Author Topic: job interview  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
job interview
« on: November 19, 2012, 05:33:21 AM »
guys, I do some consulting stuff with my bro but trying to get a regular job atm. I was a manager for one of the biggest oil company in Calgary, hired and trained so many people etc.

it's too funny. I went for an interview today. this little chubby guy asks me 'where I want to be in  5 years', I was like 'are you fuc.king kidding me, I'm not applying for McDonalld. I don't know what I'm going to do in 2 weeks. I was like, read my resume, it's all there and don't ask me stupid questions. then he asked me how motivated and I was.  I was like, I have a better suit and shoes than you, I have a gf who is beautiful, I have |Emma, I'm very motivated  :)~. the guy was the biggest retard ever.

sorry guys, but just can't stand stupidity ... I won't take this job even if they beg me. the stupidest interview ever and he was sweating like a pig. how this guy got this job is beyond me.  :whistle:. sorry had to vent

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: job interview
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 12:30:37 AM »
hard to believe they asked someone of your age and experience that question........i am wondering what questions the guy who hired your interviewer might have asked him........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 03:37:48 AM »
hard to believe they asked someone of your age and experience that question........i am wondering what questions the guy who hired your interviewer might have asked him........
he was like a machine, trained to be stupid. I have results to show, freaking University degree, yet he asked me so many stupid things, I just couldn't believe it. and it's not about my ego.

Shank, where would you like to be in 5 years? I need to know  :rofl_2:, or let's try this again, where Emma wants to be in 5 years :gleam: :))?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:44:04 PM by Alex »

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 02:18:29 PM »
guys, I do some consulting stuff with my bro but trying to get a regular job atm. I was a manager for one of the biggest oil company in Calgary, hired and trained so many people etc.

it's too funny. I went for an interview today. this little chubby guy asks me 'where I want to be in  5 years', I was like 'are you fuc.king kidding me, I'm not applying for McDonalld. I don't know what I'm going to do in 2 weeks. I was like, read my resume, it's all there and don't ask me stupid questions. then he asked me how motivated and I was.  I was like, I have a better suit and shoes than you, I have a gf who is beautiful, I have |Emma, I'm very motivated  :)~. the guy was the biggest retard ever.

sorry guys, but just can't stand stupidity ... I won't take this job even if they beg me. the stupidest interview ever and he was sweating like a pig. how this guy got this job is beyond me.  :whistle:. sorry had to vent

Hey, what's with the continuous reference to McDonald, eh? And you didn't even spell it right. Why should he give you a job when you can't even spell McDonald. Explain this to me because I am having problems with your stupidity right now.

The difference is, that guy has a job despite sweating like a pig and you don't have one even when you probably smelled like Chanel 5.

Beggars can't be choosers. Find a job and then report back to me. And stop complaining like a girl.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:53:18 PM by Emma »
You are everything I am not.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 02:23:19 PM »
he was like a machine, trained to be stupid. I have results to show, freaking University degree, yet he asked me so many stupid things, I just couldn't believe. and it's not about my ego.

Shank, where would you like to be in 5years? I need to know  :rofl_2:, or let's try this again, where Emma wants to be in 5 years :gleam: :))?

They have no reason to hire someone who doesn't know what he wants ...other than Emma, Emma, Emma night and day.

Let me tell you where you will be in 5 years’ time so that I save you some trouble - in a more delusional state where only you and this imaginary Emma exists.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 04:27:59 AM »
Emma go BOOOM on Alex! :rofl_2:

Maybe you weren't 'the one' for the job Alex and he was just going through the motions to justify his own existence.

