Author Topic: One handed or double handed backhand??  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: One handed or double handed backhand??
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 11:24:56 AM »
2HBH = for girls

;-()

emmuah will brand you as sexist.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 10:44:28 AM »
Who knows Shankman, I might like being 'branded'............ :Devil: :whip:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 05:10:40 PM »
give it up monster man. fed is the only one who is effective with a single hander.

and that is only because of his movement and the rest of his game. rest of his game is beyond rock solid.

how many roger federers do you know of in 8 billion people?

single hander died ages ago. it is but a primitive tool.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 06:23:07 AM »
Yeah, you're right.
I remember saying just the same thing to Federer, Gasquet, Haas, Almagro and Stan just the other day..........
At the same time I tried to discourage Murray, Nadal, Djoker and the rest of the tour from using a 1HBH slice, since everyone knows that variety in one's game is stupid.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 10:16:18 AM »
no way that 1hbh is a primitive tool.
Also I don't think any of the 'users' are eating themselves away for not using or switching it to 2hbh.

General u said that 2hbh is nice 'disguise shot', which I can't argue but same thing goes to 1hbh, even if not more disguise on it. Not to mention drop shots/slice disguise.
Its actually debatable that the 1hbh is much more powerful but a bit less accurate perhaps. Adjusting better for offensive minded players who don't mind risking here and there few shots.

I'd say that the tactics revolutionized the game, not 2hbh. Thats why we don't see S&V game, but mental fest from baseline. Which I'm fine with, if the players are eager to produce attacking style rather than wait on opponents UE's.

Now, saying that 1hbh is MUCH MORE beautiful is only my opinion and its irrelevant to the sport. But thats one of the things that brought me to tennis.
The future doesn't look very bright tho...... for us... .... 1hbh lovers  :Confused:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 08:13:46 PM »
it was the double hander that revolutionized the sport.

again how many roger federers are there in 10 billion?

the answer: only 1

he is the only one who has been able to win with a single hander. and that is only because of the rest of his game was world class in all aspects. and he could take care of his serve 90% of the time. so he had a massive serve backed by his all court game.

break down that single hander and even he becomes vulnerable. ask nadal. he will tell you why he has such a phenominal record against fed.

translation: give it up. single hander is a useless, pathetic, and primitive old tool that does not work in the modern game.

next.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:15:19 PM by Clay Death »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 07:07:11 AM »
If that is indeed true that Fed's 1HBH is the problem, why is it that only Nadal owns him?

Both strokes have their pros & cons.
Fans have their opinions and preferences.
It's all good.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »

again how many roger federers are there in 10 billion?

the answer: only 1

I don't get that point.

Ofc there's only one Fed, so as 1 Nadal, 1 Haas, 1 Djokovic etc etc. All of them with unique styles.
Talent is what matters, not what BH player use. I really don't believe that any of nowadays 1hbhanders regret using it.

You can argue that tennis used to be pretty simplistic compared to todays tennis, but I would disagree.

I blame the ultimate success of the 2hbh users, not because it was dominating the 1hbh users, but just because it was trendy to switch and change it.
Aggasi was one of the most influenced players from that era.
And its still happening, youngsters are copying their idols. Thats why here we have so many Djokovic, Nadal wannabees. Fed's time has passed for such things, not to mention how many ignorant fools hate 1hbh only because Djokovic and Fed aren't really on a 'friendly note'(at least in Serbia)

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 01:41:07 PM »
today, both backhands have their strengths but the no. of disadvantages with a single hander are higher compared to that of double hander.......because of the modern rackets, modern playing surfaces and modern training conditions a double hander is overall more consistent and solid, to what tennis has really shifted to these days from being a variety oriented game in the past........i think that's what hercules meant........

having said that, maybe the shot is just natural? i tried the double hander but it din't work for me........i am happy with my single hander slice backhand and a decent enough drive.......

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:43:15 PM by Start da Game »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 08:14:35 PM »
give it up folks.

single hander is dead. it is a primitive tool at best. and you cant win with it in the modern game.

fed is the only exception but they are calling him the greatest ever to play the game.

