Author Topic: PC/Console Gaming Vol. #1  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis Pro
PC/Console Gaming Vol. #1
« on: October 27, 2012, 10:49:35 PM »
This thread is for computer games. We can share what games we're currently playing, our favourite games, let those be FPS, TPS, RTS, Story driven or hack and slash RPG, whatever. You can also challenge each other if you like online matches. Don't forget to post screenshots or vids of your internet matches or your favourite gaming moments. Have fun guys, I hope we are gonna learn a lot from each other....
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:06:19 AM by Nekromanta »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: PC/Console Gaming Vol. #1
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 10:59:08 PM »
totally awesome idea general nekromanta. :)

i hope everybody who indulges in computer games enjoys this thread and also gets a chance to share their ideas about gaming with the others.

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 11:30:42 PM »
totally awesome idea general nekromanta. :)

i hope everybody who indulges in computer games enjoys this thread and also gets a chance to share their ideas about gaming with the others.

Thanks CD, here comes the first game:
So my favourite game is Soldier of Fortune 2. It has 3 versions, the demo, the full, and the gold. The gold is almost deserted, the demo version is mostly for the underground community who are connected through MSN/skype all the time, the casual user would also find this version deserted. What you should check into is the full version (Without the gold patch). It's the best FPS/TPS shooter game imo. Now you're asking how can it be FPS/TPS at the same time. The answer is this: One of our coders was messing with the game when he found this magical command: "hash cg_thirdperson <>"
which switches the normally FPS(First person shooter) game to TPS (third person shooter). So on most servers especially in the infiltration mode of the game which is most popular you can play in both 1st/3rd person. This vid will convey the idea

Fairplay Cup 2010 - Quaterfinals HsS vs MDK match1 part1

The best thing about the game is that the users took full control, in case the developer stopped support for it we developed our own master server, so this game will never die like most of the games nowadays. We have our own anti-cheat which eliminates not only the wallhacks, aimbots, etc. but also some of the most known q3 engine glitches like the 333 fps (frames per second) glitch.

Apart from the game's original gaming modes like Deathmatch, capture the flag, elimination, infiltration, the users created some fun mods like Hide & Seek. You will get the idea from here:

Sof2: Xtreme Hide&Seek

So this is what you have to do to play the game: Get the full version (1.00 not the gold one), Don't patch it with the gold patch, but go to our site: www.demobase.eu get rpm mod and fairplay anticheat from there, unpack rpm mod and put in in your sof2 folder, then fairplay.exe too, start the game with fairplay.exe. to activate 3rd person mode with the RPM mod write "/3rd" in consol (activate consol with 0) or designate a key like "bind x 3rd" in consol then you can switch with that key.

I hope you're going to enjoy this immortal game, the oldschoolers are very friendly, they will help you if you have problems...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:33:25 PM by Nekromanta »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 11:39:56 PM »
i hear about this game all the time general. lot of folks are enjoying it.

the gamers have to have it. in time i will look into it also. i have never played any game of any kind on the computer except chess when i was little bit into it.

so i will have to get more involved in a game or 2 in order to share ideas here.

i do like the idea of this thread a great deal. i have friends that are playing this very game. this one dude-- brad--has just about lost his mind over these games. he boasts that he has over 3000 games at home.

i mean he used to be a very serious mountain biker. his wife kicked him out about a year ago and he turned to gaming. now his bikes collect dust while he plays games day and night.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 11:43:19 PM »
cheers general. here is to your amazing gaming thread.

lets drink to it.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 07:03:01 AM »
Sometimes late at night when all are asleep and I'm not sleepy, I get a chance to get on my Playstation 3 box and play EA Sports NHL hockey.  It's a great game for those who like hockey and gaming. You can play in different ways. I enjoy Be A Pro where you develop a "star" from scratch and the game view is pretty close to the action.  Quite realistic.  You can also play online against other players somewhere near your level, if available, though sometimes you get into games where the players play like they are superhuman.

Warning. It can be very addictive and hard on the fingers.  I've worn out many controllers in the past, but I don't play as much any more with kids and wife around :).

