Non-Tennis Discussions > Other Sports

World Cricket

<< < (13/16) > >>

falcon:
Kallis and Amla are standout batsmen. It should be interesting when India tours SA this year. All their victories are based on players who have shown quality on home turf. Curious to see how this translates to foreign soil. I have a feeling things might go SA's way but we need to wait and watch. IPL is on in 5 days time.

tennisville:

--- Quote from: JayR on March 29, 2013, 03:58:37 AM ---And that would leave a huge gap considering his massive contributions over the years with both bat and ball. Not forgetting he's an excellent slip fielder also.

--- End quote ---

I doubt its a huge gap but he could have had a chance to win in sri lanka . He wants to play the world cup so fingers crossed SA team is still strong in 2015 and Kallis can win then

tennisville:

--- Quote from: falcon on March 29, 2013, 07:17:01 AM ---Kallis and Amla are standout batsmen. It should be interesting when India tours SA this year. All their victories are based on players who have shown quality on home turf. Curious to see how this translates to foreign soil. I have a feeling things might go SA's way but we need to wait and watch. IPL is on in 5 days time.

--- End quote ---

I am positive India get whitewashed

JayR:

--- Quote from: tennisville on March 29, 2013, 07:18:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: JayR on March 29, 2013, 03:58:37 AM ---And that would leave a huge gap considering his massive contributions over the years with both bat and ball. Not forgetting he's an excellent slip fielder also.

--- End quote ---

I doubt its a huge gap but he could have had a chance to win in sri lanka . He wants to play the world cup so fingers crossed SA team is still strong in 2015 and Kallis can win then

--- End quote ---

Well unless they have somebody in the wings with comparable test averages in both batting, bowling and who catches stuff for fun in the wings. Then I would say those are very big boots which won't be easily filled Winnie. Barring injury, I can definitely see him there in 2015.

JayR:

--- Quote from: falcon on March 29, 2013, 07:17:01 AM ---Kallis and Amla are standout batsmen. It should be interesting when India tours SA this year. All their victories are based on players who have shown quality on home turf. Curious to see how this translates to foreign soil. I have a feeling things might go SA's way but we need to wait and watch. IPL is on in 5 days time.

--- End quote ---

And on completely different pitches to the ones from the recent series against Australia. And I agree that it will be interesting to see how well they adapt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version