Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Is Federer retiring anytime soon ?

(1/23) > >>

medwatt:
Well, Federer said some 4 years ago was to play until Olympics 2012. Now that he's done so and got a medal in the process, I guess retirement should be in the vicinity of at most 2 years maybe !! Honestly I can't see Fed playing next Olympics. So what do you think guys ? How long do you think Fed will continue playing and do you expect him to suddenly retire (like Henin, Roddick, Ferrero) or inform the public that this will be his final year ? If so what tournament will he choose as his final ? Will it be Wimbledon or Basel ?

Alex:
I doubt he'll play in Brazil and there is not point playing there anyways. tennis and Olympics don't really agree with me. However, he is still doing very well and he loves tennis. at 31yo he is pretty much destroying anybody not called Nole, Rafa or Murray. I think as long as there is some passion left, he should keep playing. Fed is one in a million, tennis needs him. My feeling is he'll play probably next 2 years and then retire but who knows? I also think he'll slow down, playing less tournaments but he's been always smart with his schedule.

as for the place of retirement Wimbledon would be appropriate IMO.

FedFanForever:
Fed looked OLD out there today. Very ragged looking in the face and kind of slow.

Alex:

--- Quote from: FedFanForever on November 08, 2012, 08:36:57 PM ---Fed looked OLD out there today. Very ragged looking in the face and kind of slow.

--- End quote ---
hm, right he looked so old,  and he won.
Nole looked old against Murray too, yet he won ...
you get my point?  :)~ :))

FedFanForever:

--- Quote from: Alex on November 08, 2012, 09:17:54 PM ---hm, right he looked so old,  and he won.
Nole looked old against Murray too, yet he won ...
you get my point?  :)~ :))

--- End quote ---

I'm just giving ya some red meat Alex.  :king:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version