Author Topic: What is really WRONG with Nadal ??  (Read 5008 times)

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
What is really WRONG with Nadal ??
« on: October 09, 2012, 08:05:20 PM »
Really, his presence has been missed. I read somewhere that he might be skipping the rest of the year. We know its something to do with his knee(s) but he's had some minor injuries and skipped two tournaments at most. Him skipping half of the year must imply something very serious.
I feel he knows he has reached the mid way of his career and he thought maybe he needs to recharge/refresh to end high. Just my opinion.
The world awaits no genius

Online Alex

• Tennis God
Re: What is really WRONG with Nadal ??
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 02:00:36 PM »
although he is only 26yo, his millage is huge. he played so many matches. it is unfortunate but it is catching up with his body. I think all true tennis fans miss him. He has to do much, much better with his scheduling, stop playing doubles and some silly exhos. If I were him I'd play even more clay tournaments, go to South America (there are some great clay tournaments there) instead of killing himself playing on HC.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 08:41:33 AM »
He gave an interview a couple of nights ago in Spain...he seems fine but according to him, he is just recovering from the injury and is recovering perfectly...

He says that his decision to stay away from courts now is to prolong his tennis career, and that he is thinking on the future... he says that this way he might even play Brazil's Olympics...

How much is this true?only he knows..

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 10:29:59 AM »
i have a feeling that he may have lost the hunger and the drive after this last setback.

only time will tell if we are right about that.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 11:16:28 AM »
i have a feeling that he may have lost the hunger and the drive after this last setback.

only time will tell if we are right about that.
Herc, you might be right but Rafa doesn't strike me as someone who loses his drive so easily. It seems to me that he really did need all of this rest. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 12:23:17 PM »

He says that his decision to stay away from courts now is to prolong his tennis career, and that he is thinking on the future...

Wise decision

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »
although he is only 26yo, his millage is huge. he played so many matches. it is unfortunate but it is catching up with his body. I think all true tennis fans miss him. He has to do much, much better with his scheduling, stop playing doubles and some silly exhos. If I were him I'd play even more clay tournaments, go to South America (there are some great clay tournaments there) instead of killing himself playing on HC.
I didn't know you were privy to his 'millage'. :confused1:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Property_tax

All kidding aside, I agree that his style of practice/play has taken a physical toll.  It remains to be seen as to whether or not any significant changes will be made in his schedule for 2013.  I don't think he'll be playing more on clay, perhaps just less overall.  Time will tell.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 07:11:33 AM »
Really, his presence has been missed. I read somewhere that he might be skipping the rest of the year. We know its something to do with his knee(s) but he's had some minor injuries and skipped two tournaments at most. Him skipping half of the year must imply something very serious.
I feel he knows he has reached the mid way of his career and he thought maybe he needs to recharge/refresh to end high. Just my opinion.

nothing really........he just din't recover in time for us open and din't see himself in the hunt for the no.1 ranking........so just using this extended break to his advantage.........watch him come fully recharged and destroy everyone in melbourne or even the world toast finals if he wants to play in that semi dark arena with insufficient lighting........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 01:28:35 PM »
There is a sense that Nadal is older than his years in terms of his ability I agree with the 'huge millage' point already made. It's not just he's being sidelined again through injury, since he hasn't won a tournament at all outside of clay for two years now, you can see a broader decline in his performance that transcends his latest injury instalment.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 01:29:30 PM by jesse james »
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 08:04:17 PM »
It will all depend on how hard he wants to work to get back up to the top.  It's going to be a long road for him, he has missed a lot of time.  He has the skillz, but his body needs to hold up.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 08:32:33 PM »
The way I see it, a refreshed Nadal without injuries more or less dominates 2013. Remember Nadal only loses when he's injured, I think if he can push through the AO and the spring hardcourt season he'll coast through the Clay/Grass season and pretty much own the year through July.

Because keep in mind, he still hands down owns Murray and Federer, and while both Fed and Murray are playing well they're still underdogs to Nadal. Djokovic's biggest push against Nadal came during the legendary 2011, after which he hasn't been that spectacular. If Nadal can regain his form I think this break is a great gift to him.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:34:20 PM by pawan89 »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »
concurred.......people who are expecting rafa to be rusty after the comeback are in for a surprise........he is used to these extended injury breaks........he is still the owner of the current top 3.........djokovic had just one great season, that's it........he is back to being rafa's pigeon........

nadal is the real no.1....... 
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 04:45:43 PM »
concurred.......people who are expecting rafa to be rusty after the comeback are in for a surprise........he is used to these extended injury breaks........he is still the owner of the current top 3.........djokovic had just one great season, that's it........he is back to being rafa's pigeon........

OK, Nadal is not the real numero uno (can't spell today, but you get my point). Nole is ... cough, cough. However, Nadal was injured back in 2009, came back in 2010 and won 3 slams ... so I'll give you that. you might be onto something. Now, I expect Fed tards to come back at me telling me he is 'the actual number one' although we all know about the race thingy. it's all good with me. bring it on, biotches  :rofl_2: :)>>>>

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 06:01:47 PM »
Nole is getting back to this top form now and I see him dominating 2013 like he did 2011 but with less physical effort.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 11:48:17 PM »
Nole is getting back to this top form now and I see him dominating 2013 like he did 2011 but with less physical effort.
yes, and Fed will be dominating 3013 too. Dallas will be so happy.  :rofl_2:

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 12:40:15 AM »
It might be break down year of top 4 dominance.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 06:17:36 PM »
maybe but I feel really strong that Nadal will come back. There are many players that I really like but top 4 guys are really something. Let me put it this way. Rank Nadal or Djokovic #855 or something like that,  and they would still find a way to win tournaments.  :).

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 05:53:12 AM »
Perhaps.
But I don't see all 4 of them losing ground.
I think both Murray and Nole will remain at the top.
Fed may fall off slowly, or he may not.
Nadal 2013 is a mystery.
Who will rise to fill any void in the top 4?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 03:27:02 AM »
Perhaps.
But I don't see all 4 of them losing ground.
I think both Murray and Nole will remain at the top.
Fed may fall off slowly, or he may not.
Nadal 2013 is a mystery.
Who will rise to fill any void in the top 4?
Delpo finally?

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 12:42:44 PM »

OK, Nadal is not the real numero uno (can't spell today, but you get my point). Nole is ... cough, cough. However, Nadal was injured back in 2009, came back in 2010 and won 3 slams ... so I'll give you that. you might be onto something. Now, I expect Fed tards to come back at me telling me he is 'the actual number one' although we all know about the race thingy. it's all good with me. bring it on, biotches  :rofl_2: :)>>>>

The "actual number 1" is what the rankings are for - they show the points accumulated over the last 52 weeks. So as of now, Roger is the "actual number 1".

The Race to London, on the other hand, depicts the points accumulated in a calendar year. So if you wanna say that Nole is the "actual number 1 of 2012 so far", you are absolutely right. But he is not the "actual number 1".

It's all about the semantics, Alex:whistle:

To go back on topic, we don't know what will happen next year. Who knows Rafa might come back in great form and win the Calendar GS.  ;-() But anyway, I am betting on Nole to win the French Open next year and complete his set of majors.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 12:45:18 PM by oracle86 »
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal