Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

FEDERER ACHIEVES 300 TOTAL WEEKS AS WORLD NUMBER ONE

<< < (2/5) > >>

oracle86:
Nothing wrong in comparing Federer with Graf and Navratilova. I mean, they are the 2 candidates for the GOAT in women's tennis and have achieved so many incredible records...  :cool:

Federer must feel proud to share ground with such legends of the game. Infact, he has broken almost all records in men's tennis that he might be probably looking upto Graf's 22 and Navratilova's 18 singles GS titles as his benchmarks.

FedFanForever:

--- Quote from: oracle86 on October 20, 2012, 12:53:19 PM ---Nothing wrong in comparing Federer with Graf and Navratilova. I mean, they are the 2 candidates for the GOAT in women's tennis and have achieved so many incredible records...  :cool:

Federer must feel proud to share ground with such legends of the game. Infact, he has broken almost all records in men's tennis that he might be probably looking upto Graf's 22 and Navratilova's 18 singles GS titles as his benchmarks.

--- End quote ---

Wrong wrong wrong.

oracle86:

--- Quote from: FedFanForever on October 20, 2012, 12:54:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: oracle86 on October 20, 2012, 12:53:19 PM ---Nothing wrong in comparing Federer with Graf and Navratilova. I mean, they are the 2 candidates for the GOAT in women's tennis and have achieved so many incredible records...  :cool:

--- End quote ---

Wrong wrong wrong.

--- End quote ---

ok  ..-)

FedFanForever:
If Graf's 22 slams was THE benchmark why did Federer cry so hard when he won his 14th and 15th?

Gawdblessya:

--- Quote from: FedFanForever on October 20, 2012, 08:07:16 PM ---If Graf's 22 slams was THE benchmark why did Federer cry so hard when he won his 14th and 15th?

--- End quote ---

Perhaps because he realised he won't be able to catch Graf's records!!       :rofl_2:

The point made above about Graf & Navratilova still being being the players to beat, relates to the global / overall record of which player, male or female, holds the record of most weeks as number one etc.  The answer to that question must be Graf, followed by Navratilova, with Federer in 3rd place.

There are other questions that stand on their own criteria - for example, which player in the ATP, which male player in the open era etc.
And Federer would obviously top the list in response to these.

Perhaps I've missed something, but the point made about Graf & Navratilova is not a difficult concept & is actually, pertinent. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version