Good luck on your job hunt and keep a positive attitude.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 11:50:29 AM »
and to answer Emma's question it is McOnalds or whatever I feel like spelling it. Where is Emma going to be in 5 years? doing some meaningless work, no bf, no husband, listening to same sad songs, reading same sad books and trying to figure out the meaning of life and why she exists.   :)~

still love ya babe  :gleam:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:46:01 PM by Alex »

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »
and to answer Emma's question it is McOnalds or whatever I feel like spelling it. Where is Emma going to be in 5 years. doing some meaningless work, no bf, no husband, listening to same sad songs, reading same sad books and trying to figure out the meaning of life and why she exist. what is her purpose?  :)~

I am curious. Why do you still love me if I am this sad girl who has a very sad life? what turns you on in all this? Is it because you see who you truly are in me?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 01:05:44 AM »
and to answer Emma's question it is McOnalds or whatever I feel like spelling it. Where is Emma going to be in 5 years. doing some meaningless work, no bf, no husband, listening to same sad songs, reading same sad books and trying to figure out the meaning of life and why she exist. what is her purpose?  :)~

I am curious. Why do you still love me if I am this sad girl who has a very sad life? what turns you on in all this? Is it because you see who you truly are in me?
because I like intelligent and different/crazy people. you are one of them  :). yup, second part is right. what do you think genius? isn't it obvious?

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 07:43:01 AM »

because I like intelligent and different/crazy people. you are one of them  :). yup, second part is right. what do you think genius? isn't it obvious?

If you are saying I am insanely genius, then you'd be right. If you are saying that you are also insanely genius, then you'd be wrong. However, if you say you are insanely dumb, then you’d be right in that case.

Did you like that, babe?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:01:11 PM by Emma »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 12:02:09 PM »
^ i think i have to read that again.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »
How about now?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 02:05:45 PM »
yeah now it looks easier than digesting your avatar.......

Offline tammywilson52

• Tennis Player
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 06:27:55 AM »
It was really a stupid question to ask to an experience person like you and this is the common sense that everyone must have.  ..-)

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 02:10:12 PM »
I have attended a few interviews as well.. I got the very same question and it is a tricky one.. There is an element of testing the ambition of the candidate [me] and. as the interviewer suggested, the candidate's desire. I do not know what is the right answer. I make sure to emphasize upon my sense of loyalty.. In my experience, this always is interpreted as a lack of confidence, meaning the interviewer takes me for a fool and makes me an offer that is underwhelming..

My cousin once told me this regarding interviews: ' the purpose is not to choose/shortlist candidates , but to eliminate them'. She works as a corporate HR executive.  :(

I wish you luck. Hope we crack the job market soon!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 10:30:58 PM »
I have attended a few interviews as well.. I got the very same question and it is a tricky one.. There is an element of testing the ambition of the candidate [me] and. as the interviewer suggested, the candidate's desire. I do not know what is the right answer. I make sure to emphasize upon my sense of loyalty.. In my experience, this always is interpreted as a lack of confidence, meaning the interviewer takes me for a fool and makes me an offer that is underwhelming..

My cousin once told me this regarding interviews: ' the purpose is not to choose/shortlist candidates , but to eliminate them'. She works as a corporate HR executive.  :(

[/m]

I like that...
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 04:15:05 AM »
It is called a 'behavioral interview' and I know it inside out. I was trained extensively for it by the company I used to work for over 10 years. I do have a healthy ego (I think  :)). I hoped to talk about results and what I can do for this new company instead of stupid BS like 'oh, where I'm going to be', or 'what my goals are' oh ... I'm not 18 yo.

As I said, I used to hire people.  I know what it's all about. My recruiter was silly and unprofessional. that's it. I wouldn't work for a company that has retarded recruiters. nothing to do with my ego  :whistle:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 04:21:09 AM »

[/m]

I like that...
you might like it but it's simply not true and just sounds fancy and blah, blah. you being an architect, I can understand  :cool:.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 07:18:22 PM »

[/m][/m]

I like that...
you might like it but it's simply not true and just sounds fancy and blah, blah. you being an architect, I can understand  :cool: .

Well, I just eliminated you based on your last post in this thread...   :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>>
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 10:05:31 AM »

[/m][/m]

I like that...
you might like it but it's simply not true and just sounds fancy and blah, blah. you being an architect, I can understand  :cool: .

Well, I just eliminated you based on your last post in this thread...   :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>>
lol, I know. I'm a b!tch but a smart one and I don't put up with meaningless BS. I don't have to.

Scott, could I ask you a question? People skills ...  what does it mean? Also, where do you think you will be in 3.5 years and 15 hours from now on?