Author Topic: 2012 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, 11/5-12/2012  (Read 7996 times)

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
Re: 2012 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, 11/5-12/2012
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 10:13:45 PM »
BTW, I'd watched the second doubles match and that was just too good. Well done Paes & Stepanek - these 2 guys make an awesome team!  :cool:

DAY 2 RESULTS:

(8) J Marray/F Nielsen defeats (5) M Bhupathi/R Bopanna 6-4 6-7(1) 12-10
(2) R Federer defeats (8) J Tipsarevic 6-3 6-1   
(3) L Paes/R Stepanek defeats (7) A Qureshi/J Rojer 6-4 7-5
(4) D Ferrer defeats (6) J Del Potro 6-3 3-6 6-4   

DAY 3 ORDER OF PLAY:

Afternoon: 12:00 PM START
Robert Lindstedt/Horia Tecau vs Mahesh Bhupathi/Rohan Bopanna

Afternoon: 1:45 PM START
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic
H2H: 7-9

Evening: 6:00 PM START
Max Mirnyi/Daniel Nestor vs Jonathan Marray/Frederik Nielsen

Evening: 7:45 PM START
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs Tomas Berdych
H2H: 1-3

* All times in British Standard Time (BST)
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 11:50:16 PM »
avantika,

when rafa wins nobody feels bored.......even when novak won last year, nobody felt bored because it was refreshing.......people don't like washed up old guns like ferrer and federer vulturing on tournaments where nadal is absent, djokovic is jaded and murray is clearly done with the season.......

alex,

he is playing abu dhabi exo which starts on 27th december........he will also play doha before AO........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2012, 02:35:26 AM »
avantika,

when rafa wins nobody feels bored.......even when novak won last year, nobody felt bored because it was refreshing.......people don't like washed up old guns like ferrer and federer vulturing on tournaments where nadal is absent, djokovic is jaded and murray is clearly done with the season.......

alex,

he is playing abu dhabi exo which starts on 27th december........he will also play doha before AO........

Let me see, Federer & Ferrer look fit & fighting! Nadal on the other hand, looks pretty washed up to me.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2012, 02:46:16 AM »
he will be fine when he returns.......next year is going to be nadal's and del potro's.......nadal will win AO and FO.......del potro will win wimbledon........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2012, 04:26:55 AM »
avantika,

alex,

amount of untrue statements you are making is starting to be disturbing!

TV ratings of nadal & djoper finals were poor all over the world ( easy to check for US at  TVbytheNumbers) while Fed vs Andy was record breaking

nobody wants to see grown man touching himself and having intimate relation with towel for 5,5 hours ( new ATP rules were added because of that)

"WTF is a joke" ???  joke is Doping Control in tennis that allows EPO & Micro-Dosing Steroids fueled cheaters to be on tour

this year London Olympic games saved tennis with new strict Anti doping Policy : very different results before Wimbledon (to close to OG to dope-up) and after!

ps
lance armstrong will not be only one stripped of titles  :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>>

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2012, 04:48:41 AM »
avantika,

alex,

amount of untrue statements you are making is starting to be disturbing!

TV ratings of nadal & djoper finals were poor all over the world ( easy to check for US at  TVbytheNumbers) while Fed vs Andy was record breaking

nobody wants to see grown man touching himself and having intimate relation with towel for 5,5 hours ( new ATP rules were added because of that)

"WTF is a joke" ???  joke is Doping Control in tennis that allows EPO & Micro-Dosing Steroids fueled cheaters to be on tour

this year London Olympic games saved tennis with new strict Anti doping Policy : very different results before Wimbledon (to close to OG to dope-up) and after!

ps
lance armstrong will not be only one stripped of titles  :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>>

keep dreaming about banning nadal, shows how much fear nadal has instilled in fedtards even with a broken knee and half the time absent on tour........

wimbledon happens to be the most televised tennis tournament, hence those slightly higher tv ratings, not because it was mandy and fedoriva........

AO and FO finals this year were clearly the best compared to that rigged indoor crap we had at wimbledon........

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2012, 05:12:37 AM »
"Federer-Murray -- ESPNís Best Tennis rating Ever"

"Compared to Wimbledon 2011 With the addition of exclusivity, the audience for this yearís ESPN/ESPN2 presentation was 65 percent larger than ESPN2ís audience in 2011, an average of 981,000 viewers (P2+), up from 596,000. The average rating was up 40 percent, from 0.5 to 0.7 (U.S. ratings)."
source tvbythenumbers
facts are something you just do not get, so no more replies  :gleam:

back to superb event WTF :

amazing showdown between Ferrer & DelPo .......
the way Ferrer was playing :) :) :) ,the way Delpo was hitting ball in 2nd set  :) :) :) ....

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:14:36 AM by alk11 »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2012, 08:46:13 AM »
correct.......us ratings = world ratings, and andy murray (local boy) making history for britain = serbian sensation djokovic winning his first wimbledon........ 

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2012, 08:55:37 AM »
djokovic seems to be the more tired player today........

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »
good news  "The ATP says its season-ending finals will stay in London for an extra two years to 2015."

djoper was very impressive against Andy  :whistle: (hope that his dad will be ok)

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 12:30:39 PM »
avantika,

Let's agree to disagree. We are never gonna see eye to eye on these matters.

2012 Djokovic is jaded?  :rofl_2:

2012 Murray is done with the season?  :rofl_2:

Keep up the comedy show, dude!  :)~
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2012, 01:16:36 PM »
correct........everyone is fresh as sea breeze and ready to battle........let the games roll........

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2012, 02:40:50 PM »
Federer getting titles at the end of the season???? Where have you been all this year? I he won wimby by taking Out Djoker and Murray and he has won 5titles in the first part of the season...

This is what I mean about just posting for the heck of it and turning it into some kind of dispute or controversy...

Now, I know, wimby shouldn't count or should have an asterisk according to you, the other titles (where masters are included) should be Mickey mouse tourneys or the other ones were tired or some other lame ass excuse...

You always have some posts lacking of good content... I miss the Shank that "added" something to this forum and not the one we have been seeing for the past 2/3 years... Oh wait,.,.,....

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:41:21 PM by mav140 »

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 04:22:22 PM »
Congrats Alex on today,never saw the match but sounds like a close one :)

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 06:08:54 PM »
Congrats Alex on today,never saw the match but sounds like a close one :)
thank you Sid, but the match was very close. It's always the same when they play. Novak is clutch or crazy, not sure what to think any more  :). Andy just needs to learn how to control his emotions better (I do to btw, but Emma is something, lol  :))). everything is still very open tho.

the only thing that I'm really impressed with Nole is his net game. that was his weakness and suddenly he started playing net like  JMac or something. Murray didn't expected it. I'm just about to watch the match again as I was so tired earlier and had to watch some silly live stream.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:44:34 PM by Alex »

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2012, 05:03:40 AM »
Novakovic is going to win the WTF.
Even with a single handed backhand and a wooden racquet.

His agility is so amazing. They should cast Novak Djokovic for the sequel of The Amazing Spiderman instead of this Andrew Garfield. Djokovic and Emma Stone would make a lovely couple.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2012, 09:25:52 AM »
Fed playing really beautiful. Some nice volley shots.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2012, 09:58:53 AM »
Ouch, Fed playing real bad 28/39, that's not going to win him the event.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline phoneix

• Tennis Player
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2012, 01:02:18 PM »
If Nadal and Djokovic can be fresh for Davis Cup, I don't see why they can't be fresh for the WTF.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »
Novakovic is going to win the WTF.
Even with a single handed backhand and a wooden racquet.

His agility is so amazing. They should cast Novak Djokovic for the sequel of The Amazing Spiderman instead of this Andrew Garfield. Djokovic and Emma Stone would make a lovely couple.
  :rofl_2: funny. I don't know man. the way he is moving, sliding, whatever is just out of this world. commentators called him a cheetah and he is.