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 10:33:22 PM »
I prefer and play double handed, single handed feels so unnatural to me.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2012, 01:14:47 AM »
far fewer variables involved with the double hander. simply too much an go wrong with a single hander and often does. its a much faster game today and getting faster with each passing year. you cant win big tournaments and slams with a single hander. fed is the only one. how many roger federers are there again in over 8 billion people?

unlimited power

control

accuracy

disguise

shock absorption so fewer elbow and shoulder issues

tireless. you can hit it all day and all night

simple: easy to execute

10 times more natural

must have weapon for modern tennis warfare.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:16:41 AM by Clay Death »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2012, 05:59:16 AM »
give it up folks.

single hander is dead. it is a primitive tool at best. and you cant win with it in the modern game.

fed is the only exception but they are calling him the greatest ever to play the game.
OK, I won't participate anymore.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2012, 11:49:58 PM »
give it up folks.

don't give up now MT!!  :))
I need you in these things! Our days are numbered  :(  :(

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 01:36:38 AM »
double hander is where its at folks.

the game is power and speed. and unlimited power and speed for that matter.

the game is fast and getting faster with each passing year. single hander is completely useless in the modern tennis warfare where speed, power, control, and consistency is the norm at the very top.

single hander cant provide those things.

you cant win without a double hander.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:38:24 AM by Clay Death »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2012, 09:42:09 PM »
double hander is where its at folks.

the game is power and speed. and unlimited power and speed for that matter.

the game is fast and getting faster with each passing year. single hander is completely useless in the modern tennis warfare where speed, power, control, and consistency is the norm at the very top.

single hander cant provide those things.

you cant win without a double hander.

I have to disagree, but thats only my opinion. Also I think 1hbh is much more powerful stroke. Add flatness and your in trouble  :)

''you cant win without a double hander.'', example Llodra def. DelPo 6-4 6-3,  ..-) and yet his bh can't be considered one of the best, and certainly isn't his best attribute.

You mention the speed of the game, so why we have seen so many 1hbhanders in quarters at the super fast surface, even semis at Halle had all 4 of them using 1hbh.. Even at Wimlby we had Kohli, Fed, Youzhny...

I can only agree thats its mostly useless in control and consistency. But speed and certainly power suits for 1handers.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 05:43:24 AM »
give it up folks.

don't give up now MT!!  :))
I need you in these things! Our days are numbered  :(  :(
I couldn't disagree more Luggy! :))
You don't need me, you're doing just fine. ://
As a matter of fact, you're doing better than 'fine' as you aren't trying to impose your opinion on others, just expressing it.  Nicely done Mate! :))

And for the record, your days are numbered at conception.
How you conduct yourself during those days is your legacy.
Witness Lance Armstrong.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 01:35:18 AM »
once again list the number of players---except for fed----who have single handers and who have won slams and masters events in the last 5 years.

i am waiting. lets see some names. drawing a blank or what? there is a reason. you cant win with a single hander. it is the most primitive tool in tennis.

did you forget that it was the double hander that revolutionized the sport?

you cant win anything of any importance with a single hander unless you are 1 in 10 billion and your name is roger federer.

how many women are playing with a single hander and winning? is there anybody else outside of fed in the last 5-6 years who has a slam or a masters title to his name who also has a single hander?
what does that tell you?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:52:53 PM by Clay Death »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2012, 12:07:37 PM »
IMO what 'revolutionized' this sport is the change of courts speed.
Players adapted more to the baseline play which consists more of already mentioned control and consistency.
They also figured for such conditions its better to use 2hbh. Now thats what I call tactics.

ATP eventually got tired of quick tennis, hence slowing down courts. FFS we have like only 2 grass tours prior to Wmbledon and those are only 250's! The surface on which tennis was invented in the first place.
Clay courts are dominating the sport, even these indoor courts aren't fast as they were used to be.

TOMMY HAAS