Author Topic: Paris tanking  (Read 944 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Paris tanking
« on: November 01, 2012, 03:00:37 PM »
sorry to open a new thread but this is so hilarious. Nole, Murray and DP losing like clowns not giving a sh!t. OK, at least Nole chosed to lose to Sam, not too bad. then Murray loses to this Jankowitz guy (sorry can't spell his name and I have no clue who he is), then DP loses to Llodra. this is out of my mind.  :rofl_2:

tank, tank and tank some more  :)>>>> at least Fed didn't show up. this is probably the worst tournament in tennis history  :innocent:

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
Re: Paris tanking
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 03:19:16 PM »
I agree.

i called the Murray tank before the tournament began to friends, in fact i recommend it.

Paris is just too close to the year end. Because of the physicality of the game these days players just have to prioritise more.
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 03:38:44 PM »
Jess, I know but this is really bad. of course I know the top guys are obligated to play this mess. God forbid, Nole got something like $400K just to be there. I'm questing our human nature right now. no way in hell that Murray loses to this Jantz guy. Nole is moving so much better than Sam, he blew him off the court so many times, yet he managed to lose today somehow, being up 6:0 2:0. and DP, I won't even go there.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:01:55 AM by Alex »

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 02:22:42 AM »
Sweet! I like this thread. This part of the year is completely superfluous. Many players don't care. Can't say that about the GS season.

Thank you Alex.   ;-()
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 03:54:26 AM »
so who will have enough gas left for WTF?

it is clear that they are all worn out. especially the top guns. they are the ones who go deep in all the big events.

this is a rough time of the year for them.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 06:10:56 AM »
Sweet! I like this thread. This part of the year is completely superfluous. Many players don't care. Can't say that about the GS season.

Thank you Alex.   ;-()
Excellent use of the word!
The look on your face in the avi is hilarious!!! :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 08:13:03 AM »

Thank you Alex.   ;-()
babs is a genius. you and I are just mortals  :). deal with it  :)), but I love his avi. poor Babs looks too tired before the WTF. he also underperformed in Paris. what the heck. he'll win WTF. Go Babs   :dance 2:

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 10:36:12 AM »
sorry to open a new thread but this is so hilarious. Nole, Murray and DP losing like clowns not giving a sh!t. OK, at least Nole chosed to lose to Sam, not too bad. then Murray loses to this Jankowitz guy (sorry can't spell his name and I have no clue who he is), then DP loses to Llodra. this is out of my mind.  :rofl_2:

tank, tank and tank some more  :)>>>> at least Fed didn't show up. this is probably the worst tournament in tennis history  :innocent:

But Paris is tricky, no? Eight players have already qualified to play just next week and that's a much bigger tournament; in fact, 5th biggest of a year minus this year as it also had the Olympics and every top player wants it and  so the main battle will be there. I love Indoors and I love this Paris tournament, but after this latest debacle, as in players tanking early, they really need to reschedule it better. I hear they are moving this to February perhaps next year? I am not 100% sure however.

And JJ is in the final, mind you. And he's awesome to watch. So instead of complaining like a biatch all the time, try enjoying the lesser ranked players for once, will you?
You are everything I am not.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 11:31:04 AM »
murray did not tank.......he served for the match and lead 30-0 before janowicz started blasting him.......murray din't see that type of tennis coming at him all of a sudden and din't know what to do.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 12:23:25 PM »
whenever top dogs lose, its tanking  ..-) ..-)

Sorry Llodra and Janowitz you didn't win your matches because you truly deserved it...
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 03:53:22 PM »

But Paris is tricky, no? Eight players have already qualified to play just next week and that's a much bigger tournament; in fact, 5th biggest of a year minus this year as it also had the Olympics and every top player wants it and  so the main battle will be there. I love Indoors and I love this Paris tournament, but after this latest debacle, as in players tanking early, they really need to reschedule it better. I hear they are moving this to February perhaps next year? I am not 100% sure however.

And JJ is in the final, mind you. And he's awesome to watch. So instead of complaining like a biatch all the time, try enjoying the lesser ranked players for once, will you?

uh, oh, Emma is teaching me a lesson. love it. Mods, something needs to be done with this woman. I had it enough  :)~
Emma, here is a song for you
It goes, like she was the meanest cat in Chicago town, Ma, Ma Baker, Ma Emma  :))... Ma Emma could never cry ... listen to it, it's you hun
Boney M - Ma Baker 1976

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Re: Paris tanking
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 09:04:35 AM »

Thank you Alex.   ;-()

Serena was swinging her racquet in my face screaming that the ball was out!

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif