Author Topic: 2012 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, 11/5-12/2012  (Read 7558 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: 2012 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, 11/5-12/2012
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2012, 10:25:55 AM »
avan, he saw djokovic's name on the towel and yet he din't move from there.......that is very careless, rude, sore, bitter and awkward i am afraid to say.......

props, age is insignificant when he keeps moving like that and keeps producing tennis like that......fed is still in his peak, it's just that these days he has to deal with 3 to 4 players who can beat him on a given day.......personally i think 2010 and 2011 were his best years in terms of level of play.......he had better results in mid 00s because the field was clearly way weaker than today.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2012, 02:04:32 PM »
avan, he saw djokovic's name on the towel and yet he din't move from there.......that is very careless, rude, sore, bitter and awkward i am afraid to say.......

props, age is insignificant when he keeps moving like that and keeps producing tennis like that......fed is still in his peak, it's just that these days he has to deal with 3 to 4 players who can beat him on a given day.......personally i think 2010 and 2011 were his best years in terms of level of play.......he had better results in mid 00s because the field was clearly way weaker than today.......

True and true, thats what I constantly saying.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2012, 03:04:56 PM »

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: LOL ROFL!!!!
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2012, 09:37:30 PM »
Congrats to Novak, he was just clutch in fighting it out. I love Fed/Novak matchup! Solid number 1 and number 2 ranking for both players and well deserved!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2012, 09:48:49 PM »
Bencherer  :rofl_2:. just too funny (someone came up with this new nick on MTF). I'll try to post some pics tho. too funny or not, you decide  :king:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2012, 04:14:56 PM »
Bencherer  :rofl_2:. just too funny (someone came up with this new nick on MTF). I'll try to post some pics tho. too funny or not, you decide  :king:

Thank god Fed has his 6 titles, or else I'd not find it all very funny!
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2012, 12:50:41 AM »

dallas would modify that name benchmarkerer.......  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: 
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2012, 06:04:19 PM »

'fed is still at his peak' you f**king moron troll, there are stats that show the optimum age for a tennis player is between 22 and 25, arbitrarily defining peak whenever it suits your stupid bias measures you, idiot.
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2012, 06:41:49 PM »
Not quiet. There are examples where a player peaked either much earlier or later. Andy is peaking right now and he's already 25, so the next 3 to 5 years should be his peak time. Agassi also peaked much later. Same goes for Patrick Rafter. All late bloomers.
You are everything I am not.

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2012, 07:01:22 PM »
Not quiet. There are examples where a player peaked either much earlier or later. Andy is peaking right now and he's already 25, so the next 3 to 5 years should be his peak time. Agassi also peaked much later. Same goes for Patrick Rafter. All late bloomers.

Agassi peaked much later, care to show me the figures on that one? even if he did, it doesn't mean most players peak between those years.  How could you know whether andy is peaking unless his career is over, a peak can only be established post facto.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2012, 07:07:38 PM »

Agassi peaked much later, care to show me the figures on that one? even if he did, it doesn't mean most players peak between those years.  How could you know whether andy is peaking unless his career is over, a peak can only be established post facto.
Jess, you need to understand few things about Emma. She, like most girls (sorry 'other' girls :))), will pretend she knows what she is talking about but she has no clue.. I still love her tho  :))

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2012, 07:08:46 PM »

Jess, you need to understand few things about Emma. She, like most girls (sorry 'other' girls :))), will pretend she knows what she is talking about but she has no clue.. I still love her tho  :))

Patronising, but i like it.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2012, 07:13:39 PM »

Agassi peaked from 1999 to 2003 as 5 of his 8 majors came in that time frame. And he was 29 in 1999.

Andy is peaking right now. He's showing signs of peaking and next year will tell a lot.

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2012, 07:27:33 PM »

Agassi peaked from 1999 to 2003 as 5 of his 8 majors came in that time frame. And he was 29 in 1999.

Andy is peaking right now. He's showing signs of peaking and next year will tell a lot.

how can you know if andy is peaking right now, he might win two slams next year!
Agassi won 5 majors before 30, if his peak was 30 the logic is that he would win 5 after, he didn't With bland predicitability everyone gives Agassi as an example of someone who wins slams over 30, which is true, but it doesn't prove that it's a statistical norm, he's the exception, most players win between 22 and 25, which is the norm this year, Fed is the exception to that norm, it doesn't mean the norm is abandoned.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2012, 07:34:41 PM »

how can you know if andy is peaking right now, he might win two slams next year!
Agassi won 5 majors before 30, if his peak was 30 the logic is that he would win 5 after, he didn't With bland predicitability everyone gives Agassi as an example of someone who wins slams over 30, which is true, but it doesn't prove that it's a statistical norm, he's the exception, most players win between 22 and 25, which is the norm this year, Fed is the exception to that norm, it doesn't mean the norm is abandoned.

You left out Patrick Rafter who peaked in 1997 at age 25, so Agassi is not the only one. Ferrer, for example, is playing the best tennis of his life right now and he's hit 30 this year and has won 7 titles.

I am not saying you were wrong in what you said but that it's not always the case.

So how much alcohol have we consumed tonight so far?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:35:36 PM by Emma »

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2012, 07:37:52 PM »

You left out Patrick Rafter who peaked in 1997 at age 25, so Agassi is not the only one. Ferrer, for example, is playing the best tennis of his life right now and he's hit 30 this year and has won 7 titles.

I am not saying you were wrong in what you said but that it's not always the case.

So how much alcohol have we consumed tonight?

i've consumed a lot of alcohol tonight-but i'm still a f**king smartarse.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2012, 07:41:45 PM »
Yes, you are. You are talking out of it after all.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2012, 01:01:39 AM »

'fed is still at his peak' you f**king moron troll, there are stats that show the optimum age for a tennis player is between 22 and 25, arbitrarily defining peak whenever it suits your stupid bias measures you, idiot.

there are also stats that show that ideal age for peak is 25 - 30, stats which show that ideal age for peak is 18 - 22, and stats which show that ideal age for peak is 28 - 32.......

becker won 4 of his 6 slams before he hit 22........agassi won 5 of his 8 slams after he hit 28.......lendl won 7 of his 8 slams after age 25.......

you are just an angry little butthurt goon and nothing else........strictly speaking you don't even deserve my attention........

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2012, 01:06:18 AM »

So how much alcohol have we consumed tonight so far?

he leaves out everyone who doesn't fit his agenda and yet speaks about "norm"........stupid lame little clown trying too hard to come off as objective and hide his glazing fedtardism........

Offline phoneix

• Tennis Player
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2012, 05:46:11 AM »

Even if Federer was playing in a 'weak era', it doesn't mean it wasn't playing his best tennis. He was never tested, either way. In 2008 he started losing to his 'weak era' opponents. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:46:46 AM by phoneix »