Author Topic: World Cricket  (Read 3673 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: World Cricket
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2012, 02:52:45 PM »
OK, I'll just say one thing. Never seen a cricket match in my life. I have no clue how it works, what rules and goals are. I've never seen in even on TV in Canada. I think 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of Canadians know what cricket is. Sure, I'm ignorant, hate to admit it ... again no clue what freaking cricket is  :innocent:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2012, 11:42:17 AM »
don't worry alex.........try to watch a few matches completely and you will understand it bit by bit.......it is definitely more simpler than emma for sure........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2012, 09:22:06 PM »
don't worry alex.........try to watch a few matches completely and you will understand it bit by bit.......it is definitely more simpler than emma for sure........
it's actually interesting, I've watched some cricket on u tube last night. This might be my project for next year, to learn something new.  :).

Just so you know, my old father still thinks that hockey is the only legit sport in the world and still thinks I'm a retard because I love tennis. he said something like 'what normal Canadian straight man can prefer tennis over hockey, are you gay?' ... I'm not kidding btw (this was a long time ago)  :rofl_2: ... now here is the part you'll love, me and my dad are watching both tennis and hockey nowadays together to bond and have some great time  when we are free... he adores Nadal (well, If I was a Rafa fan he'd probably pick Nole or Fed, it has to be opposite of whoever I like), and my dad thinks that Djokovic is too skinny/anorexic (that's what he said last time, lol, I could not stop laughing)... love that old crazy man  :)) ...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 09:33:19 PM by Alex »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2012, 10:41:30 AM »
no wonder your dad thinks tennis is a feminine sport........it's a common feeling among elders for some reason.........i think it's mainly because that almost no other sport has equal following on the women's side........

watch this cricket match, you will like it........

Australia vs West Indies 1996 World Cup Semi Final Highlights
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2012, 05:50:27 PM »
general shansk i believe general masterclass would like to learn more about this game.

good thread general.  :))

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2012, 01:07:03 AM »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 01:52:33 AM »
too many generals here. I want to be a Marshall I think. CD promote me, please.  :gleam:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2012, 02:35:55 AM »
too many generals here. I want to be a Marshall I think. CD promote me, please.  :gleam:

i see. so you want to be a field marshall alex the invincible.

no worries general.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2012, 08:27:11 AM »

he retired from the limited overs format in cricket........

there is no better way to learn cricket than to watch some matches and get an idea, hercules........i think masterclass should watch all the videos posted plus also watch some live cricket once in a while.........

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2012, 10:41:55 AM »
india beat pakistan in the second cricket match of the series today........it was a high scoring game with bowlers being hit to all parts of the ground.........yuvraj singh's innings made the difference today........he deposited 7 balls in the stands(sixes).........

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »
Shank,  this is a great thread.  I'd appreciate if you let us know who are Rafa/Fed/Nole of cricket and help us out with this sport. trying to watch more u tube stuff and learn  :).

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2012, 02:56:22 AM »
confusing, what is that Sahara/India thing on his shirt? sorry, it doesn't make any sense to me. I know what and where Sahara is ... just don't understand  the combination with India.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:04:07 AM by Alex »

Offline JayR

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2013, 10:15:03 AM »
After being 33-4 at one stage at Newlands, Pakistan have staged a fine comeback thanks to centuries from Younus and Shafiq to end the day at 253-5. Considering their earlier travails, I think they'll take that.  :)

Offline JayR

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2013, 03:04:41 AM »
confusing, what is that Sahara/India thing on his shirt? sorry, it doesn't make any sense to me. I know what and where Sahara is ... just don't understand  the combination with India.

Hi Alex. It's an Indian conglomerate which sponsors the team.  :)

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2013, 04:45:10 AM »
Good stuff from India to beat the Aussies 4-0, however this was a terrible performance from Aus....substandard team with no solid batting partnerships.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline JayR

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2013, 04:03:26 AM »
Hello falcon.  :)

It was. And I think it speaks volumes that their most effective batsmen in both innings was a fast bowler...Clearly a lot of work to be done before the Ashes series.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2013, 07:48:21 AM »
Hello Jay!

The top order looked listless. Hughes looked good in patches. Siddle was very good indeed. Aussis have some respite in Lyon's inspired performance though...

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline JayR

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2013, 03:54:38 AM »
Hello falcon.  :)

Yes. And I don't know whether they have an awful lot of room for manoeuvre within that top order apart from when Michael Clarke returns, so yes, things to be considered before the beginning of the Ashes series. He was, and a few from the top order could've done with paying attention to the sensible way in which he took his runs. I think he was overdue for a good performance and it was good to see him keep the pressure on.

Offline tennisville

• Tennis Player
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2013, 01:29:38 AM »
I really waned SA to beat SL this year in the tests , 2015 is too far away and Kallis might have retired by then  :zipped:

Offline JayR

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2013, 03:58:37 AM »
And that would leave a huge gap considering his massive contributions over the years with both bat and ball. Not forgetting he's an excellent slip fielder also.