Author Topic: Roger Federer? Hes not the best of all time. He would have lost tp McEnroe/Borg  (Read 3582 times)

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
you are pissed aren't you, put down that bottle, you can do it when you're older.
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
You guys are fighting like girls.  :)~
You are everything I am not.

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
Re: Roger Federer? Hes not the best of all time. He would have lost tp McEnroe
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2012, 04:48:31 AM »
Essentially, Becker is wondering whether you can compare tennis eras or not. And that is a question that cannot be answered. It is the same in any other sport (e.g. is Messi better than Maradonna?).

What is evident however, is that Federer (just like legends of the past such as Borg, McEnroe, and Lendl) is an exceptional talent. And talent is time-independent. It is likely that Federer with his unique talent would've won titles in the "wooden" era as well. But would he be able to beat Borg and McEnroe? No one knows.

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
Comparing different inequality era's is pointless! period.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
You guys are fighting like girls.  :)~
if I told you I was a girl who likes girls in real life, how would you feel about it? just wondering  :)~

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
Little fight is okay as long as it does not turn into a hate war thread which is close to happen here   :whistle:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Little fight is okay as long as it does not turn into a hate war thread which is close to happen here   :whistle:
hey first of all welcome. I guess you don't know us too well but you will. no little fights between me and Emma. just a BIG ONE. I always win because I'm smarter than her, more educated, have more money, listen to better music (she likes Britney Spears, yuk)  etc  :rofl_2:

we are just joking man (Not when it comes to Emma). Emmily darhling this is war  :)>>>> :))

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
hey first of all welcome. I guess you don't know us too well but you will. no little fights between me and Emma. just a BIG ONE. I always win because I'm smarter than her, more educated, have more money, listen to better music (she likes Britney Spears, yuk)  etc  :rofl_2:

we are just joking man (Not when it comes to Emma). Emmily darhling this is war  :)>>>> :))
Hello Alex  :), considering your superiority in every aspect I am completely on your side  :)~

Offline Alex

• Tennis God

Hello Alex  :), considering your superiority in every aspect I am completely on your side  :)~
thanks man, but wait till Her Royal Evil Majesty Emma Murray the First to show up. I'll be doomed, but I love it  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:38:44 AM by Alex »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Gee...I take a couple of days off and come back to a tennis fight... OK... let's just cool it down a little...ok guys?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Gee...I take a couple of days off and come back to a tennis fight... OK... let's just cool it down a little...ok guys?
define a little?  :))

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
 general alex dont mess with emma darling. :))

take her to the castle sports bar and buy here a few drinks if you seek a better return on your investment.

fight with her and you will be lucky to even get a handshake.  a few drinks and you will be able to steal a kiss from her.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Where's Conchita?

Fed best of all time? Here's a quote from elsewhere.

"I have to give it to him," he said. "He's won all the majors[15] now, and he will win a few more. So in my book he is."
-Sampras

For me he is the greatest player ever to play the game
-Borg

Roger is just the greatest player of all time
-McEnroe

Roger Federer certainly is my claim to be the best of all time if there is such a thing
-Laver

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Atta boy, Boris!  :laugh-bounce:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
And lo! Boom-Boom has changed his tune.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tennis/top-stories/Federer-couldve-competed-successfully-in-our-era-Becker/articleshow/17258860.cms?

so one more ex player turned clown (mcenroe)........it's not bitterness towards nadal or djokovic, he's just talking with the flow like mcenroe........forgetting all the history and losing it in the rush of the moment........how can you negate something what you said just a week ago or so.......

what net game did agassi have? seriously it's just sick how poor some of the statements from these legends are........

i am reminded of former aussie cricketer richie benaud's words - "whenever i din't know what to say, i kept my mouth shut instead of talking rubbish."

that was the answer given by bill to aussie journalists when they asked him what he thinks got him to the greatest cricket commentator position........ 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:41:14 AM by Start da Game »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline mav140

• Tennis God

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tennis/top-stories/Federer-couldve-competed-successfully-in-our-era-Becker/articleshow/17258860.cms?

so one more ex player turned clown (mcenroe)........it's not bitterness towards nadal or djokovic, he's just talking with the flow like mcenroe........forgetting all the history and losing it in the rush of the moment........how can you negate something what you said just a week ago or so.......

what net game did agassi have? seriously it's just sick how poor some of the statements from these legends are........

i am reminded of aussie cricketer bill laurie's words - "whenever i din't know what to say, i kept my mouth shut instead of talking rubbish."

that was the answer given by bill to aussie journalists when they asked him what he thinks got him to the greatest cricket commentator position........

You are one of a kind!!!! And I can't help myself from laughing.... Not too long ago, precisely 2 weeks, you said and I quote "Boris always speaks his minds and doesn't go with the flow" and then said that he is a guy worth listening to, instead of all the guys I pointed out: "Wilander, Cash, Agassi, McEnroe, Courier, Connor, etc..." Now we are supposed to forget about your first statement because it no longer suits your need???? You are hilarious!!!!! And lame...

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

i am reminded of aussie cricketer bill laurie's words - "whenever i din't know what to say, i kept my mouth shut instead of talking rubbish."

You are one of a kind!!!! And I can't help myself from laughing.... Not too long ago, precisely 2 weeks, you said and I quote "Boris always speaks his minds and doesn't go with the flow" and then said that he is a guy worth listening to, instead of all the guys I pointed out: "Wilander, Cash, Agassi, McEnroe, Courier, Connor, etc..." Now we are supposed to forget about your first statement because it no longer suits your need???? You are hilarious!!!!! And lame...

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

i was speaking based on his past history thus far........what can i do if he suddenly becomes a clown for one minute and contradicts what he himself said just few weeks ago.........

not even a month ago, he said that federer would lose to so and so.......now he comes with this........so i stop speaking for their actions the moment they deviate from truth........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline phoneix

• Tennis Player
If you ignore everything an 'expert' says that deviates from what you already believe, then you were never really considering their opinion in the first place.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
If you ignore everything an 'expert' says that deviates from what you already believe, then you were never really considering their opinion in the first place.

no.......he just contradicted what he said.......he said fed would have lost to mcenroe/borg.......then he goes onto say that he would be successful against somebody like himself(becker), GOAT sampras, edberg in the 90s.......how do you expect me to support this nonsense?