Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

2012 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, 11/5-12/2012

<< < (31/31)

FedFanForever:

--- Quote from: Emma on November 20, 2012, 02:07:19 PM ---Federer is not determined to win everything. He's supposed to lose some. But it's interesting to notice that he's consistently lost to the top 3 far more than to anyone else. Two of them, in fact, lead the H2H.

--- End quote ---

Stop spouting logic on an internet forum, people are liable to get the wrong idea!

Alex:

--- Quote from: phoneix on November 18, 2012, 02:18:33 PM ---It doesn't matter what the cause was. Federer had never made the final in Paris, losing to Monfils, Benneteau etc. He hadn't reached the final of IW since 2006 (lost to Baghdatis, Fish, Canas). He hadn't won Dubai since 2007.

There's no need to even consider the top 4. From USO '11 to USO '12, Federer failed to reached the semis once. That's the consistency he was missing in previous years, where he lost early in one of the summer tournaments, or in Paris or IW/Miami, or Rome.

--- End quote ---
not sure what I'm missing here. Didn't Fed win Paris last year def. Tsonga :confused1:? if you are talking about RG Paris, he won that too.

phoneix:

--- Quote from: Alex on November 21, 2012, 11:38:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: phoneix on November 18, 2012, 02:18:33 PM ---It doesn't matter what the cause was. Federer had never made the final in Paris, losing to Monfils, Benneteau etc. He hadn't reached the final of IW since 2006 (lost to Baghdatis, Fish, Canas). He hadn't won Dubai since 2007.

There's no need to even consider the top 4. From USO '11 to USO '12, Federer failed to reached the semis once. That's the consistency he was missing in previous years, where he lost early in one of the summer tournaments, or in Paris or IW/Miami, or Rome.

--- End quote ---
not sure what I'm missing here. Didn't Fed win Paris last year def. Tsonga :confused1:? if you are talking about RG Paris, he won that too.

--- End quote ---
I'm talking about before his October 2011 - August 2012 period. Federer hadn't reached the final of Paris before last November.

Alex:

--- Quote from: phoneix on November 21, 2012, 04:43:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Alex on November 21, 2012, 11:38:41 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I'm talking about before his October 2011 - August 2012 period. Federer hadn't reached the final of Paris before last November.

--- End quote ---
oh, OK. get it. misunderstood what you were saying  btw,  :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version