Author Topic: ATP 1000 Paris Masters  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: ATP 1000 Paris Masters
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 11:28:33 AM »
saw janowicz for the first time today........he's enjoying these slow courts and the time he is getting off these surfaces to wind up and hammer forehands and do a lot of dropshots as well........

indoor means no wind effect on the serve and groundstrokes........we need to see how he does outdoors where conditions will be lively and faster........i think he needs to improve his defense a lot to get into the top 20........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2012, 11:31:23 AM »
Paris Master is using slow indoor hard courts this year?

We see this guy has monster serve, good variety, big forehand, good reflex and movement for big giant player. However, we need to see this young player can put all his weapons in a consistent way. The area he need to improve is game logic, tactic and consistency.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 11:38:26 AM by williamchung7 »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »
yes, paris was fast until 2006 when it used carpet.......2007 was the year they changed the surface to a slow hardcourt........indoors makes it even more slower.........pretty much every indoor event is slow as hell these days except basel and probably stockholm........world toast finals is dead slow........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2012, 11:40:59 AM »
I heard they use fast court last year. Anyway I forget.
Never mind, most tournament are slow in this date.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2012, 11:48:24 AM »
what we heard was just blatant lies by fedlovers........they try (and pathetically fail of course) to brainwash casual tennis fans that whatever their player wins is on a fast surface........

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2012, 11:58:43 AM »
Llodra a joy to watch when on  :gleam:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2012, 12:07:07 PM »
I review some of past match results for this young player. He improves his ranking this year. Surprisely
, he only plays 53 matches in his entire career including 41 challenge matches. He is 21 years old already. Regard some comments on internet, he is extremely poor and cann't offer transport, accomodation...etc, so he played less match in the past.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Ja/J/Jerzy-Janowicz.aspx?t=pa

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2012, 12:18:19 PM »

ferrer will grind him out......

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2012, 12:22:09 PM »

ferrer will grind him out......

Most likely, but I'm enjoying watching Llodra's game! Which is soon completely gone.....
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2012, 12:33:48 PM »
what we heard was just blatant lies by fedlovers........they try (and pathetically fail of course) to brainwash casual tennis fans that whatever their player wins is on a fast surface........

This was uncalled for... :)>>>>

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2012, 02:12:53 PM »
Llodra vs Ferrer ..... i just couldn't decide who i want to see in final

"Llodra a joy to watch when on " and i like him,but i like Ferrer too and his game is super

tomorrow will be same problem: breakthrough title for newcomer  :) or well deserved career crown for veteran of the game  :)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2012, 02:24:28 PM »
Llodra vs Ferrer ..... i just couldn't decide who i want to see in final

"Llodra a joy to watch when on " and i like him,but i like Ferrer too and his game is super

tomorrow will be same problem: breakthrough title for newcomer  :) or well deserved career crown for veteran of the game  :)

I'll be pulling for Ferrer.

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2012, 06:20:07 PM »

Virtually every post by Start da Game is uncalled for.  :rofl_2:
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »
ferru for the title. go ferru. :))

Offline Scofield

• Tennis Player
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2012, 07:56:39 PM »
yes, paris was fast until 2006 when it used carpet.......2007 was the year they changed the surface to a slow hardcourt........indoors makes it even more slower.........pretty much every indoor event is slow as hell these days except basel and probably stockholm........world toast finals is dead slow........
How does indoors make the game even more slower? It shouldn't be the opposite? 'Cause theoretically without the wind resistance, the ball goes faster. 

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2012, 08:11:56 PM »
welcome to  the forums Scofield.

pretty cool sig there.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2012, 10:00:09 PM »

No Sleep, No Problem For Jerzy
Paris, France
by ATP Staff

© Getty Images
Jerzy Janowicz has defeated four Top 20 players in Paris.
 Jerzy Janowicz doesn’t want his dream run to end at the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris. So much so that the reality of what he’s accomplished this week has even claimed victory over his ability to fall asleep.

On Friday, following his quarter-final win over ninth-ranked Janko Tipsarevic, Janowicz revealed he struggled to snooze Thursday night after ousting World No. 3 Andy Murray from match point down.

“I could sleep, no problem. I slept very well two hours, so no problem to sleep whatsoever,” Janowicz joked with a laugh. “I stayed on my computer for a few hours. I just went to sleep at 5 a.m. I just was not able to sleep [last] night, but as I can see, it doesn't matter if I sleep. I don't eat. Right now I'm playing the best tennis of my life, and I hope tomorrow I can play even better.”

In defeating Tipsarevic, Janowicz became the first player from Poland to reach the semi-finals of an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event. Since coming through the qualifying rounds, Janowicz has reeled off four straight wins against Top 20 opposition and will face 20th-ranked Gilles Simon on Saturday.

“The semi-final is something unbelievable for me and for my family. My family was crying after yesterday's match and after today's match,” said Janowicz. “So this is an unbelievable week for my whole family. Maybe because of this win, I will get some bigger sponsors because I was struggling at the beginning of this year and last year a little bit with money.

“This year I didn't go to Australian Open because I just didn't have money to play this tournament, so I hope after this week, my life will change a little bit, and actually it changed already. (Laughter.)”

When asked where he acquired his mental toughness, Janowicz divulged, “I was a bad boy at primary school. In high school, I was fighting with everyone, with the teachers. I was a really bad guy. Somehow it's really not easy for me to explain why I'm that kind of guy. Yesterday, I played against Andy Murray and I didn't feel pressure at all. I just was trying to play my best tennis.”

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2012, 02:23:07 AM »
Sunday, 4 November 2012

COURT CENTRAL
Start 12:15 pm
[5] Mahesh Bhupathi (IND)/Rohan Bopanna (IND) v [7] Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi (PAK)/Jean-Julien Rojer (NED)
Not Before 3:00 PM
[Q] Jerzy Janowicz (POL) v [4] David Ferrer (ESP)
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2012, 07:27:05 AM »

Virtually every post by Start da Game is uncalled for.  :rofl_2:

truth hurts i see......

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2012, 07:38:59 AM »
i have a feeling that ferrer is the one who's under pressure today, not janowicz.......