Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Is Federer retiring anytime soon ?

<< < (22/23) > >>

Swish:
Cahill: Federer is a better player now than he was 6-7 years ago

http://www.tennisr.com/talk/cahill-federer-is-a-better-player-now-than-he-was-6-7-years-ago-353795.html

sid:

--- Quote from: swish on January 19, 2013, 12:29:53 PM ---Cahill: Federer is a better player now than he was 6-7 years ago

http://www.tennisr.com/talk/cahill-federer-is-a-better-player-now-than-he-was-6-7-years-ago-353795.html

--- End quote ---

No weak players around in 2013 then :whistle:

medwatt:
I have a feeling doubt is settling in Federer's mind now and he might be thinking if its time to call quits. I hear he's playing Brisbane next year so I'm not sure how soon the announcement will come.

monstertruck:

--- Quote from: medwatt on July 26, 2013, 12:09:12 AM ---I have a feeling doubt is settling in Federer's mind now and he might be thinking if its time to call quits. I hear he's playing Brisbane next year so I'm not sure how soon the announcement will come.

--- End quote ---
Ya gotta wonder.
For one so confident and used to winning easily against the lower ranks, it will be interesting to see how long he is willing to tolerate the losses.

medwatt:
He has lost 3 matches to 3 players with 2 of them above 100 in the ranking and 1 at 55. I read that Fed attributes the loses to back injury. How much credible is the story I do not know. Fed doesn't just lose to 3 lowly-ranked players in a row too often so its impossible to say he's claim is just an excuse. The only other time I remember such thing happened was in 2008 when he lost to Nalbandian and Fish in straight sets but those guys had already proving that they can beat anyone on a given day. So this is new territory for Fed losing in a row to 3 guys with one barely having 4 lower-tier titles.
Its surprising to see the discrepancy in his form from last year. It all began with losing the WTF to Djokovic in straight sets and wasting his time playing those exhibitions in Brasil instead of either resting or trying to improve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version