Author Topic: What is really WRONG with Nadal ??  (Read 4774 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: What is really WRONG with Nadal ??
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 09:41:58 PM »
Oracle, I know (semantic stuff), I was just goofing around coming from other tennis boards and bringing it here  :).

but, hey Rafa will play Acapulco next year and I think it's a good thing. 500 tournament, CLAY. what the heck? why not.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 12:40:31 AM »
except murray's olympic gold and us open, everything else achieved in the absence of the real no.1 in tennis deserves an asterisk this year........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 01:43:30 AM »
except murray's olympic gold and us open, everything else achieved in the absence of the real no.1 in tennis deserves an asterisk this year........

Why the exception for Murray? You think Andy would have beaten a fully fit Rafa?  :rofl_2:
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 02:20:08 AM »

Why the exception for Murray? You think Andy would have beaten a fully fit Rafa?  :rofl_2:

everyone in the top 4 has had their share of freak luck at some point or the other in their careers........most - fed, least - rafa........so murray too deserves his bit of luck.......so no asterisk for him........from now on there will be an asterisk for him as well........if nadal doesn't recover for AO, tough luck for the other three........whoever wins the AO, the win will bear an asterisk........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 04:28:15 AM »

everyone in the top 4 has had their share of freak luck at some point or the other in their careers........most - fed, least - rafa........so murray too deserves his bit of luck.......so no asterisk for him........from now on there will be an asterisk for him as well........if nadal doesn't recover for AO, tough luck for the other three........whoever wins the AO, the win will bear an asterisk........

:ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:28:55 AM by mav140 »

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 04:29:15 AM »
Anyway, I am glad Nadal has realized he needs to reschedule better and am glad to see him playing Acapulco.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 07:24:36 AM »
It might be break down year of top 4 dominance.
Perhaps.
But I don't see all 4 of them losing ground.
I think both Murray and Nole will remain at the top.
Fed may fall off slowly, or he may not.
Nadal 2013 is a mystery.
Who will rise to fill any void in the top 4?
Delpo finally?
That would be fun, though he seems to be injury plagued.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 07:25:14 AM »
Oracle, I know (semantic stuff), I was just goofing around coming from other tennis boards and bringing it here  :).

but, hey Rafa will play Acapulco next year and I think it's a good thing. 500 tournament, CLAY. what the heck? why not.
Beautiful location! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 06:58:12 PM »

I hope Nadal is back @ AO other wise it's worse for Murray.I know Maurray got olympic gold & us open without Nadal playing,but it means either roger or nole don't play a top dog in SF.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 11:27:01 AM »

:ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ)

what does that mean? i think it is just what it is........tennis without nadal looks very second rate........the sooner he returns, the better it is for the global sport........

nadal has the biggest following among kids and they can easily get demotivated with prolonged absence........

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 07:55:32 PM »
Sid, Murray is capable of def. Nadal especially on HC. The problem is, everyone is getting so defensive nowadays. I'd take Nole 2007 without any slams more than Nole with 5 slams, if you know what I mean. I didn't enjoy the USO when Muzza won his first slam because both players a played some sh|!t defense and run out of gas at the end. I hate last AO even that Nole won. It was painful to watch both Nole and Rafa for 6 freaking hours wearing themselves down. they needed freaking chairs as they weren't able to stand during the ceremony.

There is a good reason why 31yo grandpa Fed can still win slams and be healthy. being aggressive, staying away from long rallies and hitting winners from all over the court. Young Nole was like that. Young Murray was also more aggressive player.

I'm looking for a new star. the thing is there is nobody that I can even remotely relate to.   

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 12:00:23 AM »
I think Rafa is sad about his country's problems too!  Unemployment is 25% and those under 25 years old is 50%!  Riots and protest everywhere in Spain.  Kind of like what took place in Greece a while back!

Offline phoneix

• Tennis Player
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 02:50:25 PM »
I see. So the asterisk means "player overran their luck allowance". Well, how does Murray get more allowed luck? If he gets injured? Or there's a fixed amount of luck set over his entire career that he's already used up?

How much luck does Nadal have left (presumably more because of his recent injury)?

Maybe you should create a chart so we know which wins to put asterisks next to in the future. I presume that those lucky enough to play before Nadal was around will receive asterisks too? And after Nadal is retired most wins will have an asterisk next to them?

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 06:38:39 PM »
Sid, Murray is capable of def. Nadal especially on HC. The problem is, everyone is getting so defensive nowadays. I'd take Nole 2007 without any slams more than Nole with 5 slams, if you know what I mean. I didn't enjoy the USO when Muzza won his first slam because both players a played some sh|!t defense and run out of gas at the end. I hate last AO even that Nole won. It was painful to watch both Nole and Rafa for 6 freaking hours wearing themselves down. they needed freaking chairs as they weren't able to stand during the ceremony.

There is a good reason why 31yo grandpa Fed can still win slams and be healthy. being aggressive, staying away from long rallies and hitting winners from all over the court. Young Nole was like that. Young Murray was also more aggressive player.

I'm looking for a new star. the thing is there is nobody that I can even remotely relate to.

From time to time, one comes across something worth reading. Something from the heart, eloquently & simply expressed, and insightful.  Very well said, Alex.  It was worth logging on to read this excellent observation.   If you didn't watch Dimitrov beat Troicki in Basel yesterday, do try & see the match. He plays a beautiful, attacking game.  As for Djokovic and actually Del Potro too, they can make the transition from defence to attack very well. 
Carpe Diem

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2012, 03:47:25 AM »
Actually nothing we didn't know already, but its official now... Nadal retires from Paris and London!!

http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2012-10-25/10877.php

But hey, he will be well rested for AO!!!

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »
I am now braced for the shocking news of NADAL's RETIREMENT. It can't be !!!!!!!!!
The world awaits no genius

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2012, 05:03:37 PM »
he will be back.

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2012, 06:26:30 PM »

well said!
i really wanted Murray to win the US open, but Jesus, in the last set winners were rarer than ducks teeth. There's that sense that when a grandslam final comes along you have to put the day aside to watch. I don't see it changing at all, what we have in all the slams is de fact clay court tennis.
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2012, 01:45:17 PM »
clay or no clay, nobody can help him if he maintains that nonsensical 4 week stretch montecarlo-barcelona-madrid-rome.........that takes a lot of out him regardless of the surface........

best thing is to let go madrid and let go barcelona and take the 3 biggest titles on clay........no need to play doubles and no need to play exhibitions as well........

anything other than that will lead to automatic disqualification from Start da Game's list of favourite players........i am giving him one more season to correct his stupidity........ 

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2012, 03:19:45 PM »
guys, I might not be your typical fan as I really admire to so many tennis players. It sucks that Rafa is out again. Now I read that Roger is not playing in Paris, go figure. 

I said this so many times, the biggest Rafa's mistake was his stupid scheduling. I hope his fans don't take this the wrong way. He's made enough money. What the heck he needs to prove to anyone? why bother to play Barcelona every year? spread your tournaments, do something different.

does anybody think that Rafa is tired of tennis and simply doesn't care?