Author Topic: The Castle  (Read 18662 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: The Castle
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2015, 04:52:39 AM »
Haas got beat but the main thing is that he's back, he should get somewhat better.
Just too bad how injuries hurt his career.

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #261 on: June 13, 2015, 04:41:52 AM »
Haas got beat but the main thing is that he's back, he should get somewhat better.
I'd love to see him get a few more wins before retiring.
Aside from the mental meltdowns, I enjoy his style of tennis.

We are left to speculate what might have been if his career hadn't been plagued with injuries and setbacks.  Oh well.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #262 on: June 13, 2015, 04:54:45 AM »

We are left to speculate what might have been if his career hadn't been plagued with injuries and setbacks.  Oh well.

I forgot about the mental part.
He was a strong player, the last time he came back he started to show some pretty good form and then again problems.

No telling if he could have resolved those mental problems, having success can overcome a lot of those problems at times.

But yeah, I'd like him to get a few titles or at least some good wins at any level.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 04:55:47 AM by Swish »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #263 on: June 21, 2015, 08:40:25 PM »

Tommy should be able to pull some big wins once more.

His comeback is again promising.
He's pretty good with the groundstrokes and pretty decent mentally.
The only thing that's lacking at the moment(and its's also expected) is his serve. It's nowhere near as it used to be and he was pretty reckless with rushing to the net after serve without actually having one.
It's only understandable because the shoulder is till sore and unfortunately it won't be at 100% never again. So, drop in service power is to be expected but not to the point to keep him out of competition before the last push before the retirement.
He looked pretty good in all 3 matches so far but he needs the serve and more matches before making an comeback impact like in 2009 and 2013.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2015, 04:40:54 AM »

Tommy should be able to pull some big wins once more.

His comeback is again promising.
He's pretty good with the groundstrokes and pretty decent mentally.
The only thing that's lacking at the moment(and its's also expected) is his serve. It's nowhere near as it used to be and he was pretty reckless with rushing to the net after serve without actually having one.
It's only understandable because the shoulder is till sore and unfortunately it won't be at 100% never again. So, drop in service power is to be expected but not to the point to keep him out of competition before the last push before the retirement.
He looked pretty good in all 3 matches so far but he needs the serve and more matches before making an comeback impact like in 2009 and 2013.
A drop in service ability could spell disaster for his confidence.  It will be interesting to see how he handles it.  :fingers crossed:
CONK da ball!!!