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 10:16:25 AM »
I'm still peeved there are no truly great tennis games.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 10:30:33 AM »

Yes. There are Tennis Elbow, Dream Match Tennis and Full Ace with good gameplay and bad graphics and the Topspin  and Virtua Tennis games with good graphics but noob gameplay :Confused:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 12:42:16 PM »

that has to be disappointing. they should have been able to come with a few good ones by now.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 12:43:32 PM »
keep up the great work general nekromanta. :))

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 03:17:58 AM »
great thread, but sorry Nek, i am an old lady, i don't play video games  :)~

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 12:06:18 PM »

You're 28, a young chick. In one of the old deathmatch clans in SoF2 called (OMG) there was a canadian chick called Faby who was 40. All the founding members were around 30. In the most well-known infiltration clan called {{{MDK}}}, (murder death kill not mad dog killers, that's another clan), the guys you see in the clanwar vid, everybody's around 35, and the female member called Kaz is the oldest one :gleam:.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 12:14:35 PM »
i am hearing about the new "assassin`s creed" game general nekromanta.

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 12:31:34 PM »
i am hearing about the new "assassin`s creed" game general nekromanta.

I started the first one but it's not for me. Also checked out the vids and reviews of the second one but never got the game. I prefer old school games where you can use drag and all the old school goodness of PC gaming. Most of the games which are developed for consoles too are dumbed down, I play them from time 2 time with friends but when I'm alone I don't play consolized games like Assassin's creed anymore.... 

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 08:39:38 PM »

You're 28, a young chick. In one of the old deathmatch clans in SoF2 called (OMG) there was a canadian chick called Faby who was 40. All the founding members were around 30. In the most well-known infiltration clan called {{{MDK}}}, (murder death kill not mad dog killers, that's another clan), the guys you see in the clanwar vid, everybody's around 35, and the female member called Kaz is the oldest one :gleam:.

I am lying, in fact I am 68  :rofl_2:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 07:49:12 AM »

Modded Tennis Elbow 2011 is best tennis game, with complete tour, all tournaments from futures to Slams, with thousands of real players, courts etc. And what is most important it is not arcadish like Virtua Tennis or Top Spin. it is by the far best tennis simulation.
I used to play games often, mostly RPG's and FPS. I am big fan of The Elder Scrolls serials so I cant wait for TES: Online.  :)

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 06:02:43 AM »
Check out the US Army's free recruiting game, America's Army 3 .... It's awesome. It's the perfect combination of the modern and the old school. Those who say unreal engine is not good for multiplayer games haven't seen this game yet. The best thing is that it's not just an ordinary game, it's a simulator. The gameplay is a lot more complex than that of CoD games. For example you can steady your aim for every gun not just the sniper, if you get shot the gameplay changes according to the injury you have. If you get shot in the leg you walk more slowly, in the arm, your aim becomes more inaccurate. In case  you get a critical injury one of the teammates has to treat you/bring you back from unconsciousness or immobilizing injury. So it's not the call of duty kinda "I crouch in a corner and auto-heal" Check a gameplay vid:
[HD] Americas Army 3 - Pipeline Gameplay

The maps are built very intelligently, some of them are huge and will remind the player of Arma 2, but even the small maps are so detailed that the experienced player can use the environment for tactical purposes.  The guns are amazing, the nade launcher is a work of art, you can play all day with it and never get bored. It will be every player's favourite toy. Apart from multiplayer, the player can do all sorts of trainings, as you advance in rank you will get more complex trainings and better equipment.  You can win all kinds of awards and medals. The game uses punkbuster anticheat, not one of these system-hogging rootkits most free shooters use, it also has inbuilt teamspeak so you only need a mike. It's great that you have to secure injured enemies bec an injured enemy can still talk through his TS.
The developers put their hearts and souls into this game, they go so often for the complex solutions and features which are hard as heck to implement it's jawdropping. Also they are improving the game and eliminating the bugs and glitches all the time. I often hear people ingame joking about the taxpayers' money being spent on a shooter game but this game's worth every $.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 06:11:55 AM by Nekromanta »

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 10:33:58 AM »
I found this old screenshot of mine. This is me when I've won one of the most crowded cagefights ever in SoF2, using a bayonet. You can post screenshot of your internet ownages in this thread too guys :gleam:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:02:50 AM by Nekro t4u »

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 07:38:31 AM »
I started to play classic Battlefield 1942. It is free now and it just reminds me how good that game was back in time and still is.