Author Topic: 2012 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, 11/5-12/2012  (Read 8827 times)

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
Re: 2012 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, 11/5-12/2012
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2012, 11:48:39 AM »
Congratulations to Djokovic on a fine win. I saw the conclusion and he had Del Potro ragged. I heard in the aftermath, he came back from a set and a break down to triumph - no mean feat! Well done Del Potro on a good season overall. I hope he can raise the bar next season and possibly challenge the Djokovic-Murray duopoly! Luck to Novak in the final, for the crowd support will be in the Scot's favour in the finale!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
never in doubt on this ridiculously slow court.......del potro had djokovic on a string through the first hour of the match playing at a really high level........a slight drop is all what was needed and this slow ass court did the rest.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2012, 03:39:19 PM »
never in doubt on this ridiculously slow court.......del potro had djokovic on a string through the first hour of the match playing at a really high level........a slight drop is all what was needed and this slow ass court did the rest.......

It comes down to endurance, DelPo slowed down considerably after the first set.
Djokovic keeps the pressure on and you have to have a high level throughout the match against him.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2012, 03:42:06 PM »
We have a Fed Djokovic final.

Tough to call but Fed has to be the favorite, it's the ATP Fed Finals afterall.  :king:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2012, 04:19:39 PM »
I've been so out of the loop. Still following the scorelines and story lines on my phone but not able to come here.

How have the matches at the WTF been? I feel like it's been very .. true to expectations: Berdych and Tsonga make a little hype, play well in patches but ultimately couldn't pull off any upsets.. Djokovic murray play another tight match, this one going to Djokovic. Tipsarevic was not really a factor in any discussion. Ferrer won everything he should have and lost everything. Del potro gave Fed another tough fight and this time actually came through with the win, Federer was good enough to make it to the semis but not exactly spectacular - which pretty much no one has been.

Semis seems to have been a little more interesting and we are down to a Fed vs. Djokovic final which I think is a fitting end to the year. Djokovic is number 1 for the year regardless but a Fed victory here would be a little embarassing for Djokovic, not to mention, he would love to put some finality to his top ranking by beating his only big challenger, capturing a prestigious tournament that has eluded him before and also dethroning Fed from what is essentially one of his most successful tournaments through his career. 

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2012, 04:41:45 PM »
Nole is clutch or let's say it he never gives up. DP played well for a while, but this was never in doubt. some guys on MTF were saying, DP was tired. I'm like, everyone is tired. Nole, started moving like a cat (making DP move left/right etc.), and there was nothing DP could do. I knew it was over. Fitness is a big part of modern tennis.

Kudos to Fed, for sure. Murray was just meh. looking forward to the final. I'm drooling right now.  :))

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »
Come on Nole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
2012 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, 11/5-12/2012
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2012, 05:19:08 PM »
I didn't get a chance to see any of the matches today but I have them on tape. I left my house at 7:15 this morning and still haven't made it back home yet! It's now 5:18 and I still have one more service to go tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2012, 05:50:54 PM »

Good wins for Djokovic and Fed!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2012, 08:03:57 PM »

one thing. I really have to give you some credit for being so respectful and objective all the time  :))

I was just posting on MTF and so many people are going crazy (both Fed and Nole fans/tards ). It's like a freaking war or something  :\. Serbia is trying to occupy  Switzerland or it's the other way around, not sure  :whistle:

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2012, 09:07:11 PM »

one thing. I really have to give you some credit for being so respectful and objective all the time  :))

I was just posting on MTF and so many people are going crazy (both Fed and Nole fans/tards ). It's like a freaking war or something  :\. Serbia is trying to occupy  Switzerland or it's the other way around, not sure  :whistle:

Thanks!!!
Looking at the round robin league matches, I thought Djokovic will run through DelPotro in straight sets, instead it was tighter than I expected.
I thought Murray will beat Federer (seeing how Fed struggled against  Ferrer and Delpo) in 3 sets, instead Federer gets the win relatively comfortably in the end.

Just shows one how unpredictable this game of tennis can be.

I have no idea what to expect for tomorrows final.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2012, 10:38:13 PM »
hola general tennisfan. :))

congrats on the big fed victory today. he still has major game.

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2012, 04:50:16 AM »
If Roger wins, he equals McEnroe with 77 titles and becomes joint #3 in the Open era, behind Connors (109) and Lendl (94).

If Novak wins, he will join the ranks of Borg and Hewitt, who have won the year ending championships twice.
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2012, 07:20:59 AM »
never in doubt really on this ridiculously slow court and dead conditions with no wind indoors........murray who is also mentally jaded had no chance on this sort of court against a slow courts player like federer........

how apt that djokovic and federer the two biggest beneficiaries of slow courts and surface homogenization face off in the final........i really couldn't care any less about the winner.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2012, 07:34:32 AM »
never in doubt really on this ridiculously slow court and dead conditions with no wind indoors........murray who is also mentally jaded had no chance on this sort of court against a slow courts player like federer........

how apt that djokovic and federer the two biggest beneficiaries of slow courts and surface homogenization face off in the final........i really couldn't care any less about the winner.......
Murray was clueless today. Shank, please say hi to Emma if you see her today. and start feeling some love, it'll help my friend.  :)). Rafa will come back for Gods sake, just relax  :)>>>>
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:37:22 AM by Alex »

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2012, 07:36:40 AM »
What time is the final today?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2012, 08:26:22 AM »
Final is live on espn2 at 3pm eastern time

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2012, 08:41:55 AM »

Don't forget Rafa - he has benefited too.  :)
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2012, 08:46:38 AM »

Don't forget Rafa - he has benefited too.  :)

yes, he is third in the list.......

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2012, 11:16:15 AM »
hola general tennisfan. :))

congrats on the big fed victory today. he still has major game.

Hi Herc!

when is Rafa coming back?