Author Topic: What is really WRONG with Nadal ??  (Read 4917 times)

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
Re: What is really WRONG with Nadal ??
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2012, 03:39:53 AM »
i think it was smart of him to skip the rest of the year. surprised he didnt announce it sooner tbh. he obviously has a major problem with his knees so why train like crazy after missing all these tournaments after wimbledon to come back and play what? an indoor event and the YEC? why bother? yeah the YEC is a huge tournament but to get ready for it and then be greeted by the off season wouldnt seem worth it to me. and after missing all this time how well do you really think he would do? and hes right about it prolonging his career. he should take more breaks from the game, just look at serena.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2012, 06:17:46 AM »
Nadal's game is predicated on hitting lots of balls.
Long breaks from the tour may hurt his chances of returning to the top of the game.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2012, 09:18:43 AM »
Nadal's game is predicated on hitting lots of balls.
Long breaks from the tour may hurt his chances of returning to the top of the game.

how many balls did he hit before australian open 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012?
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2012, 05:47:27 PM »
Straight from his camp comes the statement that because of his swing speed/shape on the FH, he must hit tons of balls both in practice and competitive play in order to fine tune the timing.

A follower such as yourself surely nows that Nadal isn't known for starting matches fast and typically plays his way into a match vs. top players as he sorts out the different strike zones that each opponent provides him and fine tunes his timing.  You also now he likes to hit tons & tons of shots per point in competition to further this strategy.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »
lets just say that he is a damn fool who has given away at least 4 slams if not 5.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2012, 06:52:14 AM »
concurred.......he donated at least 4 to 5 slams........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2012, 07:00:04 AM »
Straight from his camp comes the statement that because of his swing speed/shape on the FH, he must hit tons of balls both in practice and competitive play in order to fine tune the timing.

A follower such as yourself surely nows that Nadal isn't known for starting matches fast and typically plays his way into a match vs. top players as he sorts out the different strike zones that each opponent provides him and fine tunes his timing.  You also now he likes to hit tons & tons of shots per point in competition to further this strategy.

rafa proved several times that he needs exactly 3 rounds before he really gets going in any grandslam........that was always the case even when he was fit and hit a lot of balls, he is always a slow starter........

his camp maybe right in suggesting that it is very difficult for him to start winning masters and 500s straightaway after returning from injury but in a slam there is ample time for him to adjust and tune his strokes........

i really see no logic with that statement from his camp when his AO record is nothing short of brilliant........it only tells me that fitness is the real key to his success.......

there is also really no logic in playing 4 tournaments in a tight schedule right before the french open........he can win RG blindfolded........he plays queens anyway for wimbledon.......

he should plan like serena williams and concentrate on winning only grandslams from here on........he is good enough to win 6 or 7 slams over the next 4 seasons if he plans well........
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:03:12 AM by Start da Game »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2012, 07:09:41 AM »
True fitness is key (as with any player).
Nadal's unique swing shape/speed on the FH is predicated on supreme timing.  This is why he spends so much time on the practice court and plays so many tourneys, his game demands it.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2012, 09:41:01 PM »
everyone in the top 4 has had their share of freak luck at some point or the other in their careers........most - fed, least - rafa........so murray too deserves his bit of luck.......so no asterisk for him........from now on there will be an asterisk for him as well........if nadal doesn't recover for AO, tough luck for the other three........whoever wins the AO, the win will bear an asterisk........
I see. So the asterisk means "player overran their luck allowance". Well, how does Murray get more allowed luck? If he gets injured? Or there's a fixed amount of luck set over his entire career that he's already used up?

How much luck does Nadal have left (presumably more because of his recent injury)?

Maybe you should create a chart so we know which wins to put asterisks next to in the future. I presume that those lucky enough to play before Nadal was around will receive asterisks too? And after Nadal is retired most wins will have an asterisk next to them?

Lol. This is freakin hilarious...

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »
He will went like a winner  trough this dark period like many times before.

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2012, 05:15:34 AM »
True fitness is key (as with any player).
Nadal's unique swing shape/speed on the FH is predicated on supreme timing.  This is why he spends so much time on the practice court and plays so many tourneys, his game demands it.

Interesting, could prove crucial for the rest of his career.
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline phoneix

• Tennis Player
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2012, 07:50:48 PM »
Since when did Nadal take a big break before the AO? The last time he missed the WTF due to fatigue/injury was back in 2008. Other than that he's had the same season as everyone else.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2012, 06:12:08 AM »
Please do not clutter this thread with facts Phoneix. :mad1:

;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2012, 06:33:34 AM »
Well, Rafael Nadal is finally back on the tennis court :) , but on indoor hard court, not clay. :mad1: Video posted today on his facebook site:

Nadal's first practice

Respectfully,
masterclass
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:34:32 AM by masterclass »
Legends of Tennis

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2012, 04:19:59 AM »
Indoor hard or indoor cushioned?
Hard to glean much from such a short glimpse.
Upright and taking air is always a good start.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2012, 07:07:01 AM »

his AO results alone are enough to prove how effective he can be despite no play in the months of november and december........he's going to be just the same this AO as well........

Offline phoneix

• Tennis Player
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2012, 04:57:33 PM »
But Nadal does play in November, because that's when the WTF is held. He gets a months break like everyone else, in which he can hit as many balls as he wants.

Bit different from being sidelined for 6 months and not being able to practice.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2012, 05:02:42 PM »

his AO results alone are enough to prove how effective he can be despite no play in the months of november and december........he's going to be just the same this AO as well........
As much as I dislike his game, I hope he comes back full strength + and forces the rest of the tour to kick it up another notch.

I'm still stuck on the quote from his team several years ago which stated that he needs to hit TONS OF BALLS to get his timing down.  Technically it makes sense to me.  But I'll tell you this, I wouldn't bet a penny against him in the upcoming AO.  :no-no-no:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2012, 06:44:21 PM »
Nadal has time to get his game in order for the AO.
The time off may be just what he needed.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »
right back on the hard courts. told you now to believe this blundering buffoon when he said that he was going to change his training and his scheduling because of continued knee issues.