Author Topic: ATP 500 - RAKUTEN JAPAN OPEN 2012  (Read 1311 times)

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
Re: ATP 500 - RAKUTEN JAPAN OPEN 2012
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 07:05:55 AM »
Well done Kei!  :cool:
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 07:46:59 AM »
bravo Nishikori  :) :) :)

shame for Raonic, with 500 points here London would be very close....

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 07:57:52 AM »
The doubles winners are enjoying good results of late:

RAKUTEN OPEN 2012
Peya/Soares Win Second Straight ATP World Tour Doubles Title
Tokyo, Japan

by ATP Staff

Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares won their second ATP World Tour doubles titles in as many weeks on Sunday.

The fourth seeds added the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships silverware to their Malaysian Open, Kuala Lumpur trophy with a 6-3, 7-6(5) win over top seeds Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek in one hour and 46 minutes.

Peya and Soares split $91,030 in prize money and 500 ATP Doubles Rankings points, while Paes and Stepanek share $41,100 and earn 300 points.

"The [ATP World Tour] 500s are really tough," said Soares. "We had a great win yesterday against [Tomas] Berdych and [Nenad] Zimonjic, an amazing team. And today, to beat a team that’s played in two Grand Slam finals this year, it’s good to know we’re on the right track. Once you start beating these teams, you know you have a shot at the bigger tournaments. We’re very happy for that but also looking forward to next week."

Alexander Peya admitted, "I think we were returning really well throughout the whole match. We started off great. They came back strong, but we kept on playing our game. We managed to break them three times in the first set and came back from a break down in the second set. We played a few pretty good points at the end to win it. I think overall we deserved it."

Peya improved to 4-8 lifetime in ATP World Tour finals, while Soares is now 8-9 in titles matches. Paes, 39, dropped to 50-36 and Stepanek to 15-12.

Soares said, "I got in touch with Alex and his coach. We talked for a few weeks, and then decided to give the partnership a shot. After the Winston-Salem Open, we had eight days where we put in a lot of work before the US Open. We had a good tournament there. We didn't play our best tennis, but we felt we were improving as a team. I think last week and this week, we felt we getting better and better."

Paes and Stepanek clinched their first team berth at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London next week, after they booked a place in the Tokyo final. They dropped to a 26-9 match record on the season, which includes two titles.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/10/40/Doubles-Tokyo-Final-Peya-Soares-Win.aspx

Carpe Diem

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »
I'm very disappointed with Raonic, but kudos to Kei.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 07:00:38 AM »
raonic will be raonic and nishi will be nishi.......this result doesn't change anything of either player.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS