Author Topic: Tommy Haas reaches 500 career wins.  (Read 816 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy Haas reaches 500 career wins.
« on: October 18, 2012, 03:45:44 PM »

He became 38th player in the Open era to reach this milestone  ;-()

Good job Tommy!
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
Re: Tommy Haas reaches 500 career wins.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 01:53:41 AM »
Congratulations, Tommy! 500 match wins.. Wow! Through all the doubts and disappointments, you have hit the magic figure at last! Kudos to Lugburz, for staying loyal to Tommy all this while! :))

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 09:14:17 AM »
Haas plays a beautiful game, and I'm pleased that he has achieved this milestone in his career.  Excellent consistency on a difficult tour.   Your man deserves recognition for his achievement, Lugburz.   Congratulations.

This piece is from the ATP site:

""Third seed Tommy Haas reached 500 match wins on Thursday in Vienna when he dismissed Jesse Levine 6-4, 6-2 in the second round of the Erste Bank Open.

Haas was presented a special Fiat 500 by tournament director Herwig Straka after becoming the 38th player in the Open Era to achieve the feat. He joins Roger Federer (871), Rafael Nadal (583) and Lleyton Hewitt (566) as the only active players to attain the milestone.

“I knew for a few days that I would reach the milestone if I won this match. This was a big goal of mine,” said Haas. “In April, I was at around 472 wins and I knew it wouldn't be easy to win another 27 or 28 matches. It makes me really proud and for sure this is one of my biggest achievements after everything that happened. The fact that it happened here in Vienna makes it very special. Getting such a gift on top of it makes it an amazing day for me.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/10/42/Vienna-Thursday-Tipsarevic-Wins-Opener-Haas-In-Action.aspx
Carpe Diem

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 10:21:16 AM »
Yeah cheers guys, it is an amazing achievement.
He's 1 out of only 4 other active players to do it, that alone makes this milestone even greater.

Now if only he can stay healthy for couple of more years to end his career in big fashion.

Its such a pleasure watching him play fully fit and eager. Lets just hope it stays that way  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 11:06:29 AM »
Tommy you legend! Well done, old man.  :cool:
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 06:16:57 PM »
Congrats to Haas. Love his tennis skills. I'm afraid that many youngsters don't even have a clue and they should watch Tommy's matches and learn.

You see, the way I see it is that both Nole and Nadal are special physical species with a very crazy mind set (they refuse to lose). I think that Haas actually is a better tennis player technically  than both Nole and Rafa. the problem is that both Nole and Rafa plus Murray can run like there is no end.

I mean this seriously and I said it so many times. It is too bad that Tommy hasn't won a major. he is too good.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 07:51:05 PM »
I am pretty sure I have easily won 500 matches in my tennis career.  Why I have not been celebrated and given a car is beyond me    ..-)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 09:23:06 PM »
I am pretty sure I have easily won 500 matches in my tennis career.  Why I have not been celebrated and given a car is beyond me    ..-)
K, I'll try to help. It's all Bab's fault. He is just better than you, it's like Rog and everyone against the world but Babs is Rog. OK?. now did you say, 500 points, or 50 games or 5 sets in 5 years? or was it 55,5 games in mixed doubles? sorry I lost you  :)~ :rofl_2:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 10:17:36 PM »
K, I'll try to help. It's all Bab's fault. He is just better than you, it's like Rog and everyone against the world but Babs is Rog. OK?. now did you say, 500 points, or 50 games or 5 sets in 5 years? or was it 55,5 games in mixed doubles? sorry I lost you  :)~ :rofl_2:

hahaha u two  :rofl_2:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 07:41:42 AM »

I forget what I said now.  Maybe I ate 500 M&M's or something?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 03:00:42 AM »
congrats to tommy and his fans here and at the castle sports bar.

:))