 PM »
Luggy, I am having problems with your byline. Change it please.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2013, 04:35:21 PM »
No, no, no, no, no, no, no Monsterman. I don't wanna be around human beings. I said 'isolated vacation' meaning me and myself only. People drain me if I spend too much time with them and I've been spending waaaaay too much time with them, even when I don't want to, so I need to get away from all this and be with the nature as much as possible.
Perhaps you should try fishing! :))
I spend most of my free time out on the river, mostly by myself.
Occasionally, the fish visit. :)
It's peaceful, beautiful, and usually quiet.
Great place to get away from all the clatter my fellow humans create. :innocent:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2013, 10:29:47 PM »

Ahmm... my byline? Meaning my username?  ..-)

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2013, 10:50:31 PM »

no she means 'In the absence of Light (Alex),  darkness (Emma) prevails  :)~. I feel she is gonna kill me for this  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 10:51:44 PM by Alex »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2013, 10:59:54 PM »

no she means 'In the absence of Light (Alex),  darkness (Emma) prevails  :)~. I feel she is gonna kill me for this  :rofl_2:

:rofl_2:

Actually there's so much about that sig that describes me, so i'ts gonna be hard to change it. But if it will make Emma happy, I'm willing to indulge  :))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:00:49 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2013, 05:59:41 AM »
In generosity and helping others, be like a river
 In compassion and grace, be like the sun
 In concealing otherís faults, be like the night
 In anger and fury, be as if you have died
 In modesty and humility, be like the earth
 In tolerance, be like the sea
 And either appear as you are, or be as you appear

:innocent:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2013, 06:05:17 AM »

Mmm I like it MT  :ok:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2013, 06:09:15 AM »

Mmm I like it MT  :ok:
Not quite as poetic as the first version I saw years ago, but I couldn't find that one.  I'll keep poking around......

...but while you wait....

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:38:40 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2013, 08:21:27 PM »

I will kill you, Alex.

But yes, luggy that's the one I meant.