Non-Tennis Discussions > Other Sports

World Cricket

<< < (14/16) > >>

JayR:
And the Indian Premier League is once again underway. Or as I saw it named somewhere: The Indian Pensioners League due to the fact that there seem to be a fair number of players who are nearer 40 than 30. Lol!

propstoart:
Nice one, JayR! IPL must seem like a fun run for the happily 'retired'! Can't fault them - the benefits are very significant!!

SA playing at home should beat India.. Nevertheless, there is a lot of cricket to be played until then; form and fitness will tell how much an advantage SA carry into the series..

India's test team is rebuilding, some good batsmen who have cracked the team - this tour will test their skills and temperament. The bowling is their big issue, particularly the pacers.. Genuine pace/swing bowling is a rare skill in Indian cricket, the options available are uninspiring..

As an Indian, I should support my team, but who cannot love a side with Amla, Kallis, DeVilliers and Steyn!!  ;-()

JayR:
Yes. Like the nicest , most well paid walk in the park they'll probably ever take. Lol! And as you so rightly say propstoart, who can blame them for biting the organisers hands off when the offers came. Who wouldn't!

Yes, given that advantage that is the likely outcome. But India will take a fair amount of confidence from their series win against Australia and they should at least make it competitive. Though we both know that SA at home will be an entirely different proposition from an Australian outfit which looked average at least. It's good to see India's newer batsmen coming through and performing as well as they have done, so it will be interesting to see if they can maintain this against what is surely the best attack in world cricket.

Yes. And this could well be a very weak link given the strength of SA batting line-up, as the spinners cannot be expected to perform miracles at seemingly every turn without support from their pacemen.

Lol! You're probably not on your own there.  ;-()

Start da Game:
india - south africa is the most interesting test series coming up.......it is still 6 months away.......so until then 20-20 kids can bash away i guess........

JayR:
Shankar! Longtime no see! I hope all is well with you my friend.  :))

Even though it's not happening for 6 months, I agree that this is potentially the best test series of the year.  Looking forward